Where are the ratsuns?

I came to ratsun thinking that it would be a lot of people with custom cool artistic rat rod datsuns....

But instead,

What I am finding is that, there are a lot of pretentious people on here that mock others for the shape of their cars...

If this was perfect datsuns.com I would understand... but seriously guys, look at the car in the title bar on the home page it's supposed to be rat rods.. am i right?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that you have a 1978 280z listed with the "Black Pearl" suggests this might not be the site for you.  Perhaps you're too upscale?  If you're looking for ratty Datsuns, then by all means, how's this?  The ratty painters tape has been replaced with diamond plate aluminum like the fender flares.

autocross4_zpslp6d956k.jpg

• Like 3

You will have to understand quite a few people on here can take a joke ,,, and making fun of someone elses car model is like a your momma joke.

Give us a link to show where someone gave you shit about your car...................

Now about  your photography skills,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, those really do suck.

• Like 6

What I am finding is that, there are a lot of pretentious people on here that mock others for the shape of their cars...

If this was perfect datsuns.com I would understand... but seriously guys, look at the car in the title bar on the home page it's supposed to be rat rods.. am i right?

Try the510realm.com or hybridz.org. They're much more accepting and forgiving of imperfection. 

• Like 3

I'm guessing it's because of comments made about the wagon his wife purchased. Sometimes humor doesn't internet well, but no one meant that car didn't deserve to be rescued. It's tired, we laugh at how tired it is. You get it running and driving, we will applaud you. You resurrect it, we will celebrate with you. Talk about your plans, show us more pics. Of course we will laugh if the floor pans are Flintstone style and rust has helped you save on "race weight". Don't take it amiss. Just laugh and share your goals. Show us where it's going. We do want to see it alive. And post more pics of the Z too.

• Like 2

Op you gotta learn to deal with it man or you wont survive in this place. Yea there may not be a lot of "custom cool rat rod datsuns" to your standard, but like someone said it's more of a mindset. There are ppl who have really clean builds who still rep ratsun, we are a community of crazy folks who like all things Datsun. Some folks are very opioniated about things done or plans to others ride and you either take it lightly or get caught up in your feelings and never come back again (like several others). So lighten up snoop around and become part of ratsun community, trust me you'll like it ;)

• Like 1