Stupid California

red13

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they gave the "new math" accounting system a new name. Now it's called the "new normal". So what is the new normal? A government for and by the corporation. To this day oil companies are reeping record profits, yet still getting tax breaks in the $ billions. Off shore money laundering and asset sheltering by corporations syphons trillions of taxable profit out of the federal tax system. The laws regulating these accounting practices are written by the very corporations they are meant to regulate. The reason no one was held accountable for the great recession is because no one broke the law they wrote. This is what deregulation has produced time and time again, but if everyone in power is benefiting, why stop it. Once again John Q Public"s bank account was raided so we could bail out the Government Dependent Banks and corporations that engineered this shit in the first place. It's fucking brilliant. Jobs were in free fall frpm sept 2008 to sept 2010, we lost over 9 million jobs and in 2014 we have replaced only a fraction. Now here's the New Normal math. With less people in the workforce we are more productive than at 2008. the ratio of part time jobs vs full time is higher than any time in history including the great depression. Wages are down 23% from what they were in 2008 yet there is more capital invested in the stock market than at any time in history. Shit, profits are up, wages are low and the one % have never had it so good. 

The "richest 1 percent in the United States now own more wealth than the bottom 90 percent. The gap between the top 10% and the middle class is over 1,000%; that increases another 1000% for the top 1%. The average employee "needs to work more than a month to earn what the CEO earns in one hour.

In Europe they are selling this as "austerity", but here in America this is the New Normal. Must have something to do with the metric system?

When is somebody going to call bullshit?

Blaming this on politicians like Bush, or Obama is just what they want you to do. The fact is they weren't placed in office to weald power, but take attention away from it. They both serve the same master, the man with the $. Trust me, our politicians are not going to fix this gravy train.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I think they gave the "new math" accounting system a new name. Now it's called the "new normal". So what is the new normal? A government for and by the corporation. To this day oil companies are reeping record profits, yet still getting tax breaks in the $ billions. Off shore money laundering and asset sheltering by corporations syphons trillions of taxable profit out of the federal tax system. The laws regulating these accounting practices are written by the very corporations they are meant to regulate. The reason no one was held accountable for the great recession is because no one broke the law they wrote. This is what deregulation has produced time and time again, but if everyone in power is benefiting, why stop it. Once again John Q Public"s bank account was raided so we could bail out the Government Dependent Banks and corporations that engineered this shit in the first place. It's fucking brilliant. Jobs were in free fall frpm sept 2008 to sept 2010, we lost over 9 million jobs and in 2014 we have replaced only a fraction. Now here's the New Normal math. With less people in the workforce we are more productive than at 2008. the ratio of part time jobs vs full time is higher than any time in history including the great depression. Wages are down 23% from what they were in 2008 yet there is more capital invested in the stock market than at any time in history. Shit, profits are up, wages are low and the one % have never had it so good. 

The "richest 1 percent in the United States now own more wealth than the bottom 90 percent. The gap between the top 10% and the middle class is over 1,000%; that increases another 1000% for the top 1%. The average employee "needs to work more than a month to earn what the CEO earns in one hour.

In Europe they are selling this as "austerity", but here in America this is the New Normal. Must have something to do with the metric system?

When is somebody going to call bullshit?

Blaming this on politicians like Bush, or Obama is just what they want you to do. The fact is they weren't placed in office to weald power, but take attention away from it. They both serve the same master, the man with the $. Trust me, our politicians are not going to fix this gravy train.

This is a spot on assessment!!

I was a hardcore left wing punk rocker in the 80's...and it turns out we WERE right about Reagan being an asshole, as mass deregulation and the gutting of the middle class started under his watch.

Everyone who voted for him (and his "morning in America" i.e. It's everyone for himself ) is at fault. 

I live like a scarecrow, I own next to nothing, but I have money coming in constantly.

The fact that I have a bank account and a job makes me richer than 75 % of the rest of the world.

It is easy to forget where one sits in the 99% when one is always pointing fingers at the 1 % (not that one shouldn't);

Here are some fun facts about America and our destructive way of life;

• With only 5% of the world's population, Americans consume 20% of all metals, 30% of all paper, and generate almost 75% of total global toxic waste (9).

• Americans eat 200 billion more calories per day than necessary enough to feed 80 million people (16).

• While millions of people around the world starve to death, Americans spend $30 billion a year on diet programs. One-third of the U.S. population is significantly overweight ( 9 ).

• Americans waste 200,000 tons of edible food per day (16).

• "Americans constitute 5% of the world's population but consume 24% of the world's energy. On average, one American consumes as much energy as 2 Japanese, 6 Mexicans, 13 Chinese, 31 Indians, 128 Bangladeshis, 307 Tanzanians, or 370 Ethiopians."(16)

• "Americans own roughly one-third of the world's automobiles, drive about as many miles as the rest of the world combined, and are far and away the largest per capita producers of carbon dioxide."( 9 )

• The U.S. produces 22% of world's total industrial carbon dioxide emissions (8).

I have never bought into this greed based economic system because it always seemed about as stable as an upturned egg and I am right about that too.

Don't be surprised that if you do subscribe to this system (and it is next to impossible not to) that it has and will continue to turn on you.

Here is what I think is coming; when the US government can no longer borrow any money from anyone and our country is teetering on the edge of insolvency the Feds will go to the billionaires for a bailout.  

It is not without historical precedent, J.P. Morgan used to lend money to the federal government when it needed a bailout.

When this happens we can probably kiss the Constitution and Bill Of Rights goodbye, what this will look like is anyones' guess.

ENJOY YOURSELF; IT'S LATER THAN YOU THINK

• Like 1

At this point (and by "at this point" I don't mean it JUST happened) it really is a full throttle, runaway, greed train. The way it will stop will be a catastrophic derailment, which it will do on it's own.

That's mainly because the track isn't finished....

Having a track would mean we have a destination, I think we are in an airplane and there are hoards of people on the ground not happy about it, and it's running low on fuel, but the population of the plane didn't know we are low on fuel until recently, the pilots are now taking loans out to be refueled in the air on the sly, when no one will refuel us in time, the pilots will need to figure out how to use less fuel, that's where we are at now, when one starts throwing shit out of the plane, eventually it will come down to volunteers, and when that don't fix the issue, then they will start throwing out people when there is nothing else to throw except parts of the plane itself, now there are a few parachutes, but the ones piloting the plane are the only ones that will get to use them, and a few of their friends of course, it will get real nasty when it comes down to bailing out, as there are only a couple doors to get out of the plane, and the folks that did all the dirty work are not going to be happy about not getting a parachute, all we are going to be able to do is make sure that no one bails out of the plane.

Now how we come down is not yet decided, we could land and admit that we fucked up which the population of the plane will be split on, as the pilots are saying if we land we die, but it's the pilots only that will likely die, not the population of the plane, but they want us to think that all of us will be die, so they say and do what they have to to keep order on the plane, and anyone that is not controllable gets tossed out, in the mean time they are still trying to get fuel, and they will sell anything that the population of the plane owns(except their stuff) to stay in the air, the question here is are we going to let the pilots fly the plane until it runs out of fuel and crashes, or are we going to take over and try to land the plane, now this plane isn't controlled like a normal plane, it was designed in a fantasy world where retards are in charge, so I guess we are................................................ 

• Like 1

ENJOY YOURSELF; IT'S LATER THAN YOU THINK

THE END IS NEAR! 

NO THAT'S THE SPECIALS

Every man for himself runs counter to humanity, but supporting one another runs counter to capitalism.

It's time for a new mythology, cuz this one is fucking spent.