POTD - May 17, 2009 - WA

Bleach

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I've been looking into other parks to have the Datsun BBQ at and this one seems like a top pick right now.

Lake Tapps North Park

When you enter the park, the main parking area and boat launch are to the right (west). If you go right, to the east, there is a short road to a more remote parking area. It looks less used and has a great waterfront view with grass areas. I think this may be a good choice. I plan to go drive by this area soon and check it out. :)

Has anyone been to this park? :mellow:

laketappsnorthpark1.jpg

:blink:

laketappsnorthpark2.jpg

A pre-meet at the Supermall looks like a good spot for anyone from the north or south to meet up at in the morning.

I'll go get some first-person pics of the place and make sure there are no special regulations for this County Park.

• 2 weeks later...

Lake tapps gets packed full of idiots if it is nice out! The slab is nice but I like it better if we are somewhat seperated from the unwashed masses. I drove aroud 5-mile drive today and the only place in there that is big enough is owens beach. Not sure if you can reserve the parkinglot, or the covered things with the BBQs, but I have been known to do a non-hostile takeover of a parkinglot. There is a HUGE parkinglot at the top of the hill from it and there is a big grassy area, but no BBQs or covered areas. It is hardly ever used.

• 3 weeks later...

where ever it is, speed bumps for me will pose a problem, unless i take the pathlooser. i scraped going over a 2 inch high speed bump yesterday. at an angle to boot. got stuck on another. yes my KC is too low. i like it htough.

I did not look at any other venues myself.

This year we'll try the same park again. Saltwater State Park in DesMoines. We don't need a covered BBQ area though. We will make do out on the open grass.

We can also go on a short 10 mile drive to Dash Point State Park. A good portion of the drive is through some twisty back roads.

potdmap3.jpg

The event is less than 2 weeks away. The location at Saltwater Park has been decided for 2009.

I won't go change the location this close to the BBQ :)

I'll consider other places and go check them out myself for next year.

Guest DatsuNoob

Busy day for me, I'll try to make it though. The Bradley Lake kid's fishing derby is that morning. You guys with kids should come out there before the meet.

how about Ilwaco??

then you could all auto-cross the same day!!

of course its a a few miles south of Tacoma (lol)

that would be sweet i would be down for that plus Longbeach is just up the road lots of good food and drink. Also we could do a cruise up the 101 to Ocean park(doc's tavern) then Hit sandridge back down.

and if Steve and his family are around their will be some good times :lol: