Bummer news from Paul 71-521

Okay guys....got a bit of an update.

"I'm still @ st. Joes....boys are staying w/relatives. Doctors say they got 95% of the cancer out. Once i get well enuf, i'll go home and then get referred to the uw cancer research as they are doing a study I qualify for to get the rest of the tentades out. You can call me direct @ 253-223-2868...it's best to call in afternoon."

This is from back in July. I wouldn't call too early, or too late since he is still in St Joe's, but I'm sure all are welcome to call! :)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy Pausch's "Last Lecture" has been circulating on the web for quite a few months now with millions of viewings, so I think it's a fair assumption that some of you have seen it. For those of you who have not, I highly recommend it. I saw this go through a news site again today, and it struck me as something fairly important and inspiring. Especially when I think of Paul on here.

Apparently at Carnegie Mellon some professors give special lectures as though it were their last -- hence, the "last lecture." Only Randy, who is suffering from terminal cancer, is actually delivering his final lecture. The speech he gives is not about dying, however, and it's not sad or morose; it's quite the opposite. It's about childhood dreams and things that are even more important. Just set aside two hours before you dive in, or watch the Oprah "reprise." I'd recommend watching both.

• 2 weeks later...

from TerriLynn this morning

Hello everyone,

The time has come for Paul to leave this earth to join our heavenly father.

Paul passed away this morning. He held strong for Sampson's 9th birthday on the 12th. The 13th was his hardest day of all. Paul was in transit to the hospice house this morning the 14th when he passed away.

Our family thank you all for your thoughts and prayers over the last 8 months.

When I have a date and time I will be sending that out to you all.

Love to you all,

TerriLynn

from TerriLynn this morning

Hello everyone,

The time has come for Paul to leave this earth to join our heavenly father.

Paul passed away this morning. He held strong for Sampson's 9th birthday on the 12th. The 13th was his hardest day of all. Paul was in transit to the hospice house this morning the 14th when he passed away.

Our family thank you all for your thoughts and prayers over the last 8 months.

When I have a date and time I will be sending that out to you all.

Love to you all,

TerriLynn

My deepest sympathy to her and her family. I hope they have hot rods in Heaven as I'm sure he's wrenching on one right now. Our prayers go out to the family.

I know I haven't had anything to say at all on this subject, but I have kept up on this thread regularly. Every time, fearing the worst, but hoping for some good news.

I am extremely sorry to hear this. Although I'm far from a praying type, in times like this I've asked for a favor or two (from god, gods, or just plain outcome)

I know all too well what it's like to lose someone close (My own mother, 2004, cancer) and I know that there's nothing that will really "make it better" but it is important to keep thoughts positive, cherish the memories and never forget, and keep strong.

I always remember that we're lucky to get warning, to not only help the pain, but to get some time to enjoy. I'm sure some would say it's better not to know, but that's just not true. It sounds like Paul got some good time in with the one's he loved, and passed as pain free as posible.

Paul, I didn't know you at all, but may you rest in peace. And keep an eye on all your crazy Ratsun friends, we'll be wrenching in your memory

Robert Fulghum:

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge -- myth is more potent than history -- dreams are more powerful than facts -- hope always triumphs over experience -- laughter is the cure for grief -- love is stronger than death.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

May you Rest in Peace Paul.

And may your love for your family ,and the love for your datsuns,Be with all forever,

My prayers go out to all your loved ones my fellow datsun friend.

Rest in Peace PAul. My heart hurts for our Ratsun brother and his family. But I also know there are Datsuns in heven and they don't have any rusty bolts on them, and that brings some comfort.

Wrench on.

I know I haven't had anything to say at all on this subject, but I have kept up on this thread regularly. Every time, fearing the worst, but hoping for some good news.

I am extremely sorry to hear this. Although I'm far from a praying type, in times like this I've asked for a favor or two (from god, gods, or just plain outcome)

I know all too well what it's like to lose someone close (My own mother, 2004, cancer) and I know that there's nothing that will really "make it better" but it is important to keep thoughts positive, cherish the memories and never forget, and keep strong.

I always remember that we're lucky to get warning, to not only help the pain, but to get some time to enjoy. I'm sure some would say it's better not to know, but that's just not true. It sounds like Paul got some good time in with the one's he loved, and passed as pain free as posible.

Paul, I didn't know you at all, but may you rest in peace. And keep an eye on all your crazy Ratsun friends, we'll be wrenching in your memory

I second this one, RIP my ratsun brother.

I edited Paul's sig line...

Can't think of anything else right now but to post up some pic's from some of the goodtimes :)

Meeting up in Tacoma to head down to Tulatin

morningmeet2.jpg

Heading to Tulatin for the BBQ at 808's place

71521hwy.jpg

Parked out front, Pauls parked in the front corner

group1-1.jpg

That's all I have of his truck online at the moment. I'll have to dig through my pic's on my pc when I get home...I'm sure I've got some of Paul there too.

This is truly a sad day. Although I've never got to meet paul, I have always enjoyed reading his post/threads. I think we all share something in common through this datsun community, and it's always painful when we lose a good friend and loved one. My deepest sympathy and prayers go out to pauls family and loved ones. Rest in peace my Ratsun brother.

I never wanted to read this type of news. Im really sad and I send the family all of the support needed to recover from such a loss. God bless everyone of you and I know Paul is going to watch for all of us. Goodbye Ratsun friend.

God speed Paul, for your suffering is all but gone, cherish his memory in all of the happy times. Dont dwell on the sad, the pain. For all that is past, he looks upon and knows he will be remembered by all hi touched. I pray for his family in this time of sadness and lost. He will be missed...:(:(

I didn't get to meet Paul. I have a feeling from a couple of posts him and I had he was a person with strong moral and social beliefs.

I had,had, a speeding ticket at work and posted about it. The circumstances were a little odd,but Paul let me know in no uncertain terms I had messed up.

He was probably right.

Even though I didn't agree with him, he expressed himself well. Can't fault a man for believing in things strongly enough to stand up for what he felt.

Pauls family: He seemed to be a Goodin' Bless you all!