• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Str8jacket said:

love these clips

THIS is how they brainwash people.........repeating the same f**king thing over & over, again & again!!  Wake up you stupid main stream media fools!! 😡

• Like 4

Yes this divide is widening and people are definitely becoming angrier. I try to stay open but recent events have me seeing things a bit different. I am in the direct hit zone from hurricane ian. Gone from the headlines but for those who live here there is nothing else. People live in tents on their own property and our "Town" is gone. Everybody has storm damage but to varying degrees. The rebuilding is going on strong but the labor besides homeowners which is probably 90% white is 99% brown.  Probably 75% of people have roof damage and the brown population is what is doing all the labor to clean this shit up. Of the hundreds of roofs I have seen there hasn't been one white or black person doing repairs. All brown from roof, construction, yard debris, tree cutting ect. I have to give these guys credit as hard workers. The nailguns start at daybreak and don't end until after dark. They don't stare at their phones and except for an hour at lunch these guys are are moving. I am definitely a strong border advocate because we need to know who is in our country but we are definitely addicted to immigrant labor for getting the hard work done. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Why feel bad about it? The US white and blacks are making money doing the bullshit jobs? Yes but that money is funnelling into the browns is it not? Money that would not be there if not for the white and browns. Same with the textile industry, stop using Bangladeshi labour cause it isn't fair.... now they are in abject poverty cause it wasn't fair using their labour. Did they pay them more? Fuck no, they just shipped the work further afield where the focus wasn't. It isn't white vs brown vs blue, it's just people doing what they can to get ahead.

The only people who care about colour are the people making a business about people caring about colour. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

Yes this divide is widening and people are definitely becoming angrier. I try to stay open but recent events have me seeing things a bit different. I am in the direct hit zone from hurricane ian. Gone from the headlines but for those who live here there is nothing else. People live in tents on their own property and our "Town" is gone. Everybody has storm damage but to varying degrees. The rebuilding is going on strong but the labor besides homeowners which is probably 90% white is 99% brown.  Probably 75% of people have roof damage and the brown population is what is doing all the labor to clean this shit up. Of the hundreds of roofs I have seen there hasn't been one white or black person doing repairs. All brown from roof, construction, yard debris, tree cutting ect. I have to give these guys credit as hard workers. The nailguns start at daybreak and don't end until after dark. They don't stare at their phones and except for an hour at lunch these guys are are moving. I am definitely a strong border advocate because we need to know who is in our country but we are definitely addicted to immigrant labor for getting the hard work done. 

This is because they (immigrants most likely) will do the work for half the price of a white or black guy. There is another problem of everyone going down the drugged out homeless road. God damn I remember a old timer I worked with in the late 80s talking about the moral decay of society. He would flip out how shitty things are now, 

Edited by ratpatrol66
  • Like 1

In the PNW there is a home style that has far over hanging eves... for all the rain we get. A frames to shed snow.  Someone should build a purpose driven home in hurricane prone areas that increases it's survive-ability to high winds and flooding. Perhaps living spaces at least one floor higher, real functional shutters for the windows, roofs that are designed to not be plane wings and lift off. Earthen berms to deflect the wind?    

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

In the PNW there is a home style that has far over hanging eves... for all the rain we get. A frames to shed snow.  Someone should build a purpose driven home in hurricane prone areas that increases it's survive-ability to high winds and flooding. Perhaps living spaces at least one floor higher, real functional shutters for the windows, roofs that are designed to not be plane wings and lift off. Earthen berms to deflect the wind?    

Best bet to move "mobile" home out of way..haiyaa..

images.jpeg

Saw this. Ever since writing was invented it has also been weaponized for political purposes. Murrow's day was no different though he may have been better than most. Back then people used to read the papers and good journalist's editorials sold papers and they rose to the top. The beginning of the end was the early '50s and the rise of TV. Today, nobody reads anymore. Papers can't compete with TV and are almost gone along with revenues to buy the best quality journalists so they print garbage in comparison. There may be a few but buried to their necks in shit and unread. No one gives a shit about the news, I mean Murrow quality news. There are none anymore and just as well as there are no readers only passive viewers. The last direct descendants of Murrow's journalists, worked in the '90s and were extinct withing the decade.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
14 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

One generation ago it would have been mostly white folks re-roofing those houses, and those same skilled laborers could afford to own one of those homes. This "divide" is being marketed by our media as right v left, black v white,  us v them. In reality it's always been a have v have not struggle for resources. That's the nature of survival and capitalism alike.

The productivity of cheep labor here and around the globe has created unprecedented wealth in this country, but rather than using that wealth to improve society, we've somehow become mentally soft because of it. Today's boob box "media consumers" would attack the integrity of an Edward R. Murrow, because he'd surely be holding a mirror up to how dangerously comfortable and complacent we've become. At the same time, anxiety and depression are rampant in our society. In my experience as a psychologist, what drives this illness is the lack of struggle that gives purpose and meaning to our existence. Humans aren't designed to coast in comfort, so it's theorized that in the absence of struggle we create conflict to fill our primitive existential needs. Rather than learning to take care of himself, average Joe American has become dependent upon the media system for having these needs met, and sent chasing products in search of happiness. I grew up poor, I've worked my ass off and literally built half the shit I own. Building these things have always been among the best times of my life, and I'm proud to live with what I've created. If a disaster took that away, as soon as my legs were back under me I'd start the same process over again just like bottomwatcher. 

• Like 3