2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He did easily a quarter of the work by himself, donated a rust free truck and ridiculous amount of perfect condition parts, a stupid amount of money and he doesn't have the truck anymore.

He definitely came out on top... Haha this is hilarious.

• Like 2

He did easily a quarter of the work by himself, donated a rust free truck and ridiculous amount of perfect condition parts, a stupid amount of money and he doesn't have the truck anymore.

He definitely came out on top... Haha this is hilarious.

Not sure I follow you here. Are you saying that there was a set amount he needed to pocket BEFORE sending any money to the school? A donation is usually that, a donation, you don't get paid for it.

In case you don't want to read back 3000 posts, here is the original info. Posted by Denmarkboy.

In celebration Datsuns Northwest is going to give away a 1970 Datsun 521 truck.

The truck is a 1970 Datsun 521, 1600, 4 speed truck.

The truck is being donated to Datsuns Northwest by Denmarkboy & Datslocos Datsun Club of California/Oregon/washigton

TICKET INFO : 5 DOLLARS EACH . LIMIT OF 200 TICKETS PER PERSON

ALL PROCEEDS FROM THE RAFFLE WILL BE GOING TO CHARITY CHOOSEN BY : Datsuns Northwest

The finished truck will be raffled off at the 2015 10th annual “DATSUN DRIVING CANBY FUN” event on Sunday at the awards presentation. Raffle tickets will be sold at the event only and will be $5.00 each, must be present to win. The winner will receive a legal drivable 521 truck.

• Like 1

Not trying to start anything.

But how do you know that the money was never given to the school?

You apart of said school. Know someone?

Are you sure he still hasn't given them the money?

Good morning to everyone. I am here to bring news that should be brought to light. I personally have nothing to gain or lose from this, other than the possibility of losing a premier Datsun show in the NW. You can check my username, I have been here forever, and have been with DatsunsNW since the founding. I have my own little corners of the internet where I am usually dwelling, so alas not much time for Ratsun in my life.

Money collected from the raffle was never given to the school. Denmarkboy collected and never paid up. The parts donated, the work donated, the tickets bought, only went to him.

I don't know anything,,  just what he wrote,, so don't flip out at me.

_________________________________________________________________________________

NOT to take away from the seriousness of what greenbastard is saying ,, but "your buddy" Nelson is being mr tight lips on what is going on with this stupid machine..

What the fuck chuck??

Or should i say,,,,, Facebook boi . :geek:

Good morning to everyone. I am here to bring news that should be brought to light. I personally have nothing to gain or lose from this, other than the possibility of losing a premier Datsun show in the NW. You can check my username, I have been here forever, and have been with DatsunsNW since the founding. I have my own little corners of the internet where I am usually dwelling, so alas not much time for Ratsun in my life.

Money collected from the raffle was never given to the school. Denmarkboy collected and never paid up. The parts donated, the work donated, the tickets bought, only went to him.

Unless you are the president, the treasurer, denmarkboy, or the person in charge of collecting the check... you should probably not point blame. There is no way in hell Al would have kept a cent from that donation.

The new president is on the forum now. Let him handle it.

• Like 3

Not trying to start anything.

But how do you know that the money was never given to the school?

You apart of said school. Know someone?

Are you sure he still hasn't given them the money?

We (DatsunsNW) have been in contact with the school as recent as 01/21/2016. No money. Canby was last summer.

If he had paid, there would be no reason to me to come and say anything here. I don't have any kind of axe to grind, I have met Al before and he seemed like a good guy. All I want is the school to get their money, and Canby to live on.

• Like 1

We (DatsunsNW) have been in contact with the school as recent as 01/21/2016. No money. Canby was last summer.

If he had paid, there would be no reason to me to come and say anything here. I don't have any kind of axe to grind, I have met Al before and he seemed like a good guy. All I want is the school to get their money, and Canby to live on.

So are you telling us Canby will not be until Al pays up?

Who the fuck are you to bring private shit out and about, dragging Al through the mud?

• Like 4

Unless you are the president, the treasurer, denmarkboy, or the person in charge of collecting the check... you should probably not point blame. There is no way in hell Al would have kept a cent from that donation.

The new president is on the forum now. Let him handle it.

Not pointing blame. Just stating facts. The school never got any money.

Unfortunately, I am probably the most internety dude of all us old codgers known as DatsunsNW. The club decided to go public with this info, and I am the messenger.

Draker, I'll see if I can get Steven to post in here for you. I'm sure he is at work, and I am not certain he has any computer access there.

I have said what needed to be said, so now I give you back your soapbox. Good day to you all.

• Like 1

Not pointing blame. Just stating facts. The school never got any money

I have said what needed to be said, so now I give you back your soapbox. Good day to you all.

To this, GO FUCK YOURSELF!

What part of the project did you 'personally' have anything to do with and at what point did you 'personally' have anything to do with collecting and distributing the funds raised? Oh none? I thought so

And for good measure once more, GO FUCK YOURSELF!

• Like 2

Steve should already knows the details. It would be best for him to deal with this directly. He is the president elect. I have a feeling he will check in soon to clear the air.

Al would never keep anything from the build. This was never about money for him. It was about getting people together to do something great. There was an estimated $10k+ plus put into this build and that doesn't include labor. If it were about money the truck would still be rotting in a field out in junction city.

It was about the build. About the experience. About doing something great for a charity.

Al lead the effort from start to finish. He would never, ever, pocket the cash.

I know you want what's best for the charity. So does everyone here; Al included. I would probably bring your concerns to Steve, and let him resolve the situation.

There are a lot of strong feelings and opinions regarding this truck and event. A lot of people were involved.

This will be resolved, if it hasn't been already. The charity has nothing to worry about.

• Like 5