Oregon shooting?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish answers were easy to come by. Well actual mutually accepted answers I guess.

There are many parallels we can pull from these shooters.

-Some degree of mental illness or learning disability

-Association of potent pharmaceuticals. This one even used Lithium in his screen name for a forum.( Lirhium for those who don't know is used in treating bi-polar)

-Separated family dynamic

-Wrote about the action or gave hints before the perpetrated violence

Those four for starters are shared, but I could imagine there are more glaring similarities as well that I haven't mentioned.

I think the issue could be mitigated without extreme political power grabs. This is a long process and fast food style results really don't exist.

• Like 3

Lets look at some facts. Apples to Apples.

Not the issue......... this great country has been on a steady decline in gun violence for years. 

USA%252520Gun%252520Facta.JPG

the REAL problem ...... 

US%252520Suicide%252520Rate.JPG

*This graph is suicide by all methods*

WHY are so many people feeling SO DESTITUTE that they feel they have no other option but suicide? 

Let's have a look at Australia ....... 

Australia was already on a steady decline on gun violence prior to the scare tactics used on its people. Other than the sharp drop in 1996 after gun ratification, the land down under has remained quite steady in gun violence........ so was the gun control meant to stop/prohibit violence OR disarm citizens?    

AUSSIE%252520GUN%252520STATS.JPG

just because...... what was the big event in 1996 again?  

AUSSIE%252520suicide%252520rate.JPG

Now for America's hat.

Canada......  

Obviously a much smaller window to look thru but a window just the same. 

WOW ..... gun laws are CLEARLY working ..... 2.39 per 100k people in 2006, again I say WOW that's greater than half..... keep at it you'll be on par with the gun crazed Americans if we keep trending down & you keep "bouncing" up and down right where you're at.  

Canada%252520GUN%252520STATS.JPG

I did say apples to apples.

Canada%252520suicide%252520rate.JPG

Bottom line........ it's a people issue not a gun issue.

• Like 5

I personally think the "news" covers too many stories like this. It's out there happening all the time, large scale, small scale, suicide, it's all too public and a lot of the people who struggle with thoughts about that want to be someone. How do you become someone in that situation? Be the crazy guy that mass murders, or kills themselves in a really fucked up way. America loves bullshit news too much because it hides all the fucked up things our business- I mean government does on the daily.

In fact, they're so good at hiding things that they make us believe we live in a democracy haha.

I agree it's not guns, it's all the crazy people that want to make the news and be someone because like Lloyd Christmas says "I'm tired of being nobody", it's just too bad all those people can't get on a mini bike and take a drive across the country to find someone that will make them feel otherwise. If only they were one notch dumber...

• Like 2

Like I stated before, all school shootings have occurred under the utopian gun free zone umbrella, IT'S NOT A FUCKING COINCIDENCES, CRIMINALS AREN'T GOING TO TARGET ARMED ESTABLISHMENTS, and if they do, the damage they inflict would be a fraction of whats being done now.

It's common sense, not rocket science!

03ebca07e29bb07000e8946e5790b72e_zpshxe8

• Like 3

Obama & Holder helped Mexican drug dealers get guns that eventually shot and killed Brian Terry. They did this in order to tighten gun laws in the U.S. They paid no price for having a hand in that man's death but I need to give up more of my rights because some piece of shit on the other side of the country decided to kill people in a gun-free area where he knew would not be touched?

More gun laws will solve the problem, huh?

"And to your point, Mr. Baker, regarding the lack of prosecutions on lying on Form 4473s, we simply don’t have the time or manpower to prosecute everybody who lies on a form, that checks a wrong box, that answers a question inaccurately.”- Vice President Joe Biden

Submitting false information on an ATF Form 4473 — required for the necessary background check to obtain a firearm — is a felony punishable by up to ten years in prison, depending on prior convictions and a judge’s discretion, according to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/18/biden-to-nra-we-dont-have-the-time-to-prosecute-people-who-lie-on-background-checks/#ixzz3nS6qkyw7

Biden is saying, basically, that we need more gun laws even though we aren't going to enforce the ones we have. The veep of the US knows he could bring people up on felony charges for lying on a federal gun form but admits he won't. WHY NOT!?! As a gun owner I say prosecute the living hell out of them!

