POTD - May 17, 2009 - WA

Bleach

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how far north into WA is this usually? looks like fun but idk about driving for 3 or 4 hours lol

Last year it was in DesMoines. About 2.25 hours from Portland.

We can discuss location in this forum. I think another BBQ would be good so probably no open parking lots. :D a park bench or two would be nice.

Tyler, Texas would be good. We could meet at the east texas oil museum. Then have road run to Sonic for banana splits.

But somewhere between Portland and Seattle would be better. What about Centralia? It is halfway.

lol, the east texas oil museum is only like 20 minutes away...... should we set up a poll to see who all wants it here or just assume we all do :lol:

hey i like the sound of that place i got this off their home page:

Description - Millersvania State Park covers 841.7 acres with 3,300 feet of freshwater shoreline on Deep Lake. The park has an abundance of facilities which include 216 picnic sites, four kitchens, three swim beaches, parking for 485 vehicles, two comfort station/bathhouses, two pit toilets, 135 tent sites, 52 trailer sites, a boat launch, a trailer dump, four primitive sites, two group camping areas each with a capacity of 40 and 20, an Environmental Learning Center with a capacity for 158, a kitchen/dining hall, three staff cabins, 16 squad huts, a covered barn, one utility building, two teaching shelters, parking for 25 vehicles, 6.6 miles of hiking trails, two foot bridges, two vehicle bridges, 5.4 miles of road, three storage buildings, a registration building, four pay phones, two wells, and a 20,000-gallon reservoir. The Recreation Commission has a utility concession agreement with Mr. William Haase to provide Mr. Haase water and electricity use. The agreement extends indefinitely. The Commission also has an agreement with the Washington State Department of Game for use of land for fish screen, ingress, egress, and utilities. This agreement extends indefinitely as well.

Guest DatsuNoob

Point Defiance park would be cool too. For those of you who haven't been there (Tacoma, WA), 5 mile drive would be a fun little loop for all of us. There's tons of places to stop and hang out, picnic areas, plenty of parking, and it's a very scenic place for a cruise. Japanese Pagoda (I've always wanted to get a picture of my truck there with that in the background), rose gardens, Fort Nisqually, etc. Just an idea.