Lisa's 15 cents

69FJWagon

So my girlfriend (Lisa) went out and bought herself a '71 510. It just so happens that a good buddy of mine owned it for about 10 years previous to selling it to PoolGuru from here on the board. Just wanted to share a few pictures and a few of the plans for the car... Enjoy!

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

Then last weekend I was down at Troy Ermish's shop and I installed a set of rear coil overs that were on my Fj 2-door to get the ride height level.

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

"Testing the handling"

IMG_0342.jpg

Here's Troy finishing off the broken automatic in his girlfriends 4-door

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lisa and I went out for a nice little drive today and found some pretty cool places to take some photos of the new toy.

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

Future plans for "Lisa's 15 cent's" are:

- Install Ermish built Lz2.2 with Rebello prepped head

- Front Zx Coil overs w/ Wilwood 4 piston calipers

- Replace front winshield

- 6 point (eventually) rollcage

- New rims & tires

- Slot rear crossmember

- New exhaust

- Teach Lisa how to drive the living piss out of it :lol:

Thanks for lookin! :cool:

• Like 2

WOW! That is a really clean dime nice find, I really like those rims to bad I can't find any around here :D

EDIT: Did the previous owner re route the wires in the engine bay? if so any pics to show how he/she tucked them gives the engine bay a real clean look

Edited by LeDevil
  • Like 1
Redwood road to skyline into Berkeley for a stop off at the furniture store then out to the marina then home? Great roads. Looking good guys!

hahaha... you are correct sir ^^^

• Like 1
Very clean car, not fond of those wheels though, so glad to see them on the list to be changed. Amazing how clean the inside of the trunk floor is.

Will we see it at Canby??

Ya Jason it will be at Canby along with my wagon. if I had my way the wheels would be gone along time ago but we have to many projects and not enough cash to do them all at once but soon it will have a nice set of wheels

Clayton

• Like 1
WOW! That is a really clean dime nice find, I really like those rims to bad I can't find any around here :D

EDIT: Did the previous owner re route the wires in the engine bay? if so any pics to show how he/she tucked them gives the engine bay a real clean look

the wheels are yours 100 bucks and shipping:lol:

I will take a few pic tomorrow of the wiring

• Like 1
Is that 'sea foam green'?

ya Mike thats what I call it its the same color as my 2 door FJ car I love that color

It's Lisa's car, so why isn't she a Ratsun member, or is she?

HI LISA

Well... I guess I am an un-official member (this is Lisa!) if you will. Most of the stuff Clayton posts when he's home, I type. I'm his right hand if you will... the "secretary", haha. So HELLO! and thanks for all the kind words about my 510. I cant even begin to explain how much I love that car! Then again, I doubt I'd have to explain, we're all Datsun fans so you understand where I'm coming from :D I've owned a few project cars and this one by far is the cleanest one I've had, and it's pretty awesome that we can just get in it and drive it anytime we want. It's just a bad ass 510! (In my opinion)

• Like 1

Holy clean...that thing is cleaner (inside and trunk) than the 510 I sold to that guy in Australia (and how I met Clay when he came to pick it up to take to the shipping dock). I guess this means the 521's days are really numbered huh? Can't wait to see it in person.

We should catch up and check out each other's dimes once I get mine back from San Diego. :)

• Like 1
Holy clean...that thing is cleaner (inside and trunk) than the 510 I sold to that guy in Australia (and how I met Clay when he came to pick it up to take to the shipping dock). I guess this means the 521's days are really numbered huh? Can't wait to see it in person.

We should catch up and check out each other's dimes once I get mine back from San Diego. :)

let me know when and we will come out and talk shop, as far as Lisa's 521 ya it will be going soon but not until I rebuild the front end and make it safe for someone to drive

Clayton

• Like 1

that thing is beautiful when are you gonna replace the coilovers in the fj 2 door? sorry i didnt get to meet up with you guys at troys on thrusday me and agentalpha didnt finish running around till 7:00 and i figured by then you would be gone :P im definatly gonna have to head down there though i know troy wanted to have a look at my 610 :D

• Like 1
very nice looking car, and some easily do-able plans. all these photos and none are with her and her new prize!!

Here's one with Lisa and her new toy

IMG_0444.jpg

Here's a couple of Troy doing a pretty good burnie in his Bluebird. We will post a link later of some video of todays Jack-ass-ery activities...

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

Edited by 69FJWagon
  • Like 1