Lisa's 15 cents

69FJWagon

Look'n good!!! I mean the car :lol: haha

Dude I always forget how clean new engines are, add with that engine bay your hands must have been clean at the end of the day :D Liza's car just keeps getting better and better.

Lisa are you planning on driving it to Canby? I remember hearing talk of this but I've forgotten....

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look'n good!!! I mean the car :lol: haha

Dude I always forget how clean new engines are, add with that engine bay your hands must have been clean at the end of the day :D Liza's car just keeps getting better and better.

Lisa are you planning on driving it to Canby? I remember hearing talk of this but I've forgotten....

we plan on taking 2 cars to Canby if my wagon is ready to roll by then if not it will be just her 2 door. i still have a list to finish on her car before I move back to the wagon but as long as we are moving forward thing are getting done it WILL happen :D

Clayton

I like the SW gauges esp the volt meter!!!!!!!

I used a disc sander at work and shortened my airhorns on my yellow car to let it get more air.

I have the same gauges in my wagon, I love the vintage look of them :D as far as the airhorns Troy and Rebello dont think that its an issue with the clearance with the brake master with the airflow...its going on the dyno soon so we shall see I have a set of shortys too that I wil try also.

UPDATES

So Troy did some tuning on Lisa's car today and fixed a few small issues and after I got off work I went down and drove it around the block HOLY S**T it feels FAST!!! :D gunna take a little getting use to for Lisa and I after driving it around for the last few months with the stock L16 I will try to post a video soon

Clayton

Looks like you guys are almost there with it Clay...can't wait to check it out!

Well we drove it home from Troys last night and it ran fine no overheating problems or any problems for that matter exept we need to do some more tuning but that will come when I get it on the dyno. I also installed the 4.38 LSD last night too :D I really dont know how people build a hotrod engine and leave an open diff, It made such a difference with feel and traction. Lisa was a bit surprised ahe hadnt been in the car yet and I took her for a drive around the block...lets just say she was giddy and smiles from ear to ear. I think I may have scared her a little coming back towards Troy I was at about 6k in 3rd coming into a left hander grabbed a nice heel toe down shift into 2nd and knocked that thing sideways around the left hander :lol: she was all quiet didnt say anything for a few minutes :lol: once she learns to really drive this thing she will LOVE it.

BIG THANK YOU TO TROY for the use of his shop and rack to do the swap and for building me a kick ass 2.2

next step will be the brakes and front suspension...

Clayton

Yeah!!! Thats great buddy!! It's always nice to take the car for that first spin, all the hard work pays off. We want some vids of Liza on the track in that sick ass dime!!

Is the corner you took her on the one in the vid on youtube? I'll see if I can find it and post it.

• 2 weeks later...

well I finally collected the parts for the front brakes and got them done yesterday in hopes to do some auto x this weekend but that got cancelled but at least its done and I dont have to rush. I plan on doing the install of the camber/castor plates, coilover and brakes this weekend and if I have the time I am going to slot the rear crossmember too.

here is a crappy cell phone picture of the front brakes...

brakekit.jpg

I cruised over to Troy's shop and what do I find?

Awwwww Clay and Lisa working on her dime's front suspension. :)

IMG_6288.jpg

I'll let Clayton provide the suspension details since I don't want to get it wrong.

Here's some pics of the front suspension coming along...it looks great and I'm sure will handle great.

Out with the old:

IMG_6313.jpg

In with the new:

IMG_6314.jpg

IMG_6315.jpg

IMG_6316.jpg

IMG_6318.jpg

IMG_6319.jpg

IMG_6323.jpg

IMG_6325.jpg

IMG_6326.jpg

Here's Clay's sweet 69FJWagon in storage (for now)

IMG_6329.jpg

And Clay's "no muff too tuff" truck...lol...love it!

IMG_6347.jpg

IMG_6344.jpg

Edited by 71DIMER

Yeah Troy's shop is full of 510's...it is a dream shop and he's living it getting to work on all of that and race 'em to boot...sweet gig if you can find it.

Here's some pics in and out of his shop:

IMG_6335.jpg

IMG_6338.jpg

IMG_6339.jpg

IMG_6340.jpg

IMG_6341.jpg

IMG_6343.jpg

IMG_6348.jpg

IMG_6308.jpg

IMG_6310.jpg

It was a busy weekend and I was able to get most things done on my to do list, I installed the camber/castor plates, coilovers, brakes and SS brake lines I was also able to swap the rear springs out for a more AUTO X friendly set up to match the front as well as installing a new adjustable rear sway bar and slotting the rear crossmember (Thanks Troy) I will try to post pictures later tonight. all that is left to do is we are going to set the camber / castor and toe in the front and rear and do the corner weights and it will be ready for the next event

Clayton