Bummer news from Paul 71-521

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi Paul, you are in our thoughts and prayers and everyone is sending lots of good energy your way. Please let me know if you or your wife need any help. I will be enjoying several days of hospital food early in February when I finally (hurray) get my knee replaced and looking forward to walking normal again, without constant pain. Can you recommend anything special to order on the hospital menu? So, I won't be able to play with car parts for a while after that. Plenty of time to sort boxes of parts while recovering however.

Get well really soon Paul....best wishes to your family too.

• 1 month later...

I hate to be the one to post this, but I thought everyone should know. I just received this from Paul's wife.

Hello everyone,

It has come, the night of 2/11/08 we found out that Paul has anywhere from maybe a week to a month before the cancer takes him from us.

Paul is currently at St Joe's in Tacoma on the 10th floor in the B quad room 2. He has his cell phone with him should any of you like to take the time to say hello. His cell number is 253-223-2868.

Right now we are working on getting the house in shape for him to come home for hospice care. He may be home as soon as Sunday or Monday.

We are forever grateful for every prayer or well wish you all have been sending our way.

Hugs and Love,

TerriLynn

May the family find peace during this time. My prayers are with them. Something like this never makes sense no matter how many ways you look at it. I just pray for strength for his family during this most difficult time. I've been through this and there is nothing that helps more than the close support of friends and family. God bless.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

As we get older I see more and more of this happening and its just damn right Depressing.

I feal this way too,

My Prayers go out to Paul and his family,

Dang. Its amazing that we think we have such controll of our lives and then something like this happens. Makes me and I know others think of how important things are that we take for granted like our health. I know if we had the chance we would all come to meet you or say hi to a friend of many years, but some may not get the chance to come up there. For them like myself I wish you the best, and my prayers are with you as well as your family. Take Care and God Bless brother.

CRAP

I kinda feel bad for treating him badly on the forum. But I dont think I would change. I have thought of him alot just havent said anything.

As we get older I see more and more of this happening and its just damn right Depressing.

Life is short. Even a long life measured against all eternity is a mere tic of the second hand. If any of you have something to do, or something to say to someone, anyone, just do it, because once this chance is missed .....it's gone! Phone your parents or brothers or sisters, or an old friend and just talk. Take it from someone that learned the hard way. Life is short.

Paul, good luck and safe trip on your journey and I'll see you on the other side.

CRAP

I kinda feel bad for treating him badly on the forum. But I dont think I would change.

don't worry about it hainz...... keeps the newbies on their toes!

I have thought of him alot just havent said anything.

well speak up more often there man, everyone needs to hear praise

this board and the others I have spent time on, I have learned a great deal and met a lot of great people.

to those wondering about my trucks and parts, my boys are getting the trucks plain and simple. It is yet to be decided the fate of the 223. My wife and boys may be having a garage sale and some of the left over parts will be in there. It wont be that much stuff as the boys need to complete their projects.

Looks like I may be home Sunday or Monday but not sure yet.

Paul,having met you a couple times and chatted endlessly across forums I can say that I honestly think you are a cool and sincere person.This saddens me and I wish you the best with your time on this world and the best for your family.Peace be with you datsun brother.

Ben Carter/Datsunfish

Paul we've never met, but reading through this thread I can't help but get misty eyed. And if you can have that effect on a stranger from the other side of the country, well, then you must be a truly amazing person.

My best to you and your family!

Hi, I'm new here so I really don't know anyone but enjoy reading the RATSUN form. After reading about Pauls situation it hit close to home and know what his family is going through, after reading everyones post I also am getting misty eye. I recieved a email just today from a unknown author that reminds me of these type of situation, I hope I'm not out of line, so here it goes.

TO A KEEPER!

One day a mother died.

And on that clear, cold morning,

in the warmth of her bedroom,

the daughter was struck with

the pain of learning that sometimes

there isn't any more.

No more hugs,

no more lucky moments to celebrate together,

no more phone calls just to chat,

No more 'just one minute'

Sometimes, what we care about the most goes away.

never to return before we can say good-bye,

Say 'I Love You.'

So while we have it . . it's best we love it .

And care for it and fix it when it's broken

and take good care of it when it's sick.

This is true for marriage.... and friendships ..

And children with bad report cards;

And dogs with bad hips;

And aging parents and grandparents

We keep them because they are worth it,

Because we cherish them!

Some things we keep --

like a best friend who moved away

or a classmate we grew up with.

There are just some things that

make us happy, No matter what.

Life is important,

and so are the people we know