Oregon shooting?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I stated before, all school shootings have occurred under the utopian gun free zone umbrella, IT'S NOT A FUCKING COINCIDENCES, CRIMINALS AREN'T GOING TO TARGET ARMED ESTABLISHMENTS, and if they do, the damage they inflict would be a fraction of whats being done now.

It's common sense, not rocket science!

• Like 1

Would seem in the Parramatta Police HQ case (an armed establishment) the shooter had no regard for his surviving the encounter.

I am not saying that KoHeartsGPA as a rebuttal to your comment,rather to highlight that the motives,agenda and expectation of a "lone gunman" can be VERY wide ranging,ill conceived/planned and it is that aspect that is the most dangerous to all citizens and communites.

From an anti-terrorism POV,western nations via their law enforcement and Intelligence/Security agencies realised that a wild card (like Man Monis in Sydney Lindt Cafe siege) is far more dangerous to all than an organised cell as the organised cell can be detected,infiltrated or intercepted before they strike. 

The random/nutter factor is really something I'd fear over Al-Quaeda or ISIS and the like (not saying they're not threats - most certainly they are).

How or if the USA will arrive at a choice on how to  combat/prevent this for schools in USA is of course still hanging in the air.

We (all humans,US citizen or not) desire to feel safe and yet how each of us may define how to do it can diverge widely.

Consensus may not even bring the kind of lasting safety we all crave with human propensity to harm their fellowman seemingly infinite.

• Like 1

I can get a gun faster the same way too here in AUS so that's not a US centric fact.

My point is that no matter what is done - more,less or no guns -  nutjobs like the Oregon fuckstick and the one in Parramatta and the one at the Lindt Cafe Sydney will always be a threat,nothing makes us 100% safe.

Your simple point is not in contention from me

Not sure why you are on the defensive to the topic when I'm not speaking contrary to a single thing you're saying.

• Like 1

VTR, my friend, the leftist in this country have been trying to eliminate our rights to bare arms for decades and every time something like this happens they politicize it to advance their agenda, they however conveniently leave out the fact that all these victims of mass shooting are gun free zones.

It's not a cultural problem, it's a mental diarrhea problem.

• Like 1

I do not say or believe it's a cultural problem,it's a societal problem in that the underlying causes of how people like these shooters come to the point of doing these atrocities is largely ignored by almost everyone.

Some ignore it cause they are the 'politicising' type and advance their agenda be it pro or anti-guns,some ignore it cause they want to be Ostriches and stick their head in the sand (or their ass) thinking the problem will somehow go away. 

Mental diarrhea true in relation to the various narratives on the issue

Re: the origin of these lone gunman and how they come to be - I would say mental cancer.

Cancer as most of us know is that  insidious tumour that sucks the goodness,vitality and life out of it's host and that is what happens to ANY person connected or affected by these acts of violence.

Cancer needs a cure,but prevention is better. 

That is what I see lacking for all humankind.

I am not politically correct much at all so no I am not wanting anyone to be PC.

I am talking about humans directing their considerably powerful and wide ranging scope for acheivement to finding why we have these things come out of us,what can be done to improve ourselves to the point where we do not have this needless waste of life,this aberrant behaviour.

Medical science for one is a place for it to start. 

It's the long bet not the short fix I am talking about ,which can be done in conjunction not in spite of other interim measures.

Genuinely wondering out loud to y'all here: 

Any truth in the idea/story put forward that some of ( I rule out "all" cause logic) these shootings are helped along to perpetuate the gun control argument in the common media sphere and political sphere as it suits agendas? 

Would it be tin foil hat-ish to think that's happening? 

not to make lightly on the souls lost... 

but conspiracy you say?  jet fuel cant melt steel? 

If you've ever watched the videos on the Sandy Hook shooting, it's some freaky shit. I'm no wacko conspiracy theorist... but damn bro.. damn... 

• Like 2