Canby 2014 No Fucks Given - - June 14 & 15

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My fuel level is getting worn down.. dunno if I have time to fix it before Canby..

Fuel ? You don't need no stinking fuel ! Lol, shit as close as you are to canby all you need is a steep hill !

Dude I think I've watched every canby/datsun related video's I could find . Need more !

• Like 1

Doo eeeet!!   I have a laundry list on the Maxima tomorrow to get it all ready to go by next weekend.  Only have two days to prepare and leave after next week.  Trying to figure out some remaining issues with Ugly Betty.  3500 rpm has a hiccup I haven't quite deduced.  Have a new distributor coming since my vacuum advance is dead.  May go check the wrecking yard tomorrow for distributor housings that will work to cannibalize.  

Doo eeeet!!   I have a laundry list on the Maxima tomorrow to get it all ready to go by next weekend.  Only have two days to prepare and leave after next week.  Trying to figure out some remaining issues with Ugly Betty.  3500 rpm has a hiccup I haven't quite deduced.  Have a new distributor coming since my vacuum advance is dead.  May go check the wrecking yard tomorrow for distributor housings that will work to cannibalize.  

I hit both Pull n Saves today. I think it was the North one had a 280Z with the dizzy still in it. I just glanced at it as I walked by, but believe it was a remote box version. Isn't the housing and everything the same as an L20b matchbox dist? Might be in here somewhere: http://newprotest.org/projects/510/jasonGrayDistributor.pl

Just the star wheel or whatever you call it on top of the shaft different for 6 or 4? I saw at least one 4-cylinder matchbox today. I think it was in a truck (maybe '80 720) at the N store.

Len

It is the remote box for that unit Len, but it may work anyway.  I really only need the piece below it with the ball bearings that slides for the advance plate.  The 6 cylinder matchbox units actually only came 1979-1981 ish.  All the rest were remote boxes.  Not sure why the 4 cylinders got that.  Are you coming to Canby?!!  You should!!

It is the remote box for that unit Len, but it may work anyway.  I really only need the piece below it with the ball bearings that slides for the advance plate.  The 6 cylinder matchbox units actually only came 1979-1981 ish.  All the rest were remote boxes.  Not sure why the 4 cylinders got that.  Are you coming to Canby?!!  You should!!

If it is the plastic plate that carries the ball bearings you need, Jason Gray on the page I gave the link for tells how to fab a new one. Finding a good one from another dizzy would be easier (if you can find a good one). I'm pretty sure the advance parts from a 4-cyl IE are supposed to be the same as for a 6. If you can't find anything else, I've got a few 4-cyl matchbox dizzys around here that might have what you need. There is probably nothing here you don't already know, but I had it Bookmarked:

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php?topic=7662.0

No Canby for me this year. It is about all I can do to make it through another day at work. Maybe next year if I'm finally retired and have two weeks ahead of Canby to rest up and a month after to recover. then I'll make it. :lol: I'm happy though that you are going. Take a million pics!

Len

So right before Canby, a duck decided to fly into my windshield  :rofl: 

giving a buddy a ride in the wagon, come around the corner and two ducks start flyin and one just slammed into the windshield. My friend thought it was coming in the car on him. Got a new shiled and seal already  B) 

10352742_717428391646515_279260009332258

• Like 2

that seal looks reuseable

Maybe, but its kinda beat on the drivers side. it's all good though, H5WAGON is hooking it up with a seal and I got a ok used windshield from Greasmonkey. 

Cant really drive right now, as the shield is caving in on me.

Cleaned out 'n in the goon today. Fixed a few items. Can't believe how quiet it is now with carpet/rubber boot and naugahyde shifter wrap on it now. Have to select some music for the trip now.

• Like 2

Nice, I got the diff oil changed yesterday, the trans oil changed, and the fuel pump changed.  Going to test drive her today and see if the fuel pump was the cause of the miss at mid throttle.