Gumby - Dragon Green 521

HOGIE

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really the only parts that will be challenging will be electrics and exhaust. 

Someone told me they where going to come help with the electrics, cough :poke: , and its going on a trailer to get a VIN inspection and then a trip to work and the lift to do exhaust next week

• Like 2

Really the only parts that will be challenging will be electrics and exhaust. 

Someone told me they where going to come help with the electrics, cough :poke: , and its going on a trailer to get a VIN inspection and then a trip to work and the lift to do exhaust next week

I'm painting Chris's goon on Saturday , but it will only take part of the day , so either day this weekend . I will bring the tub of wiring harnesses and we will make it happen .

• Like 3

I'm painting Chris's goon on Saturday , but it will only take part of the day , so either day this weekend . I will bring the tub of wiring harnesses and we will make it happen .

Sweet!

I'll be getting busy all the next four days so hopefully it can be buttoned up enough for playing by the weekend after next

• Like 2

I have a relatively unmolested dash harness if you need HOGIE 

Not sure what it'd cost to get down to you from Canada but it's an option

Thanks man. I appreciate the offer but I have a 'relatively unmolested dash harness' myself.

• Like 2

and whos been spreading rumors????? Rhino?!

I only speak the truth, we could've started the truck that day if we really wanted to... Just not with the harness haha

• Like 3

I spent all day working on the truck

Dropped out the crossmember and got the correct oil pan installed, installed the intake and exhaust manifolds.

Then Al stopped by and we got the driveshaft and a bunch of the little stuff taken care of; alternator, fuel pump, water pump, oil pressure sensor, timing inspection plate and fuel and coolant hard lines on the block.

Thanks Al for your help and thanks for bringing me the heater core. Things definilty move a lot faster with four hands rather than two.

After Al left I kept going and pulled out the fuel tank brackets. Was planning to get the fuel tank, fuel lines and filler tube but lost light so had to clean up for the night.

Now it's time to make my next shopping list. Topping the list are all rubber hydrolic lines( 4 brakes and 1 clutch), clutch hard line, brake master cylinder, also other small things like coolant, rubber coolant hose, and fuel line for filler tube.

Tomorrow will be fuel tank, electric and windshield and radiator/heater plus all coolant lines.

Yes I didn't take any oics

• Like 3

I spent all day working on the truck

Yes I didn't take any oics

Ya know I cant do anything without takin OIC's ................................................ Cuz Ratsun ! 

And this is the weirdest thing I ever found under a 521 fuel door !  :poop:

IMAG6017_zpsyld7hubq.jpgIMAG6018_zpsilbbbhxb.jpg

And we would of had the cooling system finished if we had the hardware for the radiator and fan blade .

Tomorrow this green Dragon will roar ! 

IMAG6019_zpsus5txxyi.jpgIMAG6020_zpsgz6xbt8w.jpgIMAG6021_zpsunfjsv6b.jpg

• Like 4

And still no new pics from the owner.....

Tisk tisk :p

Trucks sounding like it's looking good!

(Pics would help tho..... Just sayn)

Lol

Yesterday I spent the whole time under the truck smuggled up to the frame rail and rear end housing putting the fuel lines, tank brackets and fuel tank in. I didn't think to take pics. But yes I should've

• Like 1

Here is a update oic for you oic whores

A can of PB Blaster and some patience and I was able to get the heater box broken down. Only one screw left in it, the vent cable screw head was almost completely stripped when it got to me so I'm being very patient with this one. Next will be tuning up the fan motor, cleaning up the box, and flushing the core, then put it back together and install.

image_zpsgvh5kll6.jpg

• Like 2

I need to do that. Been avoiding it for a long time. Scared it will never be whole again.

I hit the screws and fan nut with PB repeatedly for two days before I even tried them out. Resistor, fan, and rubber vent tube all want to fall apart. If it worked I wouldn't even have fucked with it but the fan doesn't spin freely so I need to give it love and everything had to come apart to get at it. Taking the fan off its post was pretty sketchy and the bolts that hold the motor in place

Be nice if a guy could find something that'd work for the rubber vent

Me and another guy for here have been talking about how to reproduce these and he's got a plan but we can't count the chickens just yet. If and when it gets made I'll definitely be posting about it. It will probably show up in another thread too

• Like 2

I wanted to get this truck road worthy by this weekend but it's not going to happen. Ordered brake parts that won't be here until next week. I think the engine will be starting this weekend but it won't be road worthy.

• Like 1

I wanted to get this truck road worthy by this weekend but it's not going to happen. Ordered brake parts that won't be here until next week. I think the engine will be starting this weekend but it won't be road worthy.

It's not from lack of effort , it's really close .

Guess you will just have to drive the 620 Sunday .

• Like 3

It's not from lack of effort , it's really close .

Guess you will just have to drive the 620 Sunday .

Right. It's not lack of effort, but poor planning. I though I would be able to get the parts through asp but they didn't even have a couple of them listed so it had to be rockauto. I had the money the whole time too. Because I have to wait for these parts I'm holding off on taking it in to get registered/titled, I hope that doesn't turn into a headache, and to do the exhaust. If all goes according to plan I should be ready by the weekend after next if not sooner
  • Like 1