What was your first ride?

1978 toyota "Long Box"

1977+Toyota+SR5+SR-5+Longbed+Sport+Truck

Three months after I got my license, and this truck.  I blew thru a stop sign and t-boned a B12 two door red sentra.  Totaled them both.

Same color and stripes as this truck.  That was the only accident I've ever been in.  Learned real quick :lol:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First car was a 61 Oldsmobile super 88 4 door when i was about 13 years old ,, we lived in a extremely tiny town and just off a logging road so me and my friends would drive our cars all day and the parents didn`t really worry to much...... they should have :D Ripped a huge hole in oil pan and that was that..... First real car was a 68 Ford Galaxie 4 door i bought off my brother-in-law when i was 15 for 100. bucks and drove to high school ..but living about 1/4 mile from the Pacific ocean ,, that car is long, long gone....

Hell  the logging road was even taken out many years ago..

• Like 1

My first car was a orange Triumph TR-7 my dad bought me don't remember the year it was either a 4 speed or 5 speed manual can't find pics of it. I remember we never got it to run but I would get in it and make engine noises lol. I've had a lot of cars that I will later come back and post some pics of.

I got my first car in 1989. A 76 Chevy Monte Carlo. Cream color paint with a tan vinyl roof and interior. 305 V8 with turbo350 trans. Slow as dirt. I swear, it did zero to 60 in 30 seconds! Got 5-10mpg. Kept it for three years, then bought an 84 Pontiac Fiero, that was the biggest POS GM ever made.

88' VW Golf, no photos of her though.

What can I say, I like hatchbacks/wagons. Full or electric gremlins though so I went 93' Honda Prelude > 89' Honda Civic EF hatch > 72' Datsun 510 2 dr > 79' Datsun 810 Wagon > 73' Datsun 610 Wagon. I've also had 93' 4x4 Hardbody but currently have a 97 Chevy K1500.

1963 Mercury Monterey S-55 2 Dr Hardtop.

3D37FA47-26B5-4165-8BDC-201106ED847C-116

There is one of these right up the road from me for sale. Same color even.  I thought it would make a good lead slead when I saw it.

Mine was a 71 Lincoln Continental. 71,000 ORIGINAL miles. Pewter silver with avacado green top and interior. I never drove it in the 3 years I owned it. The big 460 had thrown a rod and seized the motor. In 93 when I bought it a 460 was still a grand to get used. I miss that beast though. My next car though was a 77 VW Rabbit. Now I am just a gluttony for punishment. Dodges, Dubs, Datsuns, and now Mazda.

Well, this brought back some memories....

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited.

My first ride, only before picture I have at the moment:

tahoe019_zps24e1267e.jpg

What happens when someone severely cuts you off:

tahoe052_zps1c4ee25f.jpg

Only had about 90k miles... Now I'm thinking of getting another, I loved that truck...

My first car was a 1979 Camaro Berlinetta, a real pos. The first car I bought my self was a brand new 1993 Nissan Hardbody, I had it for 13 years, and it never let me down. The next brand new car I bought was a Nissan sentra ser specv, I loved that car to death. The ex made me trade it for the Scion Xb. :sick:  :bye: From now on it's just Datsun/Nissan.

87 Pontiac Parisienne Brougham.......my moms hand-me-down. I was 16, put a 15 sub in the back and and CB radio with loud arse PA speaker under the grill. Rolled around in my high school days scaring the crap outa people by yelling at them on the side of the road. Oh memories.....

(not actual car)

img_7546770_00.jpg

1978 b210 gx with a dogleg    Paid 450 clams for it.  I miss that car.  I also trashed that car.  When it was stolen/crushed, the doors were duct taped on, the interior trashed, no dash and no brakes.  I used it for mudding and towing everyone elses junk around.  I also used it to ram a dudes car at 20.  Not smart.  Glad im not 17 anymore.  Wish I had before and after pics.

Mine was a 91 Toyota previa, minivan that I got from mom lol... Drive that for a couple years till I got the first car I bought which was actually a truck:

06 Chevy Silverado SS

truckparkinglot008.jpg

Bought it new in 06 and drove it till it was stolen in late January this year :-(... Working on getting my 510 running now so I can drive that...

-Rob

• 3 months later...