HOGIE

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is thanks guys.

Anyways, about my truck.

Had the front drums turned, rears were past turnable spec. New shoes to go along with turned front drums, new wheels cylinders all around, cleaned up and anti-seized all adjuster and new shocks up front to go along with the new rears. Need to bleed the brakes and adjust then the brake job will be done.

Here the carnage

image_zpsm3l3drsh.jpg

• Like 4

Last night we got a few things taken care of.

Filled up the tranny with fresh lube and Al did his thing figuring out the wiring. Power is where it's supposed to be when it's supposed to be. Tried to start it up but the mock up carb needs to go in the trash.

We're confident that with a better carb it's going run like a champ. After that bolt down a seat, weld in exhaust and it will be a driver.

• Like 1

Do you have a spare carb?

I have a couple and Al has a pile. It would be nice to mock up with a weber but I only have the one that's on my 620 and I can't tear that apart until it's time to DD the 521

I have a couple and Al has a pile. It would be nice to mock up with a weber but I only have the one that's on my 620 and I can't tear that apart until it's time to DD the 521

Just don't adjust anything on the carb and swap it into the 521. That's what I did when I tried to start the z22 that's now my LZ. It obviously won't need much adjusting anyway, so it'll be good enough to make it run. Only reason I didn't get mine to start was because I was way too excited to pull it and start the lz, and I didn't want to fish around for a bunch of vacuum caps or put more gas in it. Plus it's the carb that's going on the motor so you might as well test it with the exact one it'll be running.

I need to figure out what seat I'm running. The truck came with these bucket seats that at first I thought would work well, but the more I've sat in them while working on the truck I've realized that I'm not a fan. I have two rough 620 bench seats.

Does anyone know if a 620 bench seat is a bolt in option?

For now even if the mounting will require massodification I think they're my best option at this time. Probably take the best one or best of both and mount it up....

Bolt-in? No where near. Mounting is different between the 521 and 620.

Some massaging can be done to the 620 Sear's bracket then drilled/bolted to floor.

Someone I met at Canby showed me their D21 bench in a 521.

The d21 sliders were removed and placed on 521 rails.

Maybe the same can be done to the 620s?

• Like 1

I know all about the hardware. I have both types of trucks. I was wondering more about hole locations in the brackets for the 620 bench lining up with the mounting holes in the 521 cab.

I like the idea of transferring the 521 bench brackets but I don't have a 521 bench to play with

Bolt-in? No where near. Mounting is different between the 521 and 620.

Some massaging can be done to the 620 Sear's bracket then drilled/bolted to floor.

Someone I met at Canby showed me their D21 bench in a 521.
The d21 sliders were removed and placed on 521 rails.
Maybe the same can be done to the 620s?

Bracketry does not bolt up. Not even close.

521 have little risers that sit forward to backward, each side, that the seat bolts to.

The 620 has a hump that runs left to right the seat bracket bolts to in front, floor in rear.

I'm on my phone and don't have pics of each floor here.

All I can do is laugh.

Figured out the idle, throttle cable installed, brakes bleed. Started the truck, put it in 1st

truck went backwards.....

2nd backwards......

3rd backwards.....

4th backwards.....

5th backwards.....

Rev forward. Drove like 1st gear

And I putted around like that. Madden voyage while moving forward in reverse. Fucken laughable man!

Never even heard of this happening. Dafuq is happening here?

All I know is the tranny is coming out, tonight

• Like 1

All I can do is laugh.

Figured out the idle, throttle cable installed, brakes bleed. Started the truck, put it in 1st

truck went backwards.....

2nd backwards......

3rd backwards.....

4th backwards.....

5th backwards.....

Rev forward. Drove like 1st gear

And I putted around like that. Madden voyage while moving forward in reverse. Fucken laughable man!

Never even heard of this happening. Dafuq is happening here?

All I know is the tranny is coming out, tonight

lol wtf! So funny.

• Like 3