Lisa's 15 cents

69FJWagon

Got a late start yesterday and had to be at an early birthday party for a good friends dad's 70th birthday. So we pretty much just got some of the accessories out as well as the radiator. Tried to get an early start today but that didn't happen either, and I felt like crap (sick) to top it all off. I got the old engine out, MSD box mounted as well as the gauges and repaired a front input shaft seal on the tranny, Lisa also took the time to wipe down the whole engine bay. Hopefuly through out the week after work I could get the new engine (LZ2.2) in as well as running by next weekend. Gunna work on getting the new rear end (4.38 LSD R180) installed also. Here are a few pictures from the past few days.

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

^This is NOT a picture of the engine bay "clean".. Will post tomorrow^

IMG_1156.jpg

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why doesn't the paint match? Accident?

the rear end was hit and the hood was re painted the body shop thought they would try to match it and clear the whole car...the clear came off in most parts because they didnt prep it right so you get what you see.

the rear end was hit and the hood was re painted the body shop thought they would try to match it and clear the whole car...the clear came off in most parts because they didnt prep it right so you get what you see.

Its not that bad, just curious because it's the 1st thing that struck my eye when I saw the pics. Any pics of the LZ2.2 you plan to drop in? Going to be pretty peppy with a 4.38 LSD R180 in there.

So what's going in? An SR or something :D

Thanks...:lol: just another L series I wish we had money to put an SR in here but money is tight so we will run the 2.2 FOR NOW :D

Its not that bad, just curious because it's the 1st thing that struck my eye when I saw the pics. Any pics of the LZ2.2 you plan to drop in? Going to be pretty peppy with a 4.38 LSD R180 in there.

I will have pictures later tonight,depending on how good I feel after work I hope to have it in the car tonight but I still need to finish assembling the engine so we shall see how far I get with this F'n cold

Looks nice and CLEAN, the way I like 'em!:D

Give me a call if you need some help, C and L!!

thanks for the offer I will be in need of some help in the next couple weeks on her truck I will call you soon

Nice dime!! She's a lucky lady, and you my friend, are a lucky man!

Thanks Scott, Glad to see you back hopefully some more Datto art in the near future??? :D

Thanks...:lol: just another L series I wish we had money to put an SR in here but money is tight so we will run the 2.2 FOR NOW :D

hehe :D sorry I just had to throw that in there :D Dude that car is so nice!! Are you going to run the same air filter and holder? I like it :D

hehe :D sorry I just had to throw that in there :D Dude that car is so nice!! Are you going to run the same air filter and holder? I like it :D

gunna run 44 Mikunis and a comp header. Thanks for the compliments Lisa says thanks too

So I had a really rough week... Came home sick on monday from work and spent the following 3 days layed up in bed with a really bad cold that migrated to my lungs, being that I have asthma it ment a trip to the doctor yesterday for a couple of breathing test and a couple persciptions for some meds to get my lungs cleared up. I am back at work (still feel like crap) and plan on going to Troys today and get some things done on Lisas car and with some luck and my health getting better I should have her car up and running by the end of the long weekend...HOPEFULLY :D

Clayton

Looking good Clay, I can't volunteer to give you a hand tomorrow (the wife would kill me) plus I'll be working on adding a ipod adapter to her stock navigation/stereo as her Vday gift. On Sunday I might be heading down back to Hollister to get some more seat brackets made for my goon...but if I don't I'll give you a call to see if you need any help. Hope you feel better buddy.

Clayton, I've had the same muck in my chest. Missed two days work. I feel your pain!

Man it sucks its like I cant catch my breath and keep on hackin up a bunch of crap. Take care of yourself... sucks getting OLD

Looking good Clay, I can't volunteer to give you a hand tomorrow (the wife would kill me) plus I'll be working on adding a ipod adapter to her stock navigation/stereo as her Vday gift. On Sunday I might be heading down back to Hollister to get some more seat brackets made for my goon...but if I don't I'll give you a call to see if you need any help. Hope you feel better buddy.

Thanks Mario give me a call probabaly not gunna work on it too much on Sunday Im showing my redneck side and gunna be watchin me sum NASCAR

Daytona 500 :D but I will be putting some time in on monday let me know what your up to!

Clayton

Hey Clayton, try Mucinex. I had the same shit during xmas and I took some of that and it really helped. Breaks all that shit up and gets you breathing normal again.

Thanks Bee I think Lisa has some I will give it a try

What did you end up doing with the clutch?

got a standard Z car clutch but was happy when I opened in up and the center hub was PURPLE and it said EXEDY* (*sp) it was also stamped the same on the friction surface. then again it might be a bone stock clutch from them reboxed in a AC Delco box

Clayton

got a standard Z car clutch but was happy when I opened in up and the center hub was PURPLE and it said EXEDY* (*sp) it was also stamped the same on the friction surface. then again it might be a bone stock clutch from them reboxed in a AC Delco box

Clayton

Daiken/Exedy provides oem replacement for some apps so it's prob correct.

Hey buddy you feeling better? Good enough to make it to the Sac swap meet?

Im shooting for it I worked for about 8 hours (V-day took some of my work time) on Lisas car this weekend and ran into small problem after small problem if I can get her car running by the end of the week I want to take her car but if not I may end up just taking the Subbie or Lisas s10 (gets better milage) I will let you know

Clayton

Well it seems like forever on this project but over the last few days things have really started to come together. Got the tach mounted and wired as well as the MSD box and gages. The exhaust is done and the engine is in and running as of 7pm this evening. Still need to work out some bugs but thats normal for a new engine, but it's close. A few things still need to happen over the next week to fix a few problems. Troy assembled the bottom end about 2 months ago just to get the parts out of the way in his engine room and then I came along and assembled the head and placed it on the short block, I also installed the rear main seal, oil pickup and pan about 2 weeks ago. As some of you probably know, when someone starts an engine build and someone else finishes it... things get over looked. Troy has a process that he does when assembling an engine and does things in certain order. When I started doing the final assembly we forgot to install the plug seals in the rear main cap and now we have an oil leak. So that will get fixed within the next couple of days and hopefuly we can work out some of the tuning issues.

That's all for now, enjoy some updated pictures.

- Clayton

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

[My super awesome boyfriend taking a much needed brake after a hard days (er... 2 weeks) work on my car <3 :D]

- Lisa