• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at full dosage(24mg) of nicotine currently.

I'll drop down to 18 in a couple more weeks. Than 12, an so on.

20+ years of this horrible habit.

Something has got to give.

You are loaded with Nicotine right now. If you switch back to baited tar, you may end up needing more. Stay the course, stay strong. Taper that nicotine. You are saving your life!

• Like 1

This is one of them subjects that can piss people off, let me start with saying I smoked for about 10 years straight, started when I was maybe 13, and quit at 23/24, I quit smoking August 19th, 1979, I was smoking 2/3 packs of Kool super longs a day, I could not run around the block without choking, it was hard to breath, I took up Hanggliding August 26, 1979, I wanted to hangglide more than I wanted to smoke, I realized two things after that day, there are two kinds of personalities, one type is an addictive type personality, and the other type can quit things whenever they choose to, but the thing is that you really have to want to quit, down to your core, if you really want to quit down to your core, you've quit.

I quit smoking in one day, about 6 months later I had this craving to smoke a cigarette, I lite one up, took one puff and made a face, I thought to myself, "I used to smoke these things/crap", I put it out and have never touched another one since, I also did cocaine, I had cocaine for 3 years straight, everyday, it got to the point where my nose could not take it anymore, so after that I mostly smoked it, I also quit cocaine in one day, why, because I really wanted to, you have to want to quit down to your core to truly succeed, other people can't make you quit, it is something you have to want to do.

Now I am not saying that anybody can quit anything any time they want to, there are some drugs that are truly addictive, they change the way your body works, like heroin, your body quits producing natural pain killers when you have it for an extended period of time, so you have to get through withdraws, and sometimes that can kill you.

I suppose this will piss some folks off, but the thing is I am not pointing fingers, I am just saying that quitting smoking, cocaine, alcohol, is a life changing event, and you have to want to change your life, otherwise it's not going to happen.

• Like 4

You're a tweaker?

No ,, i quit all of it December 2003.. If it was ment as an insult i'm ok with that,,  as that is what i was. Among other things. Not all addicts rob your house or steal your car,, some are probably alot closer to you than you think.

I believe we were just discussing my addictive personality at Lefty's a couple Saturdays ago

. You guys saying cigarettes are soooo hard to stop.. Oh sure ,,you betcha.

Either you quit or you go through life blowing organic smoke up your own ass, there is no other..

Boo-you for not standing up to the addiction whole heartedly

:)

I hear you way no, mg dad smoked for 20 years and just stopped, he lit up a cigarette took a puff said "man this tastes like shit" and threw the whole pack out the window and has never smoked another one since. That was about 15 years ago. Its all will power, either you have it or you don't.

Stick with it, you've gotten through the toughest week. I think it is safe to say that you will at times still have cravings, this may go on for many years after quitting. But I feel if it is something you really want that you will see each day of sobriety as a victory, and to much effort to give up on and having to start over. Tell all your smoking friends that you are quitting and find a activity (re gap your points) each time they fire up.

I jones still but have a 5year old son and thereby less disposable income. I am spending $130 less a month on a habit that never really was satisfying and was never as good as the last time.

Keep reminding yourself about the health risks and count all the money that you have to save or spend on things that will really bring you joy.

Stick with it.

• Like 1

I'm one of those kooks that does not get cravings so much, I pretty much have to remind myself that I do bad shit to keep doing it. One big exception to that is what doctors will get me all fucking strung out on. I thought it would be a good idea to quit a 10 year habit of taking a bunch of k-pin every day just cold turkey. Come to find out, not really a good way to do it, I almost croaked. I rode it out and haven't had any in years, but my brain is still wired to want them, I think it will be forever, which sucks. Yaaaa pharmaceuticals.

In the late 70s my mom would give me fifty cents and have me walk to the gas station to buy her a pack of Kent 100s from the vending machine that sat just outside their front door. When they upped the price to seventy-five cents she swore she would quit if they ever hit $1 a pack. She died in 2009, still smoking two packs a day. In the 54 years she smoked i don't think she ever once tried to quit. So long as she had her cigarettes & instant coffee she was happy and eventually those became what she lived for. I credit her unwavering addiction to tobacco to keeping me off the stuff. God love ya for trying to get off the stuff. Nowadays, it's chemically engineered to keep you hooked.

Here is my own personal (and not to be taken as advice) fucked up take on the whole deal of being healthy. To me, it's pay off has limits. In other words, do I want to live to be 95 eating some sort of spicy dust while running in place or do I want to shorten that up and actually enjoy myself and things.

Now, I don't go out of my way to shove chemicals in my body, like a lot of store bought food, but the real reason I don't eat it is I think it tastes like ass. What I eat just also has the side effect of being healthy.

I do keep myself in good shape and aside from my injuries received while expanding the American empire, I am healthy. I can run flat out for quite a distance and still breath through my nose. I do smoke and will never defend it by telling you some story of a guy I knew that lived to be 100 and smoked 5 packs a day. The fact is, it's terrible for me, has a 99.9% chance of shortening my life but I enjoy it, so it's the price I am willing to pay. I do smoke natural, untreated tobacco, but again, I just like it better, I have no delusions of it being safe.

Besides, I have been officially reported as k.i.a twice, so I'm already ahead of the game.

• Like 1