Canby 2014 No Fucks Given - - June 14 & 15

Okay, Oregonians, need your input again.  So I started going a little further down the coast, figuring the farther south you go, the hotter it's likely to be.  It looks like Florence/Reedsport is a good area for vacationing-type activities and of course there are the Oregon Sand Dunes down there as well.  Figure I can do the touristy thing and maybe rent an atv for a couple hours and play in the dunes, then kick it around the ocean, etc.

What say you Ratsun folk?  A good place to vacation before Canby?  Temperatures now show mid-high 60s, which should maybe even hit 70s in a couple weeks?  Thoughts?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The coast is pretty unpredictable. Even more so than the valley. It can be 90 here and 45 miles west it's windy and pouring. Or visa versa.

Florence is pretty touristy, though. Lots to do, I'm sure. Never been there, but I know alot of people who go.

Freakin' sweet!  I'm in the early planning stages now, just had to pop down $200 for a radiator for the Maxima, boooo.  She's leaking from the top tank a bit.  While I probably could have her soldered up, being it's an original radiator, I'm thinking replacement is a much better idea before heading for Oregon.  Had to get my radiator from rockauto too.  Know how hard it is to find parts for an 81-84 Maxima?  Harder than finding 510 parts.  Goofy.

Okay, Oregonians, need your input again.  So I started going a little further down the coast, figuring the farther south you go, the hotter it's likely to be.  It looks like Florence/Reedsport is a good area for vacationing-type activities and of course there are the Oregon Sand Dunes down there as well.  Figure I can do the touristy thing and maybe rent an atv for a couple hours and play in the dunes, then kick it around the ocean, etc.

What say you Ratsun folk?  A good place to vacation before Canby?  Temperatures now show mid-high 60s, which should maybe even hit 70s in a couple weeks?  Thoughts?

Tell me when your headed to the dunes. Ill try and go ride with ya.

• Like 1

28 days left ,,,, so please be sure and submit your lame ass excuses as soon as possible.

Example: I can't make it this year , because $40. in gas and nightmarishly high $5. entry fee is just more than i can afford.. << lame

I am driving up from SoCal. it will be considerably more than $40 in gas (for me) and I paid more than $5 for the entry fee.

I find that if your state code is OR and you are not attending to be somewhat sad. Just sayin'.

• Like 4

Florence is good, much warmer than the rest of the OC.  Drive north up the 101 and check out some of the cool natural wonders like Thor's Well and Devil's Churn.  A bit further north in Newport is the Oregon Marine Aquarium.  We camp out on the Oregon Coast yearly, so much stuff to do and see.

thors_well_miles.jpg

Thor's Well

Almost forgot to mention, in the Florence area find the restaurant Kozy Kitchen (near Safeway)... awesome food.

-Robert

• Like 1

Florence is good, much warmer than the rest of the OC.  Drive north up the 101 and check out some of the cool natural wonders like Thor's Well and Devil's Churn.  A bit further north in Newport is the Oregon Marine Aquarium.  We camp out on the Oregon Coast yearly, so much stuff to do and see.

thors_well_miles.jpg

Thor's Well

Almost forgot to mention, in the Florence area find the restaurant Kozy Kitchen (near Safeway)... awesome food.

-Robert

It's funny.. I find north or south of Florence to be much better.

Love that new engine smell.. great job!

I looked over at Skyblue when I filled the shop with smoke and said the same thing.......

..............no joke......LOVE it!!!

• Like 2