Free Redbanner poll

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Free Redbanner  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Aloow him to speak his mind,he has done alot for this place

• Yes free him
    • No

I did edit,my post

My statement still stands. No one has called you a troll... 

I would think,that as "big" as ratsun has become...

There would be, better and more informed(for all members) options

You just said its only a couple hundred active people... now its "big." If you cant figure out how to see an active topic at the top of New Content or the top of General, then maybe you shouldnt be voting. You gave people the chance to speak their mind with your poll and the moderator team gave everyone a chance to speak their mind on the change and guess what? Neither matters. Adam is still on his temp vacation and the classifieds are still here. 

Regardless of how it should be thats the way it is.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lou.

I'm making no comment either way on Red, but would like to add a personal observation.

Many people (yourself included) have made some good points about community, democratic process and the right to have an opinion heard and acted upon if warranted.

I view Ratsun as similar to when I played ice hockey and was an amateur boxer (many years ago I must say). In both sporting pursuits I was part of a team, belonged to a community, voiced my opinion, and had a right to have my opinion heard.

One small thing though, ultimately I was bound by the rules administered by someone called a referee who held the final decision making power. If we had a goal scored against us and believed play was not appropriate, as a team we would voice our opinion to the Ref. The thing was though, whether we felt he/she made the right decision, their decision was final and we abided by it.

Boxing was no different, hell I had a number of fights awarded against me by blind judges (at least I reckoned they were blind). Did I voice an opinion?, at times yes I did. The one thing at the end of the day, no matter what my thoughts, my coaches thoughts, or my team mates thoughts were, we abided by the decision. Did the Refs get it wrong, absolutely, on some occasions they did, but, we still accepted their decision.

I view the mods on this forum the same as I did the referees.

My two cents worth.

• Like 2

. I dont like the new classifieds either Lou... but I at least figured out that no matter what we say, its not going to change. So I moved on, made a few FS ads, and learned to live with it. It would have been nice if they asked how we felt prior to the shift, but they didnt. Maybe for the next change they will try it out... one can only hope.

you know my opinions on the new classifieds. I use them and understand that the old ones shall not return but that does not prevent me, or others, from voicing ourselves publicly.

kiwi

Guest 510kamikazifreak

My statement still stands. No one has called you a troll... 

Fair enough, I misread,and I edited :sneaky:

You just said its only a couple hundred active people...

Well it has been brought up,that too much spam,and crap posts in the old classifieds,so it must be big right?

If you cant figure out how to see an active topic at the top of New Content or the top of General

Some older members,really dont get all the technical mumbo jumbo of pewters,myself included

You gave people the chance to speak their mind with your poll and the moderator team gave everyone a chance to speak their mind on the change and guess what? Neither matters.

It really should matter., Members make it a community

Well, I didn't read the whole thread, but I became shocked when I found out that I agree with something jalen said...

Lets stop all the bitchin, and start wrenchin!

However, I will get lightly involved because I vote to free banner. Come on guys, lets just chill out and roll with it. We are all here cause of the information ratsun provides and the luls and conversations we have here. Banner has been helpful to so many people here, it is a shame to silence him.

So what he is upset about the changes? Many other members are as well. Do we silence helpful members because they disagree with the changes?

From a new member, please stop all the bickering, let people have their freedom of speech, and get back to Datsuns. Afterall, thats why we all joined right?

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Lou.

I'm making no comment either way on Red, but would like to add a personal observation.

Many people (yourself included) have made some good points about community, democratic process and the right to have an opinion heard and acted upon if warranted.

I view Ratsun as similar to when I played ice hockey and was an amateur boxer (many years ago I must say). In both sporting pursuits I was part of a team, belonged to a community, voiced my opinion, and had a right to have my opinion heard.

One small thing though, ultimately I was bound by the rules administered by someone called a referee who held the final decision making power. If we had a goal scored against us and believed play was not appropriate, as a team we would voice our opinion to the Ref. The thing was though, whether we felt he/she made the right decision, their decision was final and we abided by it.

Boxing was no different, hell I had a number of fights awarded against me by blind judges (at least I reckoned they were blind). Did I voice an opinion?, at times yes I did. The one thing at the end of the day, no matter what my thoughts, my coaches thoughts, or my team mates thoughts were, we abided by the decision. Did the Refs get it wrong, absolutely, on some occasions they did, but, we still accepted their decision.

I view the mods on this forum the same as I did the referees.

My two cents worth.

Fair enough Jason

But I still think a vote should be in order :rofl: :sneaky:

you know my opinions on the new classifieds. I use them and understand that the old ones shall not return but that does not prevent me, or others, from voicing ourselves publicly.

kiwi

Are you guys really that thick? No one has ever said people cant have opinions or a voice. Its a public forum, every can have an opinion. If we didnt none of these threads would have lasted longer than a page. Its HOW Banner went about it. Thats the problem. Its not like he simply said the forum sucks and he was then promptly kicked out. 

