Stupid California

red13

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@pd you realize that wasn't for you. it was to rally the troops!

braveheart460.jpg

Not for me? "@ paradime that's a pretty naive argument you're parroting, but i'm not in the mood to counter it (maybe later)". Your right, I have no idea how I made the mistake of thinking that was directed at me. But then again, I'm just a stupid Californian.

"the stupid is that cali is walking lock step with progressives" 

I'm not sure if you've been paying attention, but Cali has been a leader in progressive thinking for... well sense it became a state. Let's face it, free thinking doesn't always make for good ideas, but if there's something I am proud of, it's that California isn't in lock step with head in the sand thinking. 

"the naive comes if we fool ourselves into believing this is going to be better leaving things as they are

and not doing more to challenge what's being forced down our throats" . 

Besides being a massive contradiction, this statement blurs the line between what State Government can and can't do. We need to make a clear distinction between the Federal and State's ability to effect, and enforce immigration laws and policy. Law's to control immigration and their enforcement are the Federal Government's responsibility. Although we are effected by it, California has no power to control what is, or is not happening at the Federal level. Other than the decidedly corrupt elected representatives we have participating in the cluster fuck of aggressive inaction in Washington, California must deal with what is happening right here and NOW. 

You may not know this, but in 5 years the Obama administration deported 2,377,000 illegal immigrants as of 2013, In the 8 years Bush Jr. was in office he deported 1,298,000. DO I wish the Feds would secure our borders, fuck yes. Do I wish they'd done this before things got so out of control, double fuck yes. Do I wish the Mexican Government were stable and productive, Duh. Nobody want's to leave things as they are, but we live in a plutocracy man. Chances are we'll elect a Republican in 2016, Obama Care and immigration reform will be over turn, and everything will go back to "NORMAL". Right?

Meanwhile California will deal with this shit as best we can, and if that means processing undocumented immigrants to get them licensed so they might drive more responsibly, WTF. Holding this license doesn't make them a citizen, but it does identify them as undocumented. It's interesting that it's always being "forced down our throats"  if we don't get what we want. But if you try sometimes... If you have a better idea for dealing with this crap, put it forward and fight for it. Otherwise it just looks like you're fighting to keep things as they are.

Guest Rick-rat

The question is:

WHERE WOULD YOU LIVE IF MONEY WAS NOT AN ISSUE AT ALL? HUH, HUH, HUH?!

Damn sure wouldn't be California, Montana or Wyoming would be great

• Like 3

paradime, on 13 Dec 2014 - 9:55 PM, said:snapback.png

Cali isn't what it used to be, but then again what is? 

Texas.    B)

paradime, on 13 Dec 2014 - 9:55 PM, said:snapback.png

To be honest, I haven't felt proud of my home state in a long time. 

I am.    B)

I'm confused here freak, are you say Texas never changes and you're proud of my home state?

I lived in Texas for 7 months, and for the life of me, I have no idea what everybody's so proud of.

Not for me? "@ paradime that's a pretty naive argument you're parroting, but i'm not in the mood to counter it (maybe later)". Your right, I have no idea how I made the mistake of thinking that was directed at me. But then again, I'm just a stupid Californian.

"the stupid is that cali is walking lock step with progressives" 

I'm not sure if you've been paying attention, but Cali has been a leader in progressive thinking for... well sense it became a state. Let's face it, free thinking doesn't always make for good ideas, but if there's something I am proud of, it's that California isn't in lock step with head in the sand thinking. 

"the naive comes if we fool ourselves into believing this is going to be better leaving things as they are

and not doing more to challenge what's being forced down our throats" . 

Besides being a massive contradiction, this statement blurs the line between what State Government can and can't do. We need to make a clear distinction between the Federal and State's ability to effect, and enforce immigration laws and policy. Law's to control immigration and their enforcement are the Federal Government's responsibility. Although we are effected by it, California has no power to control what is, or is not happening at the Federal level. Other than the decidedly corrupt elected representatives we have participating in the cluster fuck of aggressive inaction in Washington, California must deal with what is happening right here and NOW. 

You may not know this, but in 5 years the Obama administration deported 2,377,000 illegal immigrants as of 2013, In the 8 years Bush Jr. was in office he deported 1,298,000. DO I wish the Feds would secure our borders, fuck yes. Do I wish they'd done this before things got so out of control, double fuck yes. Do I wish the Mexican Government were stable and productive, Duh. Nobody want's to leave things as they are, but we live in a plutocracy man. Chances are we'll elect a Republican in 2016, Obama Care and immigration reform will be over turn, and everything will go back to "NORMAL". Right?

Meanwhile California will deal with this shit as best we can, and if that means processing undocumented immigrants to get them licensed so they might drive more responsibly, WTF. Holding this license doesn't make them a citizen, but it does identify them as undocumented. It's interesting that it's always being "forced down our throats"  if we don't get what we want. But if you try sometimes... If you have a better idea for dealing with this crap, put it forward and fight for it. Otherwise it just looks like you're fighting to keep things as they are.

Yeah well, we know Mexico sucks, that's a given.

But America's insatiable appetite for illegal (imported) drugs is exacerbating the situation.

It's one more reason I am glad I am sober, as I am not putting money in these drug dealers pockets and contributing to this heinous situation.

Remember it is unlimited amount of money,  i could probably throw them their 1/4 of a percent that the super rich pay,,,,,,,,, but i would write off having 80 servants on the two others yachts  that travel around with us ( at a distance of course)  in case i need a blueberry ice cream sundae fed to me off the coast of  Rio de janeiro during carnival

All bullshit aside, I have lived a lot of places, including other countries, when it comes to north America, I personally find that wherever I live is based on what I make of it and not much else.

Yeah, With the exception of Texas, thats a X2 for me.