Bad bad adam........

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid for a washer nozzel for a 521 back in November. Never got it. Forgot about it for a while though. No hard feelings man. Let me know if you still have it.

ive had that sitting at jessi's dads house in Eugene for you for a bit. lost all my numbers when my phone was stolen so i couldn't get at you - txt me 

• Like 1

Welcome back mate!  I don't know you and you don't know me, but always happy to see one "man up" and take ownership of ones actions.  Takes guts, especially knowing the posibilty of a gauntlet of double-barrels aiming at your face.

Cheers bro!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Looks like Adam is gone again - maybe I'll get my part - who knows.  Did a number of PM exchanges on the deal, sent PayPal, then dead silence for almost a month now.

Too bad I found this thread after I sent the money, not a lot, but now I'm in limbo trying to decide whether to wait or keep looking and buy elsewhere.  Wish the feedback system would have been on some help - very surprised to hear that hundreds of $$$ were owed to more than one person and still 100% positive feedback.  Perhaps people were holding off hoping they will get parts or $$$.  I know I've done that.

FYI, some experiences I've had regarding other cars and hobbies:

I am 62 years old and a Studebaker guy since I was 18 and these guys are straight arrow.  I have a friend who has a business where he rebuilds superchargers, provides reground cams, parts, and other services - he ships all over the world.  He has always shipped the parts, then sent a bill.  Studebaker people always pay.  But as his business expanded, he kept this same billing practice only to find that non-Studebaker people sometimes don't pay.

Camera guys are OK.  Train collectors are a unique breed - usually honest but eccentric to put it mildly - lots of them old coots and geezers I guess (haha making joke but I think not really.)

And then there are Corvair people.  Let me just say Strange and I'll leave it at that.

Which brings me to Datsun folk.  Unpredictable is to put it mildly - they're all over the place.  Jersey was a Godsend and saved my build.  I still can't believe the effort he put out to get me my parts.  But then there was DatQuickDatFastDatsun (if I got it right), who swore he sent me (3) boxes of parts over a period of many months.  I never got any of them but he never asked for $$$ in advance.  That is so bizarre, I can't even begin to come up with even a theory for that one.  I got some parts from a local guy via Craigslist and that one was OK although it took forever to get together - and this guy was building a serious custom.  Perhaps its because parts and these trucks are not worth a lot of money which makes everything a low priority, so any transaction is like a favor, so it is hit and miss.  And I suspect the truck, car, 510 and Z people are all different too.

• Like 1

Looks like Adam is gone again - maybe I'll get my part - who knows.  Did a number of PM exchanges on the deal, sent PayPal, then dead silence for almost a month now.

Too bad I found this thread after I sent the money, not a lot, but now I'm in limbo trying to decide whether to wait or keep looking and buy elsewhere.  Wish the feedback system would have been on some help - very surprised to hear that hundreds of $$$ were owed to more than one person and still 100% positive feedback.  Perhaps people were holding off hoping they will get parts or $$$.  I know I've done that.

I am 62 years old and a Studebaker guy since I was 18 and these guys are straight arrow.  I have a friend who has a business where he rebuilds superchargers, provides reground cams, parts, and other services - he ships all over the world.  He has always shipped the parts, then sent a bill.  Studebaker people always pay.  But as his business expanded, he kept this same billing practice only to find that non-Studebaker people sometimes don't pay.

Camera guys are OK.  Train collectors are a unique breed - usually honest but eccentric to put it mildly - lots of them old coots and geezers I guess (haha making joke but I think not really.)

And then there are Corvair people.  Let me just say Strange and I'll leave it at that.

Which brings me to Datsun folk.  Unpredictable is to put it mildly - they're all over the place.  Jersey was a Godsend and saved my build.  I still can't believe the effort he put out to get me my parts.  But then there was DatQuickDatFastDatsun (if I got it right), who swore he sent me (3) boxes of parts over a period of many months.  I never got any of them but he never asked for $$$ in advance.  That is so bizarre, I can't even begin to come up with even a theory for that one.  I got some parts from a local guy via Craigslist and that one was OK although it took forever to get together - and this guy was building a serious custom.  Perhaps its because parts and these trucks are not worth a lot of money which makes everything a low priority, so any transaction is like a favor, so it is hit and miss.  And I suspect the truck, car, 510 and Z people are all different too.

we are all datsun nuts 

eagle adam is a stand up guy and will make it right one way or another 

sometimes life just gets in the way and its sad and not a good excuse ,but what I know of him   HE WILL MAKE IT RIGHT

• Like 3

Adam did me a solid, picking up & holding parts, then acting as a middle man to get them delivered to me.  I don't think he's out to screw anyone.  But, yes, Datsun guys are all over the map.  It can be really frustrating...

• Like 2

Adam did me a solid, picking up & holding parts, then acting as a middle man to get them delivered to me.  I don't think he's out to screw anyone.  But, yes, Datsun guys are all over the map.  It can be really frustrating...

I've traded parts with Adam several times and some parts were sent international. If anything, I probably still owe him some more beer for a steering box he was nice enough to go and remove and have for me at Canby two years ago. That was the year someone blew their oil pressure sender out on the highway. I went with him to (orielie's autozone w/e) and he bought one and gave to someone to take out to her.

Just sayin someone like that is more interested in helping than not and life is one of those things that get in the way..

• Like 2

Adam... has had a lot of ups and downs lately. I wouldnt exactly call his life steady as of current.

Your best bet, post on his FB wall... honestly. He has a name, he hates to tarnish it. He can easily ignore his phone and emails, but ignoring FB just doesnt work.

• Like 3

The part is that plastic heater push/pull knob that sticks out the center of the vent (part is maybe 5" long and has a J-shape where it snaps into the vent flapper.)  Mine is broke off flush with the vent.  I could cobble up something that would work, but it would be nice to get the right part.

I sent your $10 back, find your parts else ware. My life mad been full of personal drama and your right I should have already sent your part. And I did!

For all I know of have already gotten it, so keep it when it does show up in the USPS flat rate box I sent