Gumby - Dragon Green 521

HOGIE

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Send me a samurai sword for my gun rack and I'll make you one.

I've been thinking war hammers mounted on the bed or something. Not practical for use but hey

Although I almost did sword wrack in my s10, didn't feel like hitting my head all the time. Maybe a kc.....

• Like 1

I better get this back in track before you guys use a whole page talking about Caesars over the top shifter

Heater box rebuild cont..

I had the heater core repaired at the rad shop. It had been soldiered in the past and the repair failed

image_zpsngylf59y.jpg

Heat adjustment valve must have seized up in the past and the end was fucked up by a PO so I asked the fab guy at work to pile up some braze and then we used lathe to turn it back down

image_zpsukqkrplv.jpg

Heater adjustment valve got a new o-ring, the port got some honing with 220 and secured back in place with the tiniest copper set screw. I feel very lucky it made it through this process

image_zpsa85fecdw.jpg

Rebuilt heater fan motor, heater core wrapped in foam tape, and fan speed resistor coil back home

image_zpsbgvoaaqm.jpg

Heater box front cover and non-custom off the shelf billet heater adjustment knob, looks good!

image_zps3sj1mehe.jpg

I only need one more piece before it's complete and the homie is working on it. Like a champ!

• Like 6

My understanding is that 521 and 510 headlight buckets, and rings are NOT the same.  521 buckets, and rings, have two screws 90 degrees apart from each other, and a third screw 180 degrees across from the middle of the two other screws, and 510 buckets and rings have three screws 120 degrees apart.  Explained another way. the retaining rings for a 521 have two screws at 135 degrees, and a third screw at 90 degrees around the circle.

You might be able to take a 521 headlight bucket holder (assembly) and put 510 headlight buckets on it, and then use the 510 headlight rings in the 510 headlight buckets, on the 521 headlight assembly.

• Like 2

I might have the rings, I'll have to look

Not sure how long it'd take to get them to you from this side of the border tho

What are you doing for exhaust?

I'm at that point now myself. My only real option is to drive it the 20 miles to town with no exhaust and have a 2 or 2-1/4" system built unless someone knows of a system I can order

• Like 1

I don't see an update that the exhaust is done , so I figured I'd help ya out with an update. The truck needs the seat , headlight rings , a wax job , bless brakes one last time , fuel leak . . . I think that is all. Hogie ? Did I miss anything +

Bleed clutch and windshield. But the windshield is just cosmetic

• Like 1