1 hour ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

I do that with whiskey but I'm trying to do better. If I'm asked if I liked a whiskey I'll just say yes or no BUT if you ask me what THOUGHT of a whiskey then I will tell you. 

If I could afford it, I'd drink nothing but Lagavulin 16. Unfortunately, my world isn't quite that pleasant. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 17.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, angliagt said:

OK.Now that I think of it,I've heard of that place,

but I could just be in DeNile.

Cuz it ante just a place in BFE. 

Price for regular gas here in the People's Republic Of The Bay Area is $4.90. It's all good though. Elon tweeted that Biden's new campaign stimulus program is to buy a Tesla for everyone who pledges to vote for him in 2024, so Cali is a lock. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, angliagt said:

OK.Now that I think of it,I've heard of that place,

but I could just be in DeNile.

6 minutes ago, paradime said:

Cuz it ante just a place in BFE. 

Price for regular gas here in the People's Republic Of The Bay Area is $4.90. It's all good though. Elon tweeted that Biden's new campaign stimulus program is to buy a Tesla for everyone who pledges to vote for him in 2024, so Cali is a lock. 

When the vote is over and no one gets a Tesla, I'd say Egypt them.

• Haha 3
7 hours ago, paradime said:

Elon tweeted that Biden's new campaign stimulus program is to buy a Tesla for everyone who pledges to vote for him in 2024, so Cali is a lock. 

Yes, vote buying.  Essentially what the DCP did for the last election with the student loan forgiveness gambit.  They have been doing it with unions for nearly 100 years.  Nothing to see here.  Go watch the View and feel sanctimonious and smart, and pretend the Hunter Biden laptop is fake news.

• Like 2

Historically Dems had a socially conservative mindset, but became pro labor post Civil War 13th amendment, and they started unions  140 years ago in response to losing their labor force to the industrial revolution, and became liberal. Reps had a socially liberal mindset but became pro business aligning with industry and free markets, and became conservative. Back then, both parties had "progressive liberal, and traditional conservative factions within them  and that's how they eventually changed their party spots, but held their core social values and power base. Neither have been honorable or innocent because both play their little 3 card monty games to win elections. Ugly yes, but that's the nature of our democracy.

I belong to a union.What I really hate is when they send

you information on who to vote for - ALL Democrats.I figure

that voting is my own business,& DID NOT want to vote for

Biden.

Plus,I don't think that they should be donating to politicians.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I worked at GM and that's what the union did there too. There was pressure to vote NDP. I told anyone who asked that I didn't vote and I certainly as fuck wouldn't vote for the NDP. Lot of noses out of joint. They also came around to have payrol deductions for charity every week. I told them I had enough dependents and to fuck off. Even the foreman came round for a talk. They were CHOKED!!! Some other workers were wondering why they had, and how come he said no? I didn't know you could say no.

• Like 2

On the plus side,in the '70's the money was really good,& the

benefits were excellent,plus we used to get most holidays off (or get-

triple time if you worked them).

I took early retirement when I lived in CA,& was still able to work

two days a week & make the same pay as working full time

When I moved to VA,I had to go back to full time (long story),but

still collect my pension.With the problems with my hand,I found out tha t

I actually have good insurance.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I worked at GM and that's what the union did there too. There was pressure to vote NDP. I told anyone who asked that I didn't vote and I certainly as fuck wouldn't vote for the NDP. Lot of noses out of joint. They also came around to have payrol deductions for charity every week. I told them I had enough dependents and to fuck off. Even the foreman came round for a talk. They were CHOKED!!! Some other workers were wondering why they had, and how come he said no? I didn't know you could say no.

I had forgotten about the mandatory voluntary payroll deductions for charity. I forget which shady org ran that but they pushed for 100% at our workplace and I outright said NO under pressure from our manager. I had zero fucks left for that place by that time so was mostly just enjoying fucking with him at that point. As he would look bad not getting the 100% he asked what it would take for me to agree and I said he would need to cover the amount being removed himself as it was his idea. I made him pay me out of his pocket up front for the next year for me to signup. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Charity is fine but the pressure to be one of the team was enormous. Some select employees would be taken off the line and go see basically a propaganda film to drum up support. It was something unquestioned you just sign on the line. I said no way. It was like everyone around you turns and looks...

How Invasion of the Body Snatchers Adaptations Highlight American Fears

• Like 3
On 11/30/2022 at 8:43 PM, paradime said:

If I could afford it, I'd drink nothing but Lagavulin 16. Unfortunately, my world isn't quite that pleasant. 

Had to Google that one. $100 for a 5th seems to be average. I'll prolly start that one with a shot in a bar. My libations tonight are a combination of local and low $$$.  My 1st time with Woodruff - pretty decent sipping whiskey for cheap. Also, the Happy Halloween thing is a Christmas advent calendar somehow per my spousal unit.

20221203_161533.jpg

• Like 1

That made me really mad too.Instead of an AMERICAN,we get a 

gay,American HATER who took an illegal substances into a country with

zero tolerance for them.

If you're going to a country like that,you should know the rules/laws

& be careful not to disobey them.

• Like 5

Following the tradition of the thin smoking man from Nairobi's policy "We don't negotiate with terrorists  - we just give in to their demands right from the get-go", Biden managed to trade some gobshite ginch-gobbler for possibly the most notorious arms dealer on the planet, at least according to 60 minutes.

I guess we should be glad that he didn't give them half of Gitmo, although it's probably pretty empty by now.

I have to agree with a lot of twitter pundits: I don't want to hear one goddamn democrat spouting about gun control after this.

• Like 6