Round two, Bagged and Boosted RIP

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If that is all body work and complete paint, that is probably not too bad a quote.

Yeah that was everything, Seam sealer, under coat, all the body work, and paint, he was quoting me off what he currently saw, I'm gunna keep working and get a couple dents pulled, get it under coated and seam sealed, and get the rest of the panels stripped and hung. see if I can't drop that number into more like 3000$ which I could come up with

• Like 3

The guy who came to look at my car last Sunday is getting started Saturday. Or rather WE are getting started Saturday. He hit me up shortly after he left and asked if i was interested in trading his time for my time. He needs help moving a paint booth up in Vancouver BC in a couple weeks and i told him i was in. So hes gonna come over and we are going to do most of the work here and move it over to his booth once its ready for paint.

So stay tuned for updates! hopefully by Sunday we have something substantial done...

• Like 4

remember cut out floorboards, taillight panel etc.. from the blue car as people do seem to be looking for those pieces quite often

Of course, the510keeper got the whole trunk and quarters, Jrock got the passenger frame rail (not sure if he was able to make it work) Sixteyninedimes getting the rockers, I used one of the floor pans. A guys coming sunday for the rear arches.

if anyone needs a roof, passenger rear floor (rust free) or rear seat pan area or any other sheet metal bits that might be saveable shoot me a message.

• Like 1

yes frame rail is in the process of being spliced in .... and oddly enough james pmed me the other day offereing the back half of the car for my project but i had already used a 610 up for my parts..small world...keep it up and and pm me a pic of your front strut set up when u have time

The guy who came to look at my car last Sunday is getting started Saturday. Or rather WE are getting started Saturday. He hit me up shortly after he left and asked if i was interested in trading his time for my time. He needs help moving a paint booth up in Vancouver BC in a couple weeks and i told him i was in. So hes gonna come over and we are going to do most of the work here and move it over to his booth once its ready for paint.

So stay tuned for updates! hopefully by Sunday we have something substantial done...

Just caught up, it looks like you are puttin a nice datto on the road , thanks for sharing your build !

Pretty cool you get to put your hands on the body work to . I personally would rather do the whole build,but sometimes can't . Bodywork bills can grow out of control in a hurry .

Day one complete, the pictures don't do the amount of work we actually did justice but, the fucked up rear quarters are all straight, all the dents have been pulled, all the panels are all aligned for the most part (took for fucking ever), the fenders and some other rust prone areas have been POR 15'ed, and tons of holes were filled and smoothed out. We finished the fit  on the tail light panel and first thing tomorrow morning it will be sealed in place (didnt have the right seal to do it today).

Still have some work to do with the front valence and how its fitting, its pretty tweaked, and a couple dents in the hood then off to filler.

20140125_230806_zps723ef3bb.jpg

20140125_230819_zps7a3ce00f.jpg

20140125_230843_zpsc5260e2e.jpg

20140125_230829_zpsa17832bb.jpg

20140125_230901_zps53f2da6d.jpg

20140125_231010_zps10e57585.jpg

20140125_230912_zps4bd40e79.jpg

• Like 2

quick question, the front valence has a mounting point on the top center. It goes to the core support brace in front of the radiater. My question, is that valence supposed to sit flat on that brace or is there some sort of spacer that goes in there. Im almost 3/4" away from it and if its supposed to be flush.... somethings really bent out of whack

Had to build a quick down and dirty car to get the car lower and mobile. Started working the engine bay yesterday and today, hopefully have that done tomorrow and start seam sealing the bottom of the car.

Alec the painter stopped by and he wants to have the body work done and have it primed by the end of the weekend, seems ambitious to me, but it would be pretty sweet.

20140129_205109_zps8c4aab42.jpg

20140129_174640_zpsbd6b695f.jpg

20140129_191535_zpsee63366a.jpg

20140129_191605_zpsba18d85c.jpg

20140129_205135_zpsc9b60cd4.jpg

20140129_205055_zps4f22bde8.jpg