• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

I like people. I also dislike some people, but that is earned by those individuals. If I truly didn't give a shit about people, I wouldn't be here; I'd be out working on some inanimate object that can't talk or feel. I was taught at a very young age to be selfish and not value others, but have since then been on a quest to unlearn that mindset and discover what it is to truly appreciate others for who they are, not what I can obtain from them. It has been the most enriching journey I've been on, thus far. By far the most rewarding.

My wife calls me anti social. I'm not anti anything, I think I'm just very selective. To me people are just a huge salad bar where there's way to much bean and macaroni salad. I try what ever and go back for more if I like it. I don't even like the word socializing. It implies being social with everyone which includes the assholes by default. If I 'socialize' I like to 'socialize' within my own species.

Micro and my son Albert and by oldest brother Floyd should be locked in a room and see how long it takes for one of them to start a conversation.

dude I don't think I heard more than a chuckle out if Albert the entire time we were at lefties. And the chuckles were hard enough to get.

Tell him the tall crazy guy says hi

• Like 1

Micro,  my son Albert and by oldest brother Floyd should be locked in a room and see how long it takes for one of them to start a conversation.

you would die of old age first. Fill the room up with a bunch of spray painted weasels and see how long it takes one to say "huh, weird".

the people I know that run successful businesses HANG OUT alot.

They meet most there clients at bars, shows and parties. Its about connections unfortunately,  at social events some might find draining.

Don't bother drumming up business in L.A unless you enjoy smiling cramps and carry an 8 ball of coke.

"I've had mind altering conversations with homeless people and circuit court judges alike.[/background]

no surprise there. you are talking about two extraordinary groups of individuals. one does not easily rise to the level of circuit court judge nor does the average, dim-witted bourgeois live very long as a homeless person. to survive and thrive in either of their worlds takes a great bit of drive and determination that is not common amongst average folks.

honestly, the best friends I have ever had were all folks who existed outside of societal norms - bikers, fucked up veterans, wife swappers, recovering or active drug users, gang bangers, militant LGBT types, artists, musicians - and they were all very intelligent people who just did not fit any molds and who lived only to please themselves. I wasn't a part of any of their respective worlds but I wasn't repelled by them either and would ask questions about any part of their lives I found unusual and did so in a manner that (I think) conveyed my curiosity without coming across as condescending or judgmental.

at the risk of repeating a cliché, normal people scare me and they kinda bore me so I tend not to engage them in much conversation. I guess wit is what draws me to my few friends. if you can make me laugh in some fucked up way - even if it's laughing at myself - I will probably try to befriend you.

• Like 1

the people I know that run successful businesses HANG OUT alot.

They meet most there clients at bars, shows and parties. Its about connections unfortunately,  at social events some might find draining.

Don't bother drumming up business in L.A unless you enjoy smiling cramps and carry an 8 ball of coke.

Thats a deal

not sure I like the color but this is a one of a kind I'm sure nobody here has seen before.

510limo1_zps1b22b741.jpg

This thing was on LA Craigslist for like three years. It's been gone for over a year now. I wonder if some pimp bought it or if he finally scrapped it. Had an L16 four speed.

This thing was on LA Craigslist for like three years. It's been gone for over a year now. I wonder if some pimp bought it or if he finally scrapped it. Had an L16 four speed.

NO! You gotta be kidding me. I'm sure it would've popped up here. I think this is an obscure ancient relic that I have discovered.