• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

How else can I explain your outburst?

I agree with you, not excusing.The hatred of the US goes way way back before you/all of us occupied their country.... and well deserved, so what? My point was how would you feel in the same position? I thought this was a clear question. 

But,then again,they don't have to follow the "Rules of Engagement".

• Like 2

The US occupied? Actually it's all but impossible to do. Sea lanes are US controlled. Mexico border? Well first an enemy would have to get to Mexico and we're back to the controlled sea lanes. Perhaps too much to think about. I thought it was and easy question. 

It would not be that difficult. Dismantle communications by disrupting electronics and satellite. Then fight battles one at a time. Make enough enemies, get your dessert. right now, we have Iran, China, Russia, N.Korea, all anxious to see us bleed. And they are all watching with smiles as we bleed our strength and finances in the war with an undefeatable ideology.

Wow.

SMH

Canby thread all over again. No one wants to answer.

Yes Mike, you are correct, I would resist, I would fight back, I would be a huge PITA the entire time they occupied my homeland. 

But due to the cultural differences of our, US/Middle East, respective environments, no I would not need to stoop to such acts as needless torture for vengence, gruesome public beheadings for thrills, nor would I find the need to strap a gay person to a chair and throw them off a roof.  I, as most of my fellow Americans are not religious zealots looking to make things right with our maker with ruthless and wholly unneeded acts of violence.

I would do everything in my ability to fight for my country but, I am not an unbridled animal that needs retribution for all things that may or may not have hurt me, I just want the occupier out.

There, now you have an answer and with the fact that it doesn't fit your assumptions of what you would get for an answer I'm sure you will dismiss it as yet another evasive answer and continue.

• Like 2

Yes Mike, you are correct, I would resist, I would fight back, I would be a huge PITA the entire time they occupied my homeland.

But due to the cultural differences of our, US/Middle East, respective environments, no I would not need to stoop to such acts as needless torture for vengence, gruesome public beheadings for thrills, nor would I find the need to strap a gay person to a chair and throw them off a roof. I, as most of my fellow Americans are not religious zealots looking to make things right with our maker with ruthless and wholly unneeded acts of violence.

I would do everything in my ability to fight for my country but, I am not an unbridled animal that needs retribution for all things that may or may not have hurt me, I just want the occupier out.

There, now you have an answer and with the fact that it doesn't fit your assumptions of what you would get for an answer I'm sure you will dismiss it as yet another evasive answer and continue.

Pretty good try except the second paragraph was never in my question. It was added by someone else. The origin was about an Iraqi being angry at the US and further expressed that he would kill an American who was out wandering around. I asked if the situation were reversed wouldn't you do the same..... and then everyone looses it and brings in all kinds of crap about culture, morals, religion not in the original.

So thanks Rjawn close as it gets I guess. :lol:

Just like how 9/11 attacks actually never happened.

Totally faked and then they made up the 3k of names to make it look legit. 

I, as most of my fellow Americans are not religious zealots looking to make things right with our maker with ruthless and wholly unneeded acts of violence.

Pretty good try except the second paragraph was never in my question. It was added by someone else. The origin was about an Iraqi being angry at the US and further expressed that he would kill an American who was out wandering around. I asked if the situation were reversed wouldn't you do the same..... and then everyone looses it and brings in all kinds of crap about culture, morals, religion not in the original.

The remaining part of my post quoted above does answer your question, maybe you just need to read.

A random Iraqi in your scenario would not be killed by me just for the sheer vengeance of it. I would need to know he was a righteous aggressor before I would commit an act of violence toward him/her.

Oh, and I guess I was wrong about you continuing but dead on about you dismissing it as an evasive answer lol

• Like 1

I did read it, and the answer is "no". I have never kidnapped an unarmed non-combatant and ritualisticly beheaded them. Nor will I.

The supposition that I would kidnap, torture, and kill Iraqis because I can/could is appalling Mike. I expect better from you, which is why I initially chose to ignore the comment. If you'd like to press this issue we can discuss it at Canaby in person. I won't debase myself into a debate with you on this forum.

Dont feed the troll brother.

Clearly Mike hasnt learnt his lesson after his self imposed hiatus a couple of weeks ago!

• Like 4

Culture, morals, religion, even more play into it. Say somehow Iraq invaded because we invaded Mexico. Beat us down really good like we did to them. Would we have religious leaders step up to start fighting other religious groups? Would the south raise up to fight the north? How about a skin color war? No none of it would happen. Would I kill an invader, on a personal basis yes. As part of a greater community requiring that to stop so we can rebuild, no I would not kill.

actually Soundline linked above by Ratwagon1600 is the better response.

• Like 2

Regarding the occupation discussion:

First off, I'm no history expert. Don't have a degree on paper in anything, but I've read a few books over nearly seventy years. 

Seems that I remember reading that some of the initial actions an occupying force implements in invading another entity is to seize control of their military, education, monetary, information systems (media, entertainment, etc.), and other major societal systems. 

Makes for a much cleaner digestion of the object of the occupation. Makes for much less bullets, blades, & gore.

There are those who feel that many/all of the developed countries have been occupied for a good while and it's now 'coming to a head', for lack of a better term at the moment.

News Flash !!!

'Parasite Devours Host On National News'

GLOBALISM will negate diversity.