What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And while I am drinking coffee sitting here thinking about my retirement project. This blue 72/510 I picked up way back in Biloxi,MS.

5B384BE8-DCC2-4336-8B99-0AD8EB926353.jpg

I had took it apart with the intention to get it back together but life gets in the way sometimes. What I have to go in it is an L20b with a cam. I let the friend at the machine shop that did the work advise me on the cam that should work well with it. The head is an older one without the inserts in the exhaust ports. A set of Mikuni carbs. A matchbox electronic distributor. I have some 240z seats and an Bluebird steering wheel and stock tack. I had got a rear end from a 240Z I believe it's a r180. Would love a roll cage.Some 280Z front struts and newer adjustable camber plates and bumpsteer spacers, and some newer adjustable coilover springs. I have some older style rear springs ( not sure if I will go with something newer style like coilover type). Plan to put the battery in the trunk. And some 16" 300zx rims w/ tires I would like to fit on it with out having to anything on the body around the fender where the tires are. I like the stock body look. And one of those air dams for the lower front. O well I forgot I still have a couple of cars to get running yet so all will have to wate on this one for a little longer. I will just have to get all the parts arranged and try to do a little here and there.

Started removing my old license plates.. which I cant use! (Damn you DMV and your 72' and older laws)

IMG_20150805_183227087_zpslvw7skjn.jpg

If you have both of them you should be able to keep them..........Kalani did.

If you have both of them you should be able to keep them..........Kalani did.

Since my car had been out of the dmv system for 20+ years, they have no records, so I have to have some documentation prooving the car had those license plates together in the dmv system, or approved by them. And she also said I would be able to keep them without having to proove it if my car was a 72' car or older..... which it isnt since its a 73. And yes I have both license plates.

• Like 1

Dude car is awesome Leave it as it is

get another L motor .

If car dont use water or oil just run it. dont drive to far But watch the head gasket area

I plan to leave this one stock. And I won't be driving it but around town. Nothing mixing, oil or water. My guess it has been like this a while. Runs fine though.

Have you fixed it yet? Or did it run better after it broke? :rofl:

Cars runng fine now with the valve lash adjusted. Just took the broke head bolt out and put it in the glove box. My guess it has been like that sence I bought it way back. I'll just have to keep an eye on it.
  • 2 weeks later...