• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, demo243 said:

Do it!

It torments me every time I pick up our dog from daycare, yes he goes to daycare... it's at the autobody shop next door....

Been out there for years, if the gears still worked I'd be amazed....

My truck has other lingering needs before something like that.... 

But I think a datsun tow truck would be pretty unique... which is right up my alley....

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, mainer311 said:

Hey man, I know your record keeping is pretty good. Do you happen to have the bearing and seal information for the rear axle? All of my rear disc conversion is arriving today, and I want to get parts to just rebuild the axle shafts while I'm at it. 

Yes but all the information is home....

I can get it later....

• Like 1

So I still need to verify at home but the bearing i used was timken..

I know it was 30208 but they also list it with an M after... not sure the difference or if i used the M one or not....

The inner seal should be the national 223542 , or whatever brand you like they had the same number.... easy replacement if ever needed again....

99% sure that's the one I used.

I opted for a better 2 lip seal for the hub because I didn't want to deal with removing the bearings again to replace the seal if it failed prematurely... that is list with a link on the parts thread page....

As for rockauto or other seals these will all work...

Skf 550225 I think greaser verified

Skf 18562 I found was the right size.

National 1973 not list under datsun but available and suggested by Daniel and the size seems correct..

1 hour ago, mainer311 said:

Sounds good. I ordered the 550225, 223542 and some SKF 30208's. Figured I would just replace everything if I was tearing it apart anyway.

I'm debating on trying to tackle this before Japanese Car Day, or leaving it for a winter project.

That's good.... these were what I used.... you should be all set....20220915_162231.thumb.jpg.18548512c5c162f7daa66b7b18815deb.jpg

Personally I'd wait till after just incase  but that's me.... 

I forgotten about Japanese car day, I'll have to see what's going on....

• 4 weeks later...

Well luckily nothing much going on with the truck.... still driving it every day I can..

I did have a front parking light out so I got 2 bulbs and replaced both... also the front side markers color looked off, since they are clear lens I decided to replace both sides with new orange bulbs.

Nice simple fixes..

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I like the orange bulbs.

Have you tried LED bulbs yet? I'm considering LED bulbs for my Cherokee, but haven't messed around with them yet. I did install two LED dome light assemblies and holy shit they are bright.

I have some leds, right know just in the rear taillights and in the interior. They didnt have the size led bulb i needed at the store so I got the regular ones ... and I still have a box of ten, well now 8 orange bulbs....

I already have adjustable flashers so at some point I'll upgrade the rest..

• Like 1

I suppose I should be happy it was just a little issue, but still sucks....

Yesterday I closed the door on the truck and the rearview fell off the windshield... unfortunately I never had a factory one so I used a universal with the little glue on puck .. this is the second time in 5 years its fallen off but I still think i need to find a correct replacement....

1 minute ago, thisismatt said:

I use one of these on the stock mount

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154488505514

s-l400 (3).jpg

s-l400 (2).jpg

It's funny I actually just found your post about that mod.... 

I dont even have the stock mount....

I did hear rumors of a rotted out 521 at a local pick and pull.... I have been meaning to take a ride there and see if anything is salvageable.... maybe I'll get lucky and atleast the mount is there ....

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

It's funny I actually just found your post about that mod.... 

I dont even have the stock mount....

I did hear rumors of a rotted out 521 at a local pick and pull.... I have been meaning to take a ride there and see if anything is salvageable.... maybe I'll get lucky and atleast the mount is there ....

@tdaajmight have one

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

Well I'm a dumb ass....

Replaced my front parking lights and yesterday they were both out...

Ok...

So i verified power... everything still worked but both bulbs were dead....

Then I had a look again at the package....

20221012_181710.thumb.jpg.f7fda8a3d146635bec95206711f557bb.jpg

But wait, it said they were long life bulbs, right?

• Like 1