Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Anyone want to bet that Trump has a solar eclipse rally and says that it's a sign from god? and only he can bring back the sun.

Nah, I bet Trudeau bans it because it will block his solar panels

• Haha 2
22 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Three examples is hardly statistically relevant, but I know what you mean. "competence, intelligence, and a set of balls." are not usually in the same sentence in fact they are closer to mutually exclusive. Competence and intelligence for the strategy and button pushing and competence and a set of balls, for the boots on the ground operations.

I would argue you can't survive in the military without possesing all 3 traits. During combat and even just regular life in a warzone. The level of each trait varies from soldier to soldier obviously. Even the "button pushers" as you call them, need to have a solid pair. It takes balls to know there is a real human on the other side of the screen that you're about to annihilate with the push of a button and then to still proceed to push it. Hell just the act of joining the military requires a pair.

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 2

All 'types' can feel the need to serve their country, even conscientious objectors who didn't believe bearing arms but still wanted to do their part. Surely there is a bare minimum needed to enlist and during training a few layers can be added to their balls but there are going to be some that may not 'cut it' but are still useful behind the scenes. As I said to each their own, according to their ability. I don't care if a fireman is a woman or looks a little light in the shoes, if he's here to help me in my hour of need I'm grateful.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

All 'types' can feel the need to serve their country, even conscientious objectors who didn't believe bearing arms but still wanted to do their part. Surely there is a bare minimum needed to enlist and during training a few layers can be added to their balls but there are going to be some that may not 'cut it' but are still useful behind the scenes. As I said to each their own, according to their ability. I don't care if a fireman is a woman or looks a little light in the shoes, if he's here to help me in my hour of need I'm grateful.

I never said i cared if they're male or female, gay or straight. If they actually join the military, they have my respect and gratitude. My point was, the majority of these kids are not going to join the military. Because of how they're being programmed. That is a big problem considering all the trouble the US is currently stirring up. We're running out of potential future recruits. This is why they're trying to entice the new generation with those fruity ads IMO. Which are not going to work. And this is why i believe they aren't going to have any other option than to reinstate the draft.

Edited by IZRL
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Told you not to mention that asshole.

We need a "Destruction of Canada" thread. So that we can jump in there and stir up the pot a bit as well. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
44 minutes ago, IZRL said:

We need a "Destruction of Canada" thread. So that we can jump in there and stir up the pot a bit as well. 😆

It would be too boring. We don't assassinate our Prime ministers, they really just aren't worth the bother.

• Haha 1

Dang, in the middle of watching this documentary. If you haven't watched it already. So far I highly recommend it! 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, IZRL said:

There is one! its so boring even the resident Canadian forgot aboot it..

• Haha 3

Every older generation bitches about the next ones coming up as pussies. Remember the useless hippies? Anyways in spite of all the whining life is Generally fair in the fact that you get out of life what you put into it. Want to waste your youth away studying? You will be rewarded with a lucrative medical degree. Strange way to put it but true. Want to spend your free time getting high? Well if you can't pass a drug test don't bitch because you are poor. There are plenty of well paying careers out there you just have to put in the work to get there. It seems today's youth don't want to put in a lot effort or put up with much hardship. I am a Merchant marine officer on an ocean going tug. Good job, pays well but it is becoming mostly old guys because the young ones don't want to deal with hardship. The young guys come out for the money but after a couple of storms at sea they haul ass. It does suck but the benefits of working 28 days on 28 days off are worth it to me to put up with some serious suck now and then. Not sure what happens to these folks but I guess I should be glad nobody younger wants my job. It keeps the demand and pay up. I just hope it lasts another 10 years because automation is on it way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This, exactly. Old bitches about new. But one way or another the job gets done or the job evolves.

8 hours ago, Ooph! said:

There is one! its so boring even the resident Canadian forgot aboot it..

I knew it!!! Did a search for it but it didn't come up. Didn't spend much time looking because I knew it was boring. Dav started it to maybe get a rise from me but underestimated how easily bored I get. Compared to Canadian politics, watching paint dry gets me wet.