Does anyone know who this guy is? His name was Brian Terry.

Screenshot2011-12-14at100743AM.png

A federal operation dubbed Fast and Furious allowed weapons from the U.S. to pass into the hands of suspected gun smugglers so the arms could be traced to the higher echelons of Mexican drug cartels.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, which ran the operation, has lost track of hundreds of firearms, many of which have been linked to crimes, including the fatal shooting of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry in December 2010.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/atf-fast-furious-sg-storygallery.html

essentially, the feds gave guns to Mexican drug runners in attempt to frame US gun shops on the American side of the border and I'm supposed to believe that they're all about keeping guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals? ummm, okay....

• Like 5

Obama & Holder helped Mexican drug dealers get guns that eventually shot and killed Brian Terry. They did this in order to tighten gun laws in the U.S. They paid no price for having a hand in that man's death but I need to give up more of my rights because some piece of shit on the other side of the country decided to kill people in a gun-free area where he knew would not be touched?

More gun laws will solve the problem, huh?

"And to your point, Mr. Baker, regarding the lack of prosecutions on lying on Form 4473s, we simply don’t have the time or manpower to prosecute everybody who lies on a form, that checks a wrong box, that answers a question inaccurately.”- Vice President Joe Biden

Submitting false information on an ATF Form 4473 — required for the necessary background check to obtain a firearm — is a felony punishable by up to ten years in prison, depending on prior convictions and a judge’s discretion, according to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/18/biden-to-nra-we-dont-have-the-time-to-prosecute-people-who-lie-on-background-checks/#ixzz3nS6qkyw7

Biden is saying, basically, that we need more gun laws even though we aren't going to enforce the ones we have. The veep of the US knows he could bring people up on felony charges for lying on a federal gun form but admits he won't. WHY NOT!?! As a gun owner I say prosecute the living hell out of them!

Does anyone know who this guy is? His name was Brian Terry.

Screenshot2011-12-14at100743AM.png

A federal operation dubbed Fast and Furious allowed weapons from the U.S. to pass into the hands of suspected gun smugglers so the arms could be traced to the higher echelons of Mexican drug cartels.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, which ran the operation, has lost track of hundreds of firearms, many of which have been linked to crimes, including the fatal shooting of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry in December 2010.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/atf-fast-furious-sg-storygallery.html

essentially, the feds gave guns to Mexican drug runners in attempt to frame US gun shops on the American side of the border and I'm supposed to believe that they're all about keeping guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals? ummm, okay....

shoosh.... not to loud. you might be making too much sense. 

• Like 4

In an effort to thwart partisan politics concerning this discussion of weapons let us remember...

...both left and right wings engage in this type of international activity.

Let us revisit the Iran- Contra affair of the eighties.

Some of you might not have been born yet;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Contra_affair

Every government is run by liars and nothing they say should be believed.

- I. F. Stone

• Like 2

We aren't talking about which side of the fence you're on, were talking about constitutional rights, the bill if rights in fact and the founding Fathers of this nation found it so pertinent that citizens be allowed to arm themselves that it was the second fucking thing they wrote down. Right after the freedom of speech.

• Like 6

In an effort to thwart partisan politics concerning this discussion of weapons let us remember...

- I. F. Stone

We are still being diplomatic and painting from both sides.

The Iran contra wasn't intended to smear citizens of the united states with the end game being gun control. One is a domestic power grab and the other was to overthrow an enemy state. Guns were sold but not the same issue.

• Like 2

- I. F. Stone

This makes sense and doesnt belong in a gun control debate.Im pretty sure we have quite a few right wing Republicans that want more gun control.

Hahahahah

Iran-Contra...

So they say, that it was a Nicaraguan who first introduced and sold drugs in South Central L.A. to fund the Contras with that money... ALL LEGALLY APPROVED AND ALLOWED BY THE U.S. GOVERNMENT! They not only trained the Contras in Honduras, but also in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico in one of Rafael Caro Quintero's ranchos- one of the biggest capos of that time who has been recently released from prison and is as free as a bird as I write this! Hahaha...