Some older members,really dont get all the technical mumbo jumbo of pewters,myself included

There is no techincal mumbo jumbo to finding a single link thats on every page right under the search box. If youre an active enough member then youve seen the link and you know where the general section is. If its a top thread and not way buried then youre smart enough to see it. The moderator team doesnt have to hold your hand to see things like that. Now deep profile setting to change all sorts of things around I can see older or compluter unfriendly members having problems with. New Content?- not so much.

It really should matter., Members make it a community

It should matter, I 100% agree with you on that topic. But the truth is it doesnt. And the lowest, simplest description of the issue with Adam is not that he said something. Its HOW he said something. Then continued to say it over and over and over and over and over and over. A cool conversation voicing your opinion is great. Running around talking shit and being a troll trying to smash your opinion into people faces and constantly making rude snarky comments over the situation is not how things get properly dealt with.

I can have the opinion that Im not a fan of blacks. I can even say that civily. I cant go around finding all the black members and just call every a nigger. Then make threads talking shit about them and the such. Have a voice, dont be a hate filled jackass. Its simple. (hypothetical situation)

Well would you look at that.

You fucks bitch about threads being taken over, derailed, spiraling down hill. And look where you took it.  This thread is about freeing banner. Not about politics, how big your dick is.  For fucks sake.

Maybe he wasn't very nice, but he wasn't fucking trolling.

If you guys don't like his shit, ignore him. He posted a how to just so you could do so.  Mods, really? Just cuz you don't like mr negativity or him stating his opinion, ignore his posts.  It's called self control. Just cuz you have the power to silence someone when they say something you don't like, doesn't mean you need to take it.

I know you guys are fair, believe me I KNOW. I should have been banned many times, and a quick PM changes my attitude mighty fast.  You've been more than fair with me in the past.  

510freak,  Keep at it, don't let the man get you down.  Maybe if banner wasn't silenced his friends wouldn't have to defend him. 

Are you guys really that thick? No one has ever said people cant have opinions or a voice. Its a public forum, every can have an opinion. If we didnt none of these threads would have lasted longer than a page. Its HOW Banner went about it. Thats the problem. Its not like he simply said the forum sucks and he was then promptly kicked out. 

Yeah, but if people don't like your opinion you are labeled a whiny bitch.  So why should we be subjected to that for having an opinion?

Maybe he wasn't very nice, maybe he was JUST trying to lighten the mood a little with some sarcasm that wasn't seen, because will this is the internet.

He is my friend, ill stand by my friends right or wrong. I do see where everyone is coming from, mods included.  Just think that this is unjust.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

510freak,  Keep at it, don't let the man get you down.  Maybe if banner wasn't silenced his friends wouldn't have to defend him. 

Never going to happen. :w00t:

I got a voice, I usually,make jokes,post boobs,but now.. :rofl:

This is a long standing issue, I refuse to bow out

• Like 1
Guest 510kamikazifreak

There is no techincal mumbo jumbo to finding a single link thats on every page right under the search box. If youre an active enough member then youve seen the link and you know where the general section is. If its a top thread and not way buried then youre smart enough to see it. The moderator team doesnt have to hold your hand to see things like that. Now deep profile setting to change all sorts of things around I can see older or compluter unfriendly members having problems with. New Content?- not so much.

More so the changes,(some of us are techtards you know) I tried the new classifieds communication thing last night..

I dont like it one bit..

It should matter, I 100% agree with you on that topic. But the truth is it doesnt. And the lowest, simplest description of the issue with Adam is not that he said something. Its HOW he said something. Then continued to say it over and over and over and over and over and over. A cool conversation voicing your opinion is great. Running around talking shit and being a troll trying to smash your opinion into people faces and constantly making rude snarky comments over the situation is not how things get properly dealt with.

Yes it should :thumbup:

I dont talk shit(I know you are not pointing at me) But I do stand up for things I care about.

It was not properly dealt with(the change) it was slid in one night.

More so the changes,(some of us are techtards you know) I tried the new classifieds communication thing last night..

I dont like it one bit..

But its not hard is it? You click on the questions tab and ask a question. When its answered you receive a notification about your answer.

It was not properly dealt with(the change)

That can be said about both sides which circles perfectly around to why Banner was on vacation. Both sides should have dealt with it differently. Mods should have acted differently before the change and some members should have acted differently after the change.

I dont see how everyone cant drop all this nonsense and go back to Ratsun. The classifieds are hear to stay and everyone has voiced their opinion. If its something you cant absolutely deal with, then no one is requiring you to stay here. Many of us has decided to make due with the changes because we like it hear enough to get over the situation. Its not the end of the world, we will survive.

