Gumby - Dragon Green 521

HOGIE

Arranged a trade with Al for this runner L16. Because it was a known running motor plan was to just clean it up, replace oil pan with the cleaned one I already had, and replace water pump, valve cover and exhaust/intake gaskets. Already had a had a clutch kit for L16.

Painted the block, motor mounts, alt bracket, oil pan, timing inspection plate and rear bust cove with Detroit Desiel Green engine block enamel. Pretty good match to faded Dragon Green.

Today I installed the oil pan, dust cover, flywheel, clutch, new throw out bearing and bolted up 5spd

image_zpsisgv5ldz.jpg

image_zpsschwc9nx.jpg

image_zpsn1mq3twf.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We also broke down a couple blocks I had laying around, literally laying on the gravel pad next to the garage. Pulled heads, pistons, and cranks to inspect condition and preserve.

The L16 had this closed chamber W53 on it. I'm wondering what these would have came on

image_zpsabsa8hoo.jpg

image_zpsvt7hm4du.jpg

image_zpsaafmfkos.jpg

• Like 3

We also broke down a couple blocks I had laying around, literally laying on the gravel pad next to the garage. Pulled heads, pistons, and cranks to inspect condition and preserve.

The L16 had this closed chamber W53 on it. I'm wondering what these would have came onimage_zpsabsa8hoo.jpgimage_zpsvt7hm4du.jpgimage_zpsaafmfkos.jpg

That's what my L20b is rocking....wait....mine is open...how's that head condition wise?, round exhaust ports, right?

I did intake port matching for a smooth flow from my larger diameter intake manifold :thumbup:

• Like 1

Now that the motor and trans is in/under the truck it's time to modify the trans mount for my 5spd

Spent some time working to make something along the lines of this. Should've spent a little more time thinking about hardware alignment. Stock bolts from the 5spd interfered with 521 trans mount, the way I made it.....

Transmission Mount: Copied from a Datzenmike post.

F4W63toFS5W71Btransmount.jpg

Soooo... I cut that shit up, used the stock 5spd mount and made this lower bracket using part of the OG 521 lower bracket, well pretty much just the part of the bracket that bolts to the cross member

Came out good. Bullet proof

image_zpsipm6owrp.jpg

image_zpsukf1tcrh.jpg

• Like 3

where's the update ? I heard the dragon is ready to roar ! 

Not quite ready, yes I've been slacking. Still need to a little shopping; fuel line, radiator hose, coolant, fuel filter, brake master, rear shock absorbers(one is broken off, gonna get both), ect

Crossing my fingers that the drive line fits(it should), haven't tried to install yet. Need to reinstall fuel pump, water pump, coolant ports, intake/exhaust, radiator, fuel tank, and run coolant, exhaust and fuel lines

oh ya and all electrical......

Like we talked about I need/want to pull the dash to go through the harness under the dash and at the same time replace the windshield. Damn and I also need to put the bucket seats in and mount the shoes

And last but not least get it registered and titled.... I do have the money for this stashed aside B)

• Like 3