Guest 510kamikazifreak

Free Redbanner  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Aloow him to speak his mind,he has done alot for this place

• Yes free him
    • No

I do...

And I stand up for something or someone,that I believe in

pretty low not care about all that he's done for so many people on the forum.. 

What you two are saying is that no matter how fucked up your Ratsun forum presence is, you can get away with it because youre a nice guy in person? Then why arent you screaming and making threads when JRock gets a vacation? He bends over backwards for a lot of members, gives away parts if members need it, will come pick you up when you have flats, drove 2 hrs to drop off a valve cover at 3am, etc...

Not a single person is calling Adam a shitty guy. We all know what hes done for the community, but that doesnt give you a right to act like a jackass on the forum repeatedly (and thats saying something because we have a high tolerance to jackassery here). 

And yes, hes also the main person standing up for the forum changes and no thats not why hes being called a whiny member. Its how he went about it. He was civil in the begining and then just spiraled out of control. Many people have pointed out his personality shift and how derogatory and whiny all his posts were. Stating your opinion and being a complete idiot are totally different. 

He could have gone about it completely different and might have gotten something in return. Eventually though you need to see that obviously nothing here is going to change... no matter how large the voice is. The moderator team has started what changed will be staying and what will be going and thats that. Look at the 70 pages of bitching about it and still... nothing changed. You can argue until youre blue in the face, but if who youre arguing with wont EVER change their position, why argue? More on and deal with it. 

I also dont think anyone is perma-banning Banner either. Im sure he will be allowed back, but after he cools off. We need more "in real life" members like him... just not his lately. Give him some time to unwind and maybe the waters will calm down. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

What you two are saying is that no matter how fucked up your Ratsun forum presence is, you can get away with it because hes a nice guy in person? Then why arent you screaming and making threads when JRock gets a vacation? He bends over backwards for a lot of members, gives away parts if members need it, will come pick you up when you have flats, drove 2 hrs to drop off a valve cover at 3am, etc...

Not a single person is calling Adam a shitty guy. We all know what hes done for the community, but that doesnt give you a right to act like a jackass on the forum repeatedly. 

And yes, hes also the main person standing up for the forum changes and no thats not why hes being called a whiny member. Its how he went about it. He was civil in the begining and then just spiraled out of control. Many people have pointed out his personality shift and how derogatory and whiny all his posts were. Stating your opinion and being a complete idiot are totally different. 

He could have gone about it completely different and might have gotten something in return. Eventually though you need to see that obviously nothing here is going to change... no matter how large the voice is. The moderator team has started what changed will be staying and what will be going and thats that. Look at the 70 pages of bitching about it and still... nothing changed. You can argue until youre blue in the face, but if who youre arguing with wont EVER change their position, why argue? More on and deal with it. 

I also dont think anyone is perma-banning Banner either. Im sure he will be allowed back, but after he cools off. We need more "in real life" members like him... just not his lately. Give him some time to unwind and maybe the waters will calm down. 

Well,There is alot of fucked up Ratsun presence,that goes un-dealt with,and it should be.

That said, I did say I will stand up for anyone or anything I believe in..And if I would have seen or known about jrock..then yes I would

The classifieds could have been dealt with alot differently too :sneaky:

When you are part of a community, should your opinions be heard?

I still say vote on the classifieds... as a community :sneaky:

Well,There is alot of fucked up Ratsun presence,that goes un-dealt with,and it should be.

Agreed.

That said, I did say I will stand up for anyone or anything I believe in..And if I would have seen or known about jrock..then yes I would

Its a long time running joke that JRock gets banned repeatedly and it gets brought up every time he comes back... not a single time has anyone protested it. Im not saying anyone should...

The classifieds could have been dealt with alot differently too :sneaky:

Agreed.

When you are part of a community, should your opinions be heard?

They should and his were. There probably isnt a single active member on this site that doesnt know his opinion. It was heard and because the Moderation Team wasnt going to change the classifieds it was passed over. He voiced his opinion and it didnt matter. Then he just sprialed into a giant hissy fit and acted immature. Being an idiot isnt covered under everyone should have their opinion heard.

I still say vote on the classifieds... as a community :sneaky:

Once again... not going to happen. I dont evenknow why people still bring up changing the classifieds system. Its obvious its not going to change.

See what seems to be lost is that banner was banned for continuous negative posts and then targeting a member in a negative way with a whole how to all within a relatively short time span right after talking a bunch of shit about quitting and wanting his stuff deleted. Thats unacceptable by any standard idc what forum or family or community etc... He was back in less then 24 hours anyway no? So get over it. 

