Japan jealousy thread. :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're made by various manufacturers. They're street legal in Japan and most of Asia though not freeway legal I think. Not street legal here though. You see them around here in places that have large working areas- Puget Sound Naval Shipyard had dozens of the Daihatsu version, as did most Naval bases. I think I've seen 'em at Airports and at Boeing plants. The ones at PSNS were obviously intended to be somewhat street legal in some country; they have speedometers, gauges, turn signals, etc just like a legal car, but their size and limited speed makes them not truly streetworthy.

They're made by various manufacturers. They're street legal in Japan and most of Asia though not freeway legal I think. Not street legal here though. You see them around here in places that have large working areas- Puget Sound Naval Shipyard had dozens of the Daihatsu version, as did most Naval bases. I think I've seen 'em at Airports and at Boeing plants. The ones at PSNS were obviously intended to be somewhat street legal in some country; they have speedometers, gauges, turn signals, etc just like a legal car, but their size and limited speed makes them not truly streetworthy.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/pts/1029960748.html

I like the first one. It is a Kei van with pickup body

Kei-cars are not only fully street legal in Japan, they are the most popular cars in Japan. And Suzuki is #1 car manufacturer in Japan because of these little cars.

You see them at boeing and factories, but not street legal here except for the older ones. You can find Subaru Sambar on eBay, buy a 1983 or older, no problem getting registration for it, the older ones are exempt from federal emission control (EPA) and DOT (crash test) requirements. Unless your state requires emission testing for older car you are golden.

flair must open with the door.

and in a few southern and midwest states they are street legal, there are some guys on pirate 4x4 that drive them and have threads on them in the sidexside forum.

take a look at the truck again, there is no crack where the door would open. Theres no way the entire panels come off to just open the door. Maybe its on the passenger side?