Charlie69's 66 520 Build

Charlie69

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will be having my left knee replaced on the 1st of March.  That means in the next 6 weeks I need to get my torsion bars installed the gas tank installed and get it to the muffler shop for complete new "quiet" exhaust system.

If I have any time left after the exhaust before surgery I will work on the wiring.

I will be down between 3 to 6 months rehabing the new knee.

I bought a pair of gel knew pads the other night at Home Depot.  I put one on my fake knee and crawled around on the Home Depot floor to see if I could stand the pressure.  people looked at me like I was nuts but I do not care as I was able to crawl on the cement floor with my fake knee wearing the gel knee pad.  I will be testing these knee pads out this weekend if I get time to work on my 520.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/McGuire-Nicholas-1-3-lb-Gel-Foam-Stabilizer-Knee-Pads-1BL-22380-4/205853110

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I broke the top of the femur off and a the doctor had to put a rod into hope it in place.

I have been moved to a long term care facility. I hope get released soon and do my rehab at Spooner Physical Therapy. Spooner is where I did my right knee replacement rehab.

• Like 1

Charlie, got your PM. I will check in soon ... crazy busy.

How is PT? Ready for soccer team tryouts? Just kidding; when my fingers were reattached, PT kicked my ass, but all your hard efforts now will pay off later with better mobility.

Here's hoping 2017 is a much better year for you. Don't get discouraged.... your truck is almost done. Remember where you started with this project and look how far you have come!

• Like 2

Seems like alot of effort to just get out of working on your truck...  Next time i would try just leaning back on the couch and simply extend your arm in a stretching motion and fake a yawn while saying "Man,,,  i'm kinda bushed" ,,, rather than break a hip..

Call me old fashion i guess

:lol:

• Like 6