Stupid California

red13

I'm sure California would be much better place to live if all the people who don't like it here got the fuck out. Texas is waiting y'all. 

hey that's a mean thing to wish for those other states

already happening in washington (all thanks to frasier)

and texas (thx to walker texas ranger)

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"More Californians move to Texas than residents from any other state.

According to a new report by the Texas Association of Realtors, 66,318 people moved from the Golden State to the Lone Star State last year. That's more than double from the next closest state, Florida."

Over-1000-Used-Cowboy-Boots-Texas-Junk-5

Road trip to DatsunFreak's!

^ 5 points for texas (are we still keeping score?)

Some mod branded me with a score board and then disappeared.  I wish I could remember his name....

NiCaaaali4nia luuuuv!!!...

505/626

It just simply comes down to money.

$= You get to choose to live anywhere you like.

The question is:

WHERE WOULD YOU LIVE IF MONEY WAS NOT AN ISSUE AT ALL? HUH, HUH, HUH?!

Texas.   B)

"More Californians move to Texas than residents from any other state.

According to a new report by the Texas Association of Realtors, 66,318 people moved from the Golden State to the Lone Star State last year. That's more than double from the next closest state, Florida."

Over-1000-Used-Cowboy-Boots-Texas-Junk-5

Road trip to DatsunFreak's!

It's ok.  There's room.  Just remember why you came and please direct all hippies to Austin.

• Like 1

Some mod branded me with a score board and then disappeared.  I wish I could remember his name....

It's ok.  There's room.  Just remember why you came and please direct all hippies to Austin.

Is that why Jesse James moved there?  :rofl:

135180230267613637101101197_102TroubleAt

you used to be able to corral them in austin, but they've bribed you with in-and-out and now will be infesting the metroplex

east texas, and the south are still off limits for the time being

As long as they stay out of my swamps and pine thickets and keep their politics to themselves, we'll be just fine.

It's too humid in my part of Texas for Californians anyway. It's mid December. The temperature here is nearly 80 and its 57% humidity.

You have those that pretty much stay put and don't want anything to change and then there are those that take a great place and do all they can to screw it up to the point even they can't stand it, then move and start the cycle all over

I live at the end of a gravel road

The best thing that ever happened in San Francisco was the 89 earthquake. Not only did it do away with the Embarcadero freeway, it cleared out most of the people who didn't belong here. There was a mass exodus of dead weight mediocratoids, and for about 8 years the city was a bang'n place for creativity in every imaginable medium. It was like the 60s 2.0, but without the hippies. As soon as the .com tsunami hit the hipstards moved back in and the city went to shit.

If you're taking up room here and think you can find happiness in Tx or any other state for that matter, I wish you all the best. Hell, I'll even vote for a bill that'll subsidize your U-haul truck. Just don't come back when we start having fun again in your absence. Good riddance Jesse. One hipstard down, 10,000,000 to go.

• Like 1

I'm confused here freak, are you say Texas never changes and you're proud of my home state?

You know what I meant.  ^_^

I lived in Texas for 7 months, and for the life of me, I have no idea what everybody's so proud of.

Heaven's not for everybody...   B)

And honestly, living here for 7 months isn't really giving it a fair shake. And you never said where. That is very important. 

It's a very big place, with 5 distinctly different "ecosystems", many different economies, etc. 

Living in Lubbock, versus Houston, versus Austin, versus Fort Worth, etc. It's all different. As is California in many similar ways. It's not like living in North Hollywood is the same as living in San Luis Obispo. 

Castroville, San Antonio, and College Station is where I lived, I have family in Tx, I've ridden a motorcycle across the state twice, I have also visited/stayed in El Paso, Dogpatch, Huston, Corpus Christy, South Padre Island and San Jose Island. I know enough about Texas to know better. I'm not sure if others commenting about Stupid California can say the same. 

There is an undeniable quality of character in Texas, but if you don't fit that mold, I can tell you from experience, it can be a very unfriendly place. I totally understand how you could see it as Heaven if you fit that mold though. What you and I see as stupid, or bazar about each other's Home State all depends on what color Kool-aid we drank. That is to say what ideas of normal were imposed on us as kids. No doubt, on the surface California is a superficial novelty act, but I can run a list of faults for Tx just the same. You and I both know it takes more than a stereotype to really describe these massively different states. 

I know enough about Texas to know better. I'm not sure if others commenting about Stupid California can say the same. 

There is an undeniable quality of character in Texas, but if you don't fit that mold, I can tell you from experience, it can be a very unfriendly place. I totally understand how you could see it as Heaven if you fit that mold though. What you and I see as stupid, or bazar about each other's Home State all depends on what color Kool-aid we drank... on the surface California is a superficial novelty act, but I can run a list of faults for Tx just the same...

But here's the thing. I like California. And I don't beleive I have said in this thread even once anything disparaging about the state of California. Not sure anyone else could say the same about Texas. Every time it's mentioned, it's the butt of some joke. 

I've been in 24 different states in this great country, and I love them all.  :wub:

I'd move to Oregon tomorrow if my wife would come with me, and if I were independently wealthy (or single) I'd love to live in California (housing is a little overpriced for my budget), but Texas suits me just fine. Friendly people, low cost of living, lots of pretty places to visit, lots of good food to eat, and it dang sure doesn't hurt that I grew up here. 

It makes me sad that so many people I know who grew up in California (and live there now) seem to hate it. Life's too short to live somewhere you can't stand. 

Either quit your bitching or move.   :rofl:

/thread

• Like 2