What would you do to this truck

Guest Rick-rat

Honestly, I'd probably only do some minor cosmetic changes(not seeing the body work needed, but would address as necessary). The blue accents under the hood(coil holder, voltage regulator, relays, air cleaner, etc..) I would probably change to different colors.. maybe red or just cadmium coat the hold down, regulator and relays, then do something different for the air cleaner; I like the red/black color scheme, but the blue just clashes too much for a clean truck that's not trying to clash. As for wheels, perhaps go with painted stock steelies(probably red to match the truck) with dog dish hub caps, or find a really neat set of Japanese 6 lug wheels(wouldn't use the blue lug nuts here, either). I'd put some rubber pedal covers on the pedals, as well. I like the box(it matches the shape and color scheme of the truck), but would most likely only use it from time to time(long trips, overnight stays, etc..).

It's a super sweet, clean truck that I always enjoy seeing. I wouldn't want to do too much to it, because like Tristin said, it's basically done. I'd maintain it, detail it, garage it, take it to shows to share and enjoy the cleanest truck I'd ever owned.

• Like 2
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't make the pic show

If you were to get this truck, what would you do to it? It has an L-16 W/ Weber, and 4 speed, lowered 2 inches

Not talking about selling or any money here, just what you would do

Needs some minor body work

%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg85/Rick-rat/ca5.jpg

Do the body work and drive it, it actually looks fine in the photo.

Why you are asking is the question, I hope your alright. 

I would preserve it...  Lose the center caps...  And just enjoy it.. Park it in the garage so it stays nice....

Truck box can stay or go, I've had one in my truck and it was handy...  Till I had to haul something :| lol.

Are you going to try something new for your truck, rick?

if you're trying to mix it up, the first thing you should get a pair of these bad boys. i was going to polish and put them on my wagon

SkyGpaRenton005_zpsac3977b0.jpg

then you should put the higher overdrive ZX 5speed like i got to make to bring the RPMs down, and but wouldnt lower it be cause it probably rides like a caddy, but i dont know what rims to recommend because i dont know what rims would fit over your disk brakes

then you could take it to local meets as a different change of pace for your truck.

but definately leave it red, to go with your santa claus beard :lol:

I kinda liking the other suggestions of the Chevy rally wheels. They look great on these trucks. Not sure about the 720 tie downs...........as much as I like to use other model Datsun parts on my trucks, those just aren't working for me. 

Whatever you do it will be great. It IS a clean little truck!

• Like 1

Go ahead and gimmy dat truck rick.... I'd even sign a contract saying I couldn't sell it, stuck with it for life :rofl:

I know a guy down the street that owes me a life time full of favors... and has a nice big heated garage that would make a nice home in!  :D 

Hope all is well your way dude in all seriousness.  If you're getting bored with your truck, there's some good suggestions listed here for turning a wrench...  Also, just look at the 620 pic page.. some good ideas come about there.

I would drive it and fix any issues that came up. Maybe find some stock wheels to coat grey with stock dog dishes and beauty rings. Take it to meets and keep it clean and tuned up, then when the granddaughter is old enough she would drive it to meets for me :)

In all sincerity, if someone gave me any vehicle, either due to being I'll or just the thought that I could take care of maybe better than them, I would take care of it very well. Baby her with fresh fluids and regular tune ups. Not change a single thing except maintenance wise. Then when I get older or I'll or whatever, hand it down to someone who could do well with it, just like the person before me did.

• Like 2
Guest Rick-rat

Thanks for the replies, when the time is near I will be in touch with 3 people. If you said needs lower, you're out, l20 or other swap, you're out, change wheels, you're out, 5 speed you're out, dual carbs, you're out

Center caps and lug nut changes are OK, Big ass bumper stays, saved my rear lenses and tailgate more than once.

The 4 speed in it will cruise the freeway approx. 3900 @70 4200@ 75. so it stays 4 speed and engine to remain 1600

If I do give this truck to someone they have to meet my terms

Thanks

• Like 4

You're a good man Rick. Anyone would be honored to be gifted such a clean truck. You've already taken such good care of it.

It needs to be kept alive in the Datto scene and just maintained.

I hope this isn't an indication of something forbidding close to come. Hope all is well in the Rat House. If you're thinking of getting out in any shape, I'd let bygones be bygones and show up to Canby. We all love you Rick and would like to see you one last time. :hug:

• Like 2

It's a pleasantly tasteful clean truck you have there Rick.. well done on your part.

I'd just drive it , and maintain it the way it is (any "changes" or money should go to gas , oil , anti-freeze , grease , consumables , and repair parts)

Not a huge fan of the center caps , but that's growing on me over-time :) .

Honestly the only person that should have this truck is you..... for a long time !

" There can only be one " Rick-rat.

There's a lot of memory's that have yet to be made in this 620.