Stupid California

red13

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring it paradime. I'd love to hear your point of view. As a fellow Californian (by address, not birth) I feel most outsiders can't [shouldn't] speak for what's going on here, unless they have lived here or do business here.

I've lived in CA for going on 30 years.  Essentially my whole life.  Maybe I'm jaded after the rose colored glasses of youth, but I feel like things have definitely gotten a lot worse.  It's strange...there are only a few things (job - mainly an awesome boss & coworkers, weather, family) keeping me here, but it would/will be very hard for me to leave.

• Like 1

Sorry, I cannot agree with this statement, you see the politics their tend to contaminate the politics here, like unless a semi truck meets California standards, it cannot enter that state even though it is licensed in another state, I expect one day they will say at the state border that I cannot drive my 1971 Datsun truck in your state, that's just........

So that can work both ways you know, maybe we up in Oregon and Washington can vote to not except food that tastes like shit that comes from CA, and is harvested by non Americans to be shipped into are states, I mean what goes around comes around.

I would like to close are borders to immigrants from CA to here, as they bring their fowl politics with them, it's ruining my way of life.

Bring it paradime. I'd love to hear your point of view. As a fellow Californian (by address, not birth) I feel most outsiders can't [shouldn't] speak for what's going on here, unless they have lived here or do business here.

• Like 1

Individual states need to have a strong backbone and avoid change if it's not in their interests. You get that from heavy politicking and a strong voter base.

I read an article once that was considering the question; do people move to an area to get away from it's politics? And if so, do they change when they get to where they are going? I think it's true that a lot of migration happens to distance one's self from a particular political party or social political leanings. But they tend to morph into the local way of thinking over time. So don't worry too much about it Wayno. Those people moved from CA because they hated it.

I want to move out of the state of CA, but it would take the right opportunity to be able to pull it off. So for now, I make the best of it and I hide in the hills to be away from it all.

• Like 1

border.jpg

Shit, I was expecting a tung lashing for being a naive parrot, not some weak sauce second hand irony. Polly want a cracker?

It's true, Cali isn't what it used to be, but then again what is? To be honest, I haven't felt proud of my home state in a long time. That's probably why I'm defensive. Has anyone noticed that in times of prosperity illegal immigration is a distant third tear issue, but when things get tight suddenly assholes pucker and the "aliens" are scapegoated for everything. I've seen this political diversion show three times in the past thirty years. 

What the wing nut reactionaries fail to realize here is California is only the 11th state to offer undocumented immigrants the chance to get a drivers license. So in reality, Gov. Moony is just following behind 20% of the country on this one. But damn guys, he's such an easy target for criticism, right. California isn't handing these out on street corners, the requirements are proof of California residency, fingerprints, and proper identification from their country of origin. Then they’ll take the same written, vision, and behind-the-wheel drivers test all us privileged white folk did. The license issued looks distinctly different though, and it says “Federal Limits Apply" on the front and  "This card is not acceptable for official federal purposes” on the back, also that it's only use is for driving. Now I have no idea if this shit will make them better drivers, but more important, with this card they can get insurance like the rest of us sheep. If 1.4 million uninsured drivers buy into the system, my wife's premiums sure as hell better go down. 

Buda, when your mood changes please take the plate and explain (in your own words) how giving them access to the system like this is naive. 

• Like 1

Well put.

On a side note, it might make the "illegals" speed up a bit. I hate being stuck behind somebody on the rural highways when they are traveling at 5 or 10 mph under the speed limit. You know why they are doing it, it's because they are either drunk, have warrants or are illegal aliens. In the ag portions of the state, I bet 9 times out of 10, it's because they are illegals. If we give them a license, traffic congestion might become less of an issue, leading to less road rage!

I vote to give them a CDL!!!

@pd you realize that wasn't for you. it was to rally the troops!

braveheart460.jpg

i also read the part about the feds demanding the california driver's licenses have special writing on top

that'd scare me off, but i'm not an desperate illegal alien, so i can't walk in their shoes

unless this becomes a militant state, the driver's licenses for illegals is a firm step toward citizenship

there are some who think this is the feds plan to tag the illegals and do whatever they want with them

the stupid is that cali is walking lock step with progressives

the naive comes if we fool ourselves into believing this is going to be better leaving things as they are

and not doing more to challenge what's being forced down our throats

Move to SK (Saskatchewan)

No Smog Testing, Nothing. 

No Annual Safety inspection, out of State or province vehicles once they are plated SK, you're done for life. (unless in a accident and its written off and rebuilt)

Anything older than 30 Years is antique, meaning 10$ month to plate with minimal insurance. (more insurance optional) (3 Datsuns = 360$ year for all 3's Plates and Insurance)

Anything older than 30 years can come into SK without an inspection required. So you can go to AB, MT, etc and Grab a datsun, pay the 5% Provincial sales tax on the amount paid and register it.

Everything is Plates and Insurance through Government Owned Insurance (the people who live in Saskatchewan own our "DMV" its called SGI or Sask Gov't Insurance)

When SGI has too much mney they give us rebates or put it towards things like more Sand/Ice Trucks. We have the lowest Utilities and Insurance in North America. (Sasktel, Sask Energy (Nat Gas), Saskpower (Electric) all owned by the residents and held at the lowest rates possible)

Radio

• Like 1