"You are not allowed to visit this community"?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wut

fry.png

I own 2 Hondas, both are autos.I drive them for their reliability. Bone stock 97 Accord with 278,000.

I'm sure I hate driving cuz I been doing it for the past 15 years and have over 2 million miles doing so, in trucks.

I don't mind autos at all, I get plenty of shifting practice with my 13 speed at work.

AreYouKiddingMe.png

Dumbass

you missed the point, driving is not something that you should just "not mind" doing it should be an experience that the driver is involved with. I don't actually hate you it is more of an observation of cars that it is not possible to enjoy driving. lol don't take it all to seriously Jayden  with your condescending baloony face guy all looking down on me with the utmost contempt. 

Ideally it would be preferrable to enjoy driving. This could also include driving an automatic when tired or in traffic because it's just easier. I have on the other hand driven a '69 440 magnum Charger that was automatic.... it was fun too. Enjoyment is mostly from the interaction of you and the vehicle. You tell it what to do, it does it and there's feedback that you decide to correct or not. Clutch peddle, tach, shifter, steering, sound and sight. At some point this can become work, as in driving a large truck but you get the idea. The make of vehicle does not automatically exclude you from enjoying it.... even if you are in a Miata.

So people with automatics cant enjoy driving? :confused: Man, I guess Ive been doing it wrong this whole time and all the cruises Ive been on really arent as fun as I thought. Sure glad I have you around to prove me otherwise. 

I was more referring to hondas. once again good hearted shit talking not 100% serious if we were talking in person I would hand you a beer! assuming it wasnt 10:54 in the morning..... 6 more minuits and it would be on though lol

Ideally it would be preferrable to enjoy driving. This could also include driving an automatic when tired or in traffic because it's just easier. I have on the other hand driven a '69 440 magnum Charger that was automatic.... it was fun too. Enjoyment is mostly from the interaction of you and the vehicle. You tell it what to do, it does it and there's feedback that you decide to correct or not. Clutch peddle, tach, shifter, steering, sound and sight. At some point this can become work, as in driving a large truck but you get the idea. The make of vehicle does not automatically exclude you from enjoying it.... even if you are in a Miata.

whats wrong with a miata other than the obvious stigma they are rear drive and are availible in a manual thats why there is so many classes based around them in scca!

. once again good hearted shit talking not 100% serious if we were talking in person I would hand you a beer! assuming it wasnt 10:54 in the morning..... 6 more minuits and it would be on though lol

Got cha!

They're like humping a fat chick..... great fun until your friends see you in one.

• Like 1

i like my automatic VW passat when i was commuting 100 miles everyday sitting in seattle traffic. I've made the trip lots of times in my s30... sitting in interstate gridlock in that thing is NOT fun. same with my 620. when i have to be someplace i drive an automatic. when i want to be someplace i drive a datsun. 

i can appreciate a well put together car. I'm all for taking whatever car you have and making it your own. but hondas are just too fast and furious for me. its not honda's fault. i tend to look down upon a car you can take (more exactly...has been taken) to the wallmart automotive section for a "tune"

Well you know what I say about Honda: At least it's not a fucking Toyota!!!! :D

Whoa whoa whoa! Say that one more time mother fucker! (Enter Samuel Jackson from pulp fiction voice.)

Haha. At least Toyotas have more potential than Hondas!

Don't lock it. Hating on other brands is good fun.

Honda builds good quality motorbikes, lawnmowers, brushcutters, gensets, etc. If they built a car that was driven by the rear wheels, that didn't cost an arm and a leg, I might own one.

But IMO, any wrong wheel drive is a disposable, plastic POS. Stick or auto. There are way more 72 Datsuns around, than 72 Hondas or 75 rabbits. Not saying they cant hit 300k on the clock. But when they're done they're done. Throw it away with the huffy bike and the empty can of cheezwiz.  

I was more referring to hondas. once again good hearted shit talking not 100% serious if we were talking in person I would hand you a beer! assuming it wasnt 10:54 in the morning..... 6 more minuits and it would be on though lol

No you wouldn't cuz he looks about 17 ,, if he comes off as dorky on here,,, trust me he's waaaaaay  dorkier in person.

I have been around for a while.  I was driving a 521 in the 1970's, when Honda had just introduced what I think it was a N600.  Then Honda started making more useful sized cars. 

Back then it you had a Honda automobile, it probably HAD to have the timing belt changed, and a valve job, around 40,000 miles.  And every 40,000 miles after that.  But Honda has gotten better.

Datsuns were a lot more reliable, and durable.  I think at that time, Datsun was even (arguably) making better cars and trucks than Toyota.