Charlie69's 66 520 Build

Charlie69

Received the Weber it is clean other than shelf dust.  Missing a couple of parts.  Ordered o-rings and fuel filters.   Will clean and test carb today.  If it is a good carb it will go on the rebuilt Z20 that is going in my 86 720 king cab.

Edited by Charlie69
  • Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I am back off & on until I finish resolving my father and step mothers estate.  Dad died June 18 2022 and my step mother Helen died September 1st 2022  all that is left is sell the house and cash out annuities and stocks then disburse the monies to the six children. making an appointment with a tax lawyer this afternoon.

I spent last 2 years helping get all the ducks in a row to amend the trust. dad had no records as my father decided to shred everything.

I am trying to get the wiring and the exhaust done by December as Shawn wants to swap his green 70 521 with my 66 520 in my garage so he can do the body work & paint on my 520.  I hope to be able to drive my 520 to the mini truck nationals in 2024, maybe 2023.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am working on the wiring and after that the exhaust, then body & paint in December.  After body & paint then I will drop the non op registration put insurance on it and drive it to shake it down for atrip to east Texas and mabe even Louisiana if things are going well.

I start drawing my Social Security in July that is if they do not push my collection date out farther.  Originally it was 65 then 66 then 66 1/2.

Edited by Charlie69
  • Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Hi everyone

I know it's been a long time away from my ratsun family for me , too much going on and life and death has it's way of taking a toll on us and our toy's .

Sorry to hear about your loss Charlie . I recently lost my Dad and my mom is starting to circle the drain ..........getting old really sucks .

I wish everyone well and the best in this new year and crazy world of ours .

I am back at my shop at home , lost the second one just before finishing the build , that's been making my life hell , trying to put two full shops into one.

Finally have a little time to snoop around the ratsun community .........missed a bunch wow.  

This is the Falcata ( Nissan 350Z ) building a wide re-body kit

original_9e2ccc7a-081e-4983-99a4-b3819674d8b2_IMG_20220503_170231072.jpg

IMG_20220519_161905288_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

few more pics ...................... I know it's not everyone bag , been 3 years work , 7 days a week  , lots of head scratching to figure it all out to make it work without cutting up the cat .

it's going to be nasty when it's finished .............

IMG_20220502_104217289~2.jpg

IMG_20220503_170533816~2.jpg

IMG_20220515_162734200.jpg

• Like 6