Forums are a community of thought and ideas on a given subject but they arent a democracy. That whole false idea should just be forgotten about. A forum is run the way the administrators/creators/owners see fit and thats the end of it. Now if they are smart they will listen to the masses to ensure the forum members remain happy and the site popular. You know what? They did. Yes some people had issues, the point was brought up multiple times that that group of people with complaints is a tiny percentage of the site. There isnt a need for a nonsense vote, there are thousands of members and only a hand full cared enough to post about it. Even so some of those issues were worked on! Thats cut and dry, less have a problem with it then dont, the end, move on. 

So much crying over spilled milk its amazing. Go update your build threads or ask/answer some questions. Start some topics that are fruit for thought and convo, stop with this stupid hs bullshit already. Even tits and picard didnt end it! 

• Like 2
Guest 510kamikazifreak

How is it a community(per say)

If we do not have a chance to give our input?

I am pretty sure that alot of people would like to vote on the classifieds..But they have been given no chance

Whats the harm if there is a vote?(and I mean a true vote,no one uses alias or the like)

If it is voted stay with the new,then so be it,but at least let all active members have a chance to

• Like 1

You didnt have a chance to give your input? Whats this thread? What were the multiple classified threads? Same goes for all active members, voices were heard, choices were made. Its really that hard to get over? The harm in a vote is a lot of active members have lives and arent caught up or care to be caught up in all this bullshit they just come and use the site as it is without crying about it. An amazing concept I know but lots of people are doing it just fine.

Majority > Minority = The End 

Guest 510kamikazifreak

You didnt have a chance to give your input? Whats this thread?

It is my voice yes.

Why not let all be included in a community descision?

Seems fair to me.

The results of this thread is that less then 1% of the members complained about something and unless I'm mistaken got there way. So what are you still going on about? Is this now yet another classifieds thread or what? 

Once again its not a community decision, Idk if you keep ignoring that fact or dont understand it. The community does not own, maintain or even with the few donations pay for ratsun.

Go buy a server, domain all that good stuff, start a forum, get lots of people to come keep it active and then you can be the one to chooses what to do. Until then continue to use this FREE service with a smile on your face.   

It is my voice yes.

Why not let all be included in a community descision?

Seems fair to me.

There was a community discussion... where the hell have you been Lou?! This is like the 5th thread to spiral into classifieds bullshit. There wasnt a thread prior to the change, but if a community discussion would have changed that, then the 5 or more threads afterwards with something like 60 accumulative pages of comments would have changed it. 

This is an open forum. Everyone had a chance to talk about it, voice their opinion in A POSITIVE manner. The mods didnt feel a need to change back. End of story. 

• Like 1
Guest 510kamikazifreak

There was a community discussion... where the hell have you been Lou?! This is like the 5th thread to spiral into classifieds bullshit. There wasnt a thread prior to the change, but if a community discussion would have changed that, then the 5 or more threads afterwards with something like 60 accumulative pages of comments would have changed it. 

This is an open forum. Everyone had a chance to talk about it, voice their opinion in A POSITIVE manner. The mods didnt feel a need to change back. End of story. 

Was there an actual vote?

NO...

there was mud slinging(as some are trying here..(maybe me too)

But an actual, unbiased descision? made for by all members? NO

There was one day,the old classifieds,and the next am...the new...

Guest 510kamikazifreak

The results of this thread is that less then 1% of the members complained about something and unless I'm mistaken got there way. So what are you still going on about? Is this now yet another classifieds thread or what? 

Once again its not a community decision, Idk if you keep ignoring that fact or dont understand it. The community does not own, maintain or even with the few donations pay for ratsun.

Poll: Free Redbanner (53 member(s) have cast votes)
Aloow him to speak his mind,he has done alot for this place
  1. bullet_star_rated.png Yes free him (42 votes [79.25%])

2. No (11 votes [20.75%])

Hmm..

and typical reply form you

Go buy a server, domain all that good stuff, start a forum, get lots of people to come keep it active and then you can be the one to chooses what to do. Until then continue to use this FREE service with a smile on your face.  

Was there an actual vote?

NO...

I didnt say there was a vote. I said there was a discussion. 

Poll: Free Redbanner (53 member(s) have cast votes)

Aloow him to speak his mind,he has done alot for this place

1. bullet_star_rated.png Yes free him (42 votes [79.25%])

3. No (11 votes [20.75%])

He has already spoke his mind... why do you think he was banned? He continually spoke his mind like an idiot. Things would have been a lot different if he spoke with a cool demeanor and attitude. He wasnt banned for no reason. 

