• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Awesome stickers.

I don't know what it is about those glue on mirror mounting bosses, but I've never had good luck doing it myself. I wonder what the trick is.

Just realized your in the reflection.... 

Bluehands is actually barely visible too up on the left....

As far as the window puck I used the correct stuff before and it still failed... this time I used a little gorilla glue, taped it in place and waited 36 hours before putting the mirror back on.... see how long it lasts this time...

• Like 1

Had to put this up for my kid...

He has loved Halloween ever since he realized he gets free candy....

He did the store bought stuff at first then one year wanted to be a hamster.... so we made him a hamster costume that year... 

Last year he could find anything so he asked if we could make his costume... so of course I said yes....

That year were some character from his video games...

What we were going for....

Screenshot_20211010-150640_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.945e3dec3da4efd8f293330146cd2f4b.jpg

What we made.... paper mache heads and he made the skeleton outfit....

47233.thumb.jpeg.1d75881bb0be1cc2249d12630632755c.jpeg

Edited by Crashtd420
  • Like 2

This year he out did himself.... 

We have been watching the marvel avenger movies and the newer spiderman with the iron spiderman man.... 

That was my sons idea for this year... thankfully I didn't have to make it move.... he did 80% of the work.... I did anything that involved the 4" angle grinder..... 

Anyhow we were going for this....

Screenshot_20221002-150515_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.a609811c82b7d43c310265c35a621e28.jpg

And when we got done he looked like this....

Screenshot_20221024-114432_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e9bd7d5a394ef500d1db3ea47ae153ea.jpg

I added lights for night time safety...

This is just the lights before paint....

20221004_161210.thumb.jpg.e9359fc53a7ac2bddf6a80311fcd93b4.jpg

• Like 3

Saturday we had a downtown Halloween event, parade and candy from the local shops... the day was perfect and a ton of people showed up... my kid was beside himself with the amount of comments and people liking his costume... 

One little boy even ask to take a picture with him.... 

I was very proud and so was he with all the compliments... 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

That's awesome.

A few years ago, my son dressed as a hotdog. Wouldn't you know it, two other kids were dressed as ketchup and mustard. I thought I had a pic, but I can't find it...

The best part was seeing some other marvel characters....

My son thanked iron man for the suit... 

The green goblin was shaking his fist at him in anger.... we even saw thanos... 

Cant wait to find out his next idea....

• Like 1

Got a small scare today. I stopped to let someone cross on the crosswalk and I dont know if this car was trying to avoid hitting me or pass me thinking I was turning but all of a sudden there was a car at my passenger door.... 

I had that happen before in my Chevy too.... early morning letting someone cross I got passed on the right... thankfully for him he was walking slow and was still safe in front of my truck.... could have been bad because the guy who passed me was going pretty fast too....

I dont know why everyone is in such a rush these days.... 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I also rigged up a science experiment today and actually got a surprising result...

20221112_202029.thumb.jpg.1b6d22e078048ad37df1ce58765f70db.jpg

I have questioned the voltage on my truck for a while now, it seemed as the rpms would rise my voltage would drop... I also thought I was getting a voltage drop due to the relocated battery but apparently It wasnt...

I'll admit my dash gauge is a Chinese turd of a gauge, but i  thought the one that comes up on my phone from my digital distributor would be more accurate... apparently it is not...

So I had another small voltage gauge that I put small alligator clips on the ends of the wires.. this allowed me to clip onto the relays and test the supply power to the distributor, coil and other outputs while driving .... 

Well that gauge stayed at 14 volts the whole time.. lights on, 2 electric fans going, fuel pump and radio... 

So I really dont think I have any issue other than cheap gauges....

I am going to test the power wire of the distributor closer to the distributor,  I'm sure I have a connector somewhere between the relay and the distributor so I'll check both side of that and see if it's the same voltage.... 

On 10/18/2022 at 8:00 AM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I don't know what it is about those glue on mirror mounting bosses, but I've never had good luck doing it myself. I wonder what the trick is.

Put the metal piece on the glass and mark the outline with marker. Carefully sand paper the marked area and the metal piece* so they are scuffed. Degrease both surfaces. Glue it on according to instructions.

* specially if it has been on and fell off.

• Like 1

Well daily driving the datsun is almost over for the year....

Really cold mornings and a little bit of snow already...

I'll still try when I can till the first real storm when they salt the roads... then she will stay inside to spring...

No big plans for upgrades this winter... atleast nothing expensive...

Budget is tight this year... luckily nothing really needs attention....

• Like 1

So I have been cleaning up my basement and garage ... sorting through boxes of junk parts, bolts, and who knows what else....

Plan is to clean out the scrap metal for money and space then clean and organize and throw out what I dont need....

So far I have found some datsun parts I didn't even know I had... 

Some of which I have no need for, in the end once i know what i have I'll post it up for free or for sale depending on what it is....

• Like 1

The interesting thing I found were my old dogs speed goggles... 

Officially called doggless....

They were for my buddy max in the profile photo... 

Back when I was in California and before the datsun I only had a motorcycle (and a dog).. he would actually ride on the tank so I could take him down to dog beach in San Diego on Sunday morning's....

I had a back pack I wore on my chest , clipped in the back and with the bottom cut out.... he was secure and safe and seemed to love it, even leaning into the corners....

I wish I had pictures or a video of it but sadly I do not....

20221120_162037.jpg

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

More apparel to go with your Mad Max rig.

I'll probably put it with his collar, in the truck, there is an old anchor point between the seats it hangs on...  

He was my security system... harness and lead had just enough for him to hang his paws out the windows.... fitting his name was Max and was mad at times.... 

I miss that dog....

• Like 1