What was your first ride?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First car was a 1976 Honda CVCC Wagon. Everything was perfect with it... only thing was, at 15 I hated it. My parents bought it for me to learn with and I quickly sold it for a 1991 Honda CRX Si. I kick myself every time I remember that I sold it. Such a nice car. 

1976+Honda+Civic+CVCC+Runabout+Wagon+Fir

• Like 1

No pics, but my first car was a 1990 ford aspire. 1.3 L POS. I swear the car was trying to kill me too. Got T-boned my first week out, and it almost crashed a few times as it handled like crap. It ended up commiting suicide as it took me off the road due to a flat taking out a sign post.

My first motorbike I actually still have. It's a 1968 Honda z50. I plan on restoring it one day.

My purple 510. My dad gave it to me when i got my license...yah bitches i got my first dime for free ;).  I abused her so baddly though, i look back and want to kick my own ass for the things i put her through when i was younger. I drove her every day untill i was 21, and before that she was driven every day by my dad for years, and she still doesnt burn oil, barley drips any oil. God i love this car.

Way back then, around 2004.

510.jpg

510and200.jpg

l_805c42b76f78102f042aa58daa9aba5d.jpg

This 720 i bought as my 3rd vehicle right after i got my 200sx se-r.  I wish i never would of had to sell her. I got injured, lost my job, and needed money, so i sold her :(. i see her in beaverton once and a while. Ive never been able to make another 720 feel like that one did. The one vehicle ive ever sold that i kick myself about every freaking time, i loved that truck, ive wanted to catch up to the guy that i see driving it and see if he would sell it at all, but hes always going the opposite direction when i see him. I would buy it back in a heartbeat. 

IMG_0318.jpg

• Like 1

First car was a rust free 68 mustang fast back 4 speed. I kept that car for 13 years while upgrading it as money allowed. It ended up a Shelby replica that saw some time at Laguna Seca with the Shelby club. I sold it so i could buy a house to some rich kid and it was promptly stolen and stripped for parts. Damn shame

First car was a rust free 68 mustang fast back 4 speed. I kept that car for 13 years while upgrading it as money allowed. It ended up a Shelby replica that saw some time at Laguna Seca with the Shelby club. I sold it so i could buy a house to some rich kid and it was promptly stolen and stripped for parts. Damn shame

Bummer man. Atleast it wasn't stolen when you owned it.

A 5 year old '64 Dodge that was my dad's. I don't remember if I got it in my name kept it in his. Probably mine. It was a 225cu in slant six three in the tree. Within 6 months I blew all the carbon out of the rings and it needed new ones.. and a clutch. I replaced it with a 10 1/2 inch Police/Taxi unit then rebuilt a 318 two barrel and ground out the intake and made an adapter plate and used a bicycle hand brake cable for the throttle. Later I split the exhaust in two and ran dual pipes and Walker Continentals. Friggin' loud but would stay with my friend's 283 '66 Chevelle from 40 up to 90. One night I blew a rod bearing... limped 30 miles home with it hammering. Even drove it to the garage for a new crank/rod. Damn that motor was tough! Had it two years and traded it in for a new '70 340 Dart Swinger..... and that....... was that.   

• Like 1

I can't find the pix but my first vehicle was a 72 521.  Drove that thing all through high school, beat the living crap out of it.  Did the usual teenage thing to do at that time, put some subs in it!!  I drove it for 3 years in high school until it blew a head gasket and not knowing a damn thing about cars, my mom sold it to the neighbor for $50!!!  And to make things worse.  About a week later he pulls it out of his garage with a small block in it!!!

My first car was this 1993 Mazda 626. I bought it for $700. Had 176,000 miles on it. I beat that car up.

7B94095B-AD2D-4FAB-B583-6D7CAF19B642-148

Second vehicle was a Toyota truck I bought for $500 and sold a week later for $700 then went back to first car.

Third car was this 2001 Saturn station wagon, bought it for $400 no issues. Just a wacky alarm that I removed. 22 days after I bought it I totaled it doing the daily commute home. Went back to first car.

B0825441-C677-43DE-831D-554FA9AAC0E7-148

Then i drove past my ex girlfriends house, and there was a 510 wagon put front, I called her and asked whose car it was, she said it was her boyfriends and asked if I wanted to buy it, I said hell yeah and he told me $3500. I said I don't have that much. He asked me what I drove, I told him I was driving my first car, the Mazda, and he said he would trade me straight across, and a full tank of gas. 20 minutes later I was driving this.

F23DB6F4-4F4A-447A-B986-1A85DC62E497-148

By the time I had traded, the Mazda had 265,000 miles on it, only 2 years of driving, and wouldn't pass smog.

I drove the 510 wagon 600 miles a week to work and back and ran great until I left the radiator cap off. Overheated and I didn't have a temp gauge, kept driving, cracked cylinder head. Bought a L20b rebuilt for $300 and put it in over a weekend. Drove for a while, then sold it cuz I need money bad. Kick myself everytime I think about it.

d17.jpg

Then I bought this and never touched it

8.jpg

Now I drive this and still miss my wagon

8B933E96-059A-4956-AB91-2BBEC07F0BD6-148

69C34A2D-9EB2-4769-93AF-669C494E0D37-778

• Like 2

Severely beat on 1200 Sedan (~600,000miles) that was a hand me down from my Dad, who bought it used in 1978 after it had been in a front and rear collision.  First car I bought with my own money was the B210 I have now.

Pics circa 1998 or so.

2987cd18-d1d8-4303-b25d-db584acd8c57_zps

77 ford Granada 2 door 302 automatic, had ac l cruise control and 37k original miles. Total grandpa car, cause that's where I got it from. The doors on that thing must have been at least 5" long and weighed 300lbs a piece. First car I bought was 2 '70 international scout 800a's