Free Redbanner poll

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Free Redbanner  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Aloow him to speak his mind,he has done alot for this place

• Yes free him
    • No

This is just one of many reasons,and a very valid one

Misinformation(about parts,what will it fity etc) that will,and has led/or will lead to new threads being started, you get someone new here, they buy a part from XXX

the part is wrng,they couldnt ask a question.So now they are still on the hunt.

There is alot on needed input to a classified,If the seller or buyer really do not know what they have or are looking for

Then use the question feature or PM them. Its not like you cant relay information still. 

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Then use the question feature or PM them. Its not like you cant relay information still. 

its not me I am worried about..I dont have to ask what will fit this or that..remember I have been into Datsuns longer than you have been around :sneaky:

If the new guy takes whomevers word for it,and its wrong..then what?

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Apparently not... everyone still have the same capability. 

Edit: Nevermind. Im over this topic. Keep on doing whatever youre doing. Ive moved passed it. Have fun continuing to squeak. 

So you are saying..

A new guy wants to buy something

He then sends a message to this seller.

The seller says yes it is the right part

The new guy buys it

It arrives,and it is the wrong part

then what?

Squeak.

just start a poll for keeping or changing classifieds 

BECAUSE YOU CAN and then see where it goes 

it doesn't mean there will be any change but maybe it will settle the take a pole question 

• Like 1

So you are saying..

The new guy buys it

then what?

Squeak.

Then the seller is culpable and has a duty to refund money plus cost of shipping both ways.  If he doesn't, then he is a scammer and gets the book thrown at him, and scammers don't tell the truth in discussion forums anyways.   You make it sound like this is a common occurrence, but I think you're just fishing for reasons to hate the changes.  For your lack of discussions you now get better organization, better structured layout of all ads, and ability for everyone to easily upload pictures, which should take care of most of your primary concern.

I know some people have been offended, or whatever you want to call it, by my throwing out the term immature, but I stand by it.  To participate in sales one should be mature enough to handle them.  People should know what they're buying, know what they're selling, know they have money in the bank to pay for or to have shipped, be able to ship in a timely manner, etc.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Then the seller is culpable and has a duty to refund money plus cost of shipping both ways.  If he doesn't, then he is a scammer and gets the book thrown at him, and scammers don't tell the truth in discussion forums anyways.   You make it sound like this is a common occurrence, but I think you're just fishing for reasons to hate the changes.  For your lack of discussions you now get better organization, better structured layout of all ads, and ability for everyone to easily upload pictures, which should take care of most of your primary concern.

I know some people have been offended, or whatever you want to call it, by my throwing out the term immature, but I stand by it. 

Well we all know very well scammers are out there(and no I am not saying anyone here)

But I do know alot of people will end up saying buyer beware...

I am saying it may very well start being a common occurance,because the parts may be wrong

I could care less what someone says, I state things the way I see them.

if that offends someone.But I too stand by it

This is so much fun! Its been hilarious! better than insomniacs!

I like reading everybody's logic, and seeing their reading comprehension. 

I like to think how much longer this could go on! And about how it all started.

I honestly think Banners posts have been hilarious the last few days, its great to see how worked up people get.

So you are saying..

The new guy buys it

then what?

Squeak.

Then its the buyers fault. We should all stone him, make fun of him, flame him. Make him feel belittled, ashamed, stupid and never want to come back here again! Oh wait. That bullshit goes on now.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Then its the buyers fault. We should all stone him, make fun of him, flame him. Make him feel belittled, ashamed, stupid and never want to come back here again! Oh wait. That bullshit goes on now.

Agreed

This is so much fun! Its been hilarious! better than insomniacs!

I like reading everybody's logic, and seeing their reading comprehension.

I like to think how much longer this could go on! And about how it all started.

I honestly think Banners posts have been hilarious the last few days, its great to see how worked up people get.

Right. Failed to see the sarcasm and joking. Poor fellas. Self control would have made them just skip and ignore his posts. Instead they assumed nobody wanted to see his posts, abused powers and banned him. Thanks for making that call for me mods, can you come wipe my ass now?

Right. Failed to see the sarcasm and joking. Poor fellas. Self control would have made them just skip and ignore his posts. Instead they assumed nobody wanted to see his posts, abused powers and banned him. Thanks for making that call for me mods, can you come wipe my ass now?

You don't need to wipe, though.  Your bunghole is so loose it just falls out without touching :D

matt, this is why I have a problem with the discussion taken out of the classifieds. second post. http://community.ratsun.net/topic/55292-s110-h190-with-disc-brakes/. now if you were new with a 510 wagon, surfing thru to see what parts were for sale, saw this and got curious so you clicked on it, and saw that post you might get excited, and you've learned something new.  with the way things are now, you'd more likely see what it was, go "well that's cool" and call it a day. if you were really inspired you'd look up what an s110 is, and upon seeing it wasn't a 510, 610, 710, or 810 (the ones that would easily come to mind for interchange) would go "well, that's cool" and call it a day. 99 out of 100 people would not go far enough to start researching if it would interchange.  yes that is a laziness problem to an extent, but it doesn't overly make sense that it would pretty much bolt in which is why most people would stop. 

I have been such a slack mod this past year, that I feel like I shouldn't comment, but I will say, classifieds has always been the hardest to manage forum here. It caused the most problems of any area, consistently. it needed the most babysitting.

We talked about ways to fix it or change it for years. Made rules, hoped people would read them. Some followed them, but I handed out more warnings there than anywhere else. We thought about modeling if after the HAMB which allowed for no comments and certainly no shit talking. But we didn't want to lose the comments as there was some valuable stuff there.

So don't think this was a arbitrary decision. This change was years in the making. And it was a direct result of the community and how the last classifieds were used. So whether you got a voice in this specific decision or not, we all contributed to it happening or I wouldn't have had to happen.

Heh I didn't even know it happened and wondered why my 521 sale thread was stuck at teh top and no one else was selling anything. But when I figured it out, I knew instantly why it finally happened, and totally understood it.

Is it perfect? Obviously not yet. But I am all for less babysitting.

uote>

• Like 3

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/55261-mikuni-phh44-with-extras/

another one, 2nd and 3rd posts. the 2nd one is even one of those dreaded "glws" posts.  but it tells me that todd walrich from wolf creek racing does good business, and that getting a mikuni carb set redone there is gonna run me over 800 bucks.  if I have a grand and am looking for a place to get my mikunis rebuilt, I now have a starting point from 2 references. and yes I realize using h190 as a reference probably isn't the best idea :rofl: but it makes my point.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

I have been such a slack mod this past year, that I feel like I shouldn't comment, but I will say, classifieds has always been the hardest to manage forum here. It caused the most problems of any area, consistently. it needed the most babysitting.

We talked about ways to fix it or change it for years. Made rules, hoped people would read them. Some followed them, but I handed out more warnings there than anywhere else. We thought about modeling if after the HAMB which allowed for no comments and certainly no shit talking. But we didn't want to lose the comments as there was some valuable stuff there.

So don't think this was a arbitrary decision. This change was years in the making. And it was a direct result of the community and how the last classifieds were used. So whether you got a voice in this specific decision or not, we all contributed to it happening or I wouldn't have had to happen.

Is it perfect? Obviously not yet.

Well, I am glad you have taken the time to post.

There are other alternatives,as have been suggested.

I think the biggest issue,is that things like this should have been discussed out in the open.

And if someone was at fault screwing around in classifieds,then a warning or a temp ban all around(myself included) No questions asked.