Guest 510kamikazifreak

I didnt say there was a vote. I said there was a discussion. 

He has already spoke his mind... why do you think he was banned? He continually spoke his mind like an idiot. Things would have been a lot different if he spoke with a cool demeanor and attitude. He wasnt banned for no reason. 

And was it a community descision? NO............. are we a community? Not now :sneaky:(if we are unable to make a group descision)

And I think this poll speaks in volumes

There are just shy of 16k members and only 53 people gave a shit to vote on this nonsense, THREE subscribers. Out of those 53 only 42 wanted something done... and it was. Yet somehow you are still not happy lol. Indeed this does speak volumes. 

I'm done with this thread. Its like trying to have a conversation with a parrot. It cant/won't understand what your saying and can only say the same things over and over in response. 

Guest 510kamikazifreak

There are just shy of 16k members and only 53 people gave a shit to vote on this nonsense. Out of those 53 only 42 wanted something done... and it was done. Yet somehow you are still not happy lol. Indeed this does speak volumes. 

I'm done with this thread. Its like trying to have a conversation with a parrot. It cant/won't understand what your saying and can only say the same things over and over in response. 

Inflated numbers...

Actual active is a couple hundred.

And was it a community descision? NO............. are we a community? Not now :sneaky:(if we are unable to make a group descision)

And I think this poll speaks in volumes

I dont understand how youre not getting this man... the change wasnt a community based decision and its not required to be. But they let everyone discuss it afterwards... they have let multiple threads go on for many pages with people making comments and such about it. They listened and felt it didnt change anything. Its going to be the same with a poll. We will all vote and regardless of the outcome the classifieds will stay. 

This poll does speak volumes. It says that people can run around like an idiot doing and saying whatever they want, spreading discontent everywhere and not be held accountable for their actions. Thats what people feel is appropriate here. Everyone should be allowed some freedom to have fun and let loose, but when your only content for posting is how much this place sucks and youve become an actuall internet troll then you need a mandatory short vacation. 

That should go for ANY member regarless of how valuable to the community. New, senior, American, Canadian, member, moderator... 

• Like 2
Guest 510kamikazifreak

I dont understand how youre not getting this man... the change wasnt a community based decision and its not required to be. But they let everyone discuss it afterwards... they have let multiple threads go on for many pages with people making comments and such about it. They listened and felt it didnt change anything. Its going to be the same with a poll. We will all vote and regardless of the outcome the classifieds will stay. 

This poll does speak volumes. It says that people can run around like an idiot doing and saying whatever they want, spreading discontent everywhere and not be held accountable for their actions. Thats what people feel is appropriate here. Everyone should be allowed some freedom to have fun and let loose, but when your only content for posting is how much this place sucks and youve become an actuall internet troll then you need a mandatory short vacation. 

That should go for ANY member regarless of how valuable to the community. New, senior, American, member, moderator... 

It should be a community based descision,what about that dont you get?

Now am I am a troll,for having a voice"?

Guest 510kamikazifreak

So only 25% of a couple hundred active members want him back... not a majority. 

So then mass email pm..

Mods are able to do so..

And give a time line etc, so that a majority can have there input by way of a poll.

It should be a community based descision,what about that dont you get?

I never said it shouldnt. I dont like the new classifieds either Lou... but I at least figured out that no matter what we say, its not going to change. So I moved on, made a few FS ads, and learned to live with it. It would have been nice if they asked how we felt prior to the shift, but they didnt. Maybe for the next change they will try it out... one can only hope.

Now I am a troll,for having a voice,,why thanks tristin...

Dont be a child, I never called you a troll; I was talking about Redbanner. And nowhere have I ever said that opinions make trolls... now you are just trying to mix words up.

So then mass email pm..

Mods are able to do so..

And give a time line etc, so that a majority can have there input by way of a poll.

So having an open poll in a public forum is not enough? Im sure these threads have been in New Contents first page for weeks now... now moderators are required to force you to vote? That doesnt sound very community based either. 

Why cant an open poll where you can either choose or choose not to vote be ok?

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Dont be a child, I never called you a troll; I was talking about Redbanner. And nowhere have I ever said that opinions make trolls... now you are just trying to mix words up.

I did edit,my post

Guest 510kamikazifreak

So having an open poll in a public forum is not enough? Im sure these threads have been in New Contents first page for weeks now... now moderators are required to force you to vote? That doesnt sound very community based either. 

Why cant an open poll where you can either choose or choose not to vote be ok?

I would think,that as "big" as ratsun has become...

There would be, better and more informed(for all members) options