Gotta put your faith on something else!

;-D

• Like 1

Like I stated before, all school shootings have occurred under the utopian gun free zone umbrella, IT'S NOT A FUCKING COINCIDENCES, CRIMINALS AREN'T GOING TO TARGET ARMED ESTABLISHMENTS, and if they do, the damage they inflict would be a fraction of whats being done now.

It's common sense, not rocket science!

They aren't criminals in the sense that they are going to rob them. They are there to do the most fucked up damage.

"I don't think any country glorifies gun ownership like the US. " Who did this? Are you speaking of Liberal anti gun Hollywood?

Movies, TV, every US gun owner here on the forum. Get out and ask any non US citizen what they see Americans as and invariably they will say 'cowboys'. Hell we even have a thread just for guns here. Everyone rants "It's my right to bear arms" It is, that's fine with me and I have no problem with this nor care what you do there. Why should I? I'm saying that no country I know of is like this. Or if there is, is to this extent. As to the second amendment that was written into the constitution? while the US was struggling for freedom from Great Britain. It was for conditions that are now two hundred years out of date. I don't think that your 'founding fathers' intended that 'everyone' have this right.  Now it's very unlikely that it is going to be repealed any time soon and so you are stuck with it. The guns and the world's perception of it.

What's liberal anti gun Hollywood?  

"I also don't think any of the countries mentioned above has an easy access to them like the US either. The fact that you mention them being smuggled into Australia shows that. Are guns smuggled into the US?"

What you look for might surprise you mike.. Even your country has a an underbelly where you could acquire a weapon within a day or two. Criminals are not just an exclusive American thing bud. That fact that I mention smuggling.... Well even guns are still smuggled into the USA as well as smuggled out. Stop acting like you live in a bubble of cleanliness. The fact that I mentioned Australia is because of how EASY the Muslim was able to purchase his weapons and hold hostages at the chocolate cafe. Automatic weapon I would like to add. So if I last recall Australia has a no gun legislation and everyone is gun free......Accept the assholes wanting to hurt innocent people for what ever motive they desire.

Again a matter of degree. No country is free of all the above but my cleanliness bubble is sure as fuck larger than the bubble in the US. Your problem is vastly larger.

" Is there any need to smuggle them in?" Really?..........Do you commit crime? No you are among the enlightened Dêmos.

??? I'm saying smuggling guns into the US would be like sending coal to Newcastle. No doubt guns are smuggled in but surely there are plenty laying around there already.

"Don't get bent because others point out the glaringly obvious. Guns don't kill people... they just make it easier for people to kill people. Hey it's your country, get angry and change from it, or get angry and do nothing, as you wish."

I get angry over the lack of accountability held to the animal committing crime.. people like you are too soft to hold a single person accountable. You want to paint broadly and blame a "Culture." When it's an extreme animal that took his plan to fruition. Keep blaming the American group Mike.

Mentally unstable people can't be held accountable. You should get angry at the ability of these animals to even get a gun. How did this guy get so many weapons legally??? How am I soft on this? What did I say that is counter to anyone else's condemnation of the person who did this? Yes I do blame a culture that allows this to happen and then continue to happen and then complains about it. If you don't like it, do something about it.

Can't we just pray for the families? Our neighbors? Our societies? Starting with our enemies being that we're our first enemies, ourselves?

None of us are at fault, here. But all our comments may lead to them.

Reflection...

• Like 2

In an article it talks about a box of his writings he gave someone. In those writings it talked about a blog he had which he has posted about mass shootings in the past weeks. In the subject of the links for the shootings, he wrote about how all of those people became pretty much a celebrity for what they did.

It's not about gun laws, it's about the government giving humans a certain image to live up to. We're pushed to look up to celebrities, look a certain way, act a certain way, and hold in our feelings. Some people can handle it better than others but when someone breaks it makes the news happy because they have something to cover way too much for the next week until a celebrity couple breaks up for the 5th time. It's all a joke, anything death related should stay local. Sure talk about military deaths for people that actually care, but at least that's about our country as a whole.