7 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

Every older generation bitches about the next ones coming up as pussies. Remember the useless hippies? Anyways in spite of all the whining life is Generally fair in the fact that you get out of life what you put into it. Want to waste your youth away studying? You will be rewarded with a lucrative medical degree. Strange way to put it but true. Want to spend your free time getting high? Well if you can't pass a drug test don't bitch because you are poor. There are plenty of well paying careers out there you just have to put in the work to get there. It seems today's youth don't want to put in a lot effort or put up with much hardship. I am a Merchant marine officer on an ocean going tug. Good job, pays well but it is becoming mostly old guys because the young ones don't want to deal with hardship. The young guys come out for the money but after a couple of storms at sea they haul ass. It does suck but the benefits of working 28 days on 28 days off are worth it to me to put up with some serious suck now and then. Not sure what happens to these folks but I guess I should be glad nobody younger wants my job. It keeps the demand and pay up. I just hope it lasts another 10 years because automation is on it way.

I agree with this but I don't remember anybody telling me I was a pussy in my youth when it came to working. You're right, today's youth don't want to put in any physical effort while at work. Or even what I would call a mental effort. I worked at a Del Taco for 2 1/2 years while in High School. When I quit for a better job the manager was bummed. Look at the morons working fast food, Walmart's etc. They seem brain dead and not into their work at all. I get it those aren't careers but with the attitude these kids have they're going nowhere fast. It's interesting your story about being a Merchant Marine. I have three friends that worked for Scripps Research. An engineer, an electrician and a cook. They loved their jobs and made a good life out of it with great retirement benefits. They all retired a little early because they were being forced/asked to stay at sea more than normal. Scripps couldn't find younger qualified replacements for them. One of them was doing 9 months a year all over the planet. He quit at 57 just to get away from the pressure. Like you, I have a job no younger people are interested in even with decent pay. They think it's too difficult yet us old guys are doing it. Three of us are a total of 188 years old and still going. Two sixty year olds and a 68 year old run circles around the younger kids that are our helpers. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, john510 said:

I agree with this but I don't remember anybody telling me I was a pussy in my youth when it came to working. You're right, today's youth don't want to put in any physical effort while at work. Or even what I would call a mental effort. I worked at a Del Taco for 2 1/2 years while in High School. When I quit for a better job the manager was bummed. Look at the morons working fast food, Walmart's etc. They seem brain dead and not into their work at all.

Exactly, same here. Even in my first few jobs in my teens and early 20s. I got promoted to supervisory positions that I hadn't applied to or even asked for. 

12 hours ago, datzenmike said:

This, exactly. Old bitches about new. But one way or another the job gets done or the job evolves.

Yeah you are right, the job will get done. Until the older generations are unable to keep working. You only have to do 5 minutes of research to find that gen z not only has no work ethic or have a desire to get a real job. They are so useless that almost half of employers out there would rather not deal with the headache, that they are avoiding hiring gen z all together. And you are also correct that jobs are evolving for those labor jobs to be filled. Employers are paying for visas, food, board, and transportation on top of their salary for migrants to come and do those jobs. Here in my city we built an entire apartment complex funded by the city for migrants to live in, rent free, while they work. It's crazy, those apartments are empty for like 8 months out of the year. 

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 3
20 hours ago, IZRL said:

Dang, in the middle of watching this documentary. If you haven't watched it already. So far I highly recommend it! 

Just watching bits and pieces of it is both enlightening and scary. 

• Like 2

8 min in and I'm done. Spoiler alert...it's all blamed on communism. I'm sure to some watching this a light will go on because it strikes a cord with them, and this is what documentaries are, they exploit doubt. If you are smart you won't trust anything fed to you. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

8 min in and I'm done. Spoiler alert...it's all blamed on communism. I'm sure to some watching this a light will go on because it strikes a cord with them, and this is what documentaries are, they exploit doubt. If you are smart you won't trust anything fed to you. 

Actually, if you're smart. You'll hear out what everyone has to say, do your own research on what you heard, analyze the info, and make an educated decision on how you're going to proceed. Watching 8 minutes of a documentary and deciding to shut it off because it doesn't align with what you believe is the complete opposite of smart. If you watch the entire documentary and you tell me it's all a complete lie. It shows me how completely disconnected you are from reality. You're country is more a reality of what this documentary is saying than the U.S. is.

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 3

And by the way if you would have watched any further than the intro. You would see that the documentary is not blaming things on communism. It's comparing our current world/governments to communist ideology and governments of the past.

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 3