Maybe in the future the Mods will remember what happened and make some changes on how they handle updates. Does everyone see that at this point in time, nothing is going to change with this situation? Can we just move on?

Guest 510kamikazifreak

But its not hard is it? You click on the questions tab and ask a question. When its answered you receive a notification about your answer.

another annoyance, and it should not be, Un-community oriented.If I wanted that, I would go elsewhere right?

That can be said about both sides which circles perfectly around to why Banner was on vacation. Both sides should have dealt with it differently. Mods should have acted differently before the change and some members should have acted differently after the change.

I agree,but there is no saying things cannot be undone.

I dont see how everyone cant drop all this nonsense and go back to Ratsun. The classifieds are hear to stay and everyone has voiced their opinion. If its something you cant absolutely deal with, then no one is requiring you to stay here. Many of us has decided to make due with the changes because we like it hear enough to get over the situation. Its not the end of the world, we will survive.

I usually dont say alot in type of situation, But this time I have too.and want too.

Maybe in the future the Mods will remember what happened and make some changes on how they handle updates. Does everyone see that at this point in time, nothing is going to change with this situation?

I hope they can learn.

Things happened and have been said,by alot of parties, I dont hold a grudge  nor do I judge.

But when I do not agree with something, I will do my damned best to rectify it.

Can we just move on?

And call a vote,why sure we can :w00t:

I agree,but there is no saying things cannot be undone.

But it has been said... there is no going back to the old ways. You do not have the power and I do not have the power to change it. Its set in stone, its not going anywhere.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

But it has been said... there is no going back to the old ways. You do not have the power and I do not have the power to change it. Its set in stone, its not going anywhere.

squeaky wheel gets the grease

My most favorite quote

My most favorite quote

You can keep saying that all you want, but it wont change. Dont you think that with all the trouble and dissent thats been going on lately, that if the mods wanted to, they would just go back? But they are not... so no matter how squeaky you are, you will not get what you want. 

I vote (Im allowed to right) that you guys take all this effort youre putting towards trying to sway an immovable object, and learn to use the new system, make some suggestions for tweaks, and get back to everyone being friends. You will get more satisfaction in that then you will going down this path. At least with my way you can still sell parts, read up on build threads, and get a bit of satisfaction that youre moving forward. 

The way youre continuing youre just going to be grumpy forever with no resolution. If thats what you want, then so be it. I just thought youd like to continue along with Ratsun and keep on keeping on. 

Guest 510kamikazifreak
You can keep saying that all you want, but it wont change. Dont you think that with all the trouble and dissent thats been going on lately, that if the mods wanted to, they would just go back? But they are not... so no matter how squeaky you are, you will not get what you want.

Mods can advise,Thomas and Jeff right?

It is an add-on,it can be removed,and reverted to the original forum

I vote (Im allowed to right) that you guys take all this effort youre putting towards trying to sway an immovable object, and learn to use the new system, make some suggestions for tweaks, and get back to everyone being friends. You will get more satisfaction in that then you will going down this path. At least with my way you can still sell parts, read up on build threads, and get a bit of satisfaction that youre moving forward.

Sure you can vote, I am all for that.

But, to dissolve a forum(classifeds)that actually worked(if the comments were kept to a min and on topic,and spam was non issue) Is not a step forward

It is a step in the wrong direction.

The way youre continuing youre just going to be grumpy forever with no resolution. If thats what you want, then so be it. I just thought youd like to continue along with Ratsun and keep on keeping on.

I am in no way grumpy, but I am stating facts as I see them.

So lay down and just take it? Don't make waves? Learn to accept life as it comes? how very Tao of you Tristin. Is that what your military service has taught you?

HomerLao-Tzu_zps43113668.jpg

Mods can advise,Thomas and Jeff right?

It is an addon,it can be removed,and reverted to the original forum

Yes, its physically possible to revert back to normal. It wont be though... thats the point. 

So lay down and just take it? Don't make waves? Learn to accept life as it comes? how very Tao of you Tristin. Is that what your military service has taught you?

So now youre personally attacking people? If you do not have something constructive to say, you should probably keep quiet. If you feel to continue to argue over the classifieds, none of the moderators will lose sleep over it. You will just be arguing with no resolution. Have fun. 

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Yes, its physically possible to revert back to normal. It wont be though... thats the point. 

Well, I think, that the powers that be,need to discuss with Thomas and Jeff,and give everyone a chance to take a poll on the issue.

I bet more would voice there opinion silently by way of a vote

Well, I think, that the powers that be,need to discuss with Thomas and Jeff,and give everyone a chance to take a poll on the issue.

I bet more would voice there opinion silently by way of a vote

Then that vote will be ignored and the classifieds will stay. Just because you allow a vote doesnt mean they have to do anything about it. It wont change that the classifieds are still the immovable object.