Round two, Bagged and Boosted RIP

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

kind of an exciting update, I decided to not be a cheap bastard and my cars going off to media tomorrow when I get home from class. while its gone ill be cleaning and moving everything out of my bay in the shop, and transforming it into a (redneck) paint booth!

when it gets back ill look for anymore pinholes or things that need to be welded, then itll get primed, set on sawhorses so the taillight panel can be put in, and ill be able to start body work. Hopefully, this will all be competed mid next week..... But since I don't know paint or fiberglass and have to count on my dad, we will see about that.

Sounds good, just make sure your bay area is warm when doing body work or primer, as paint and filler do not like to stick to cool metal. My body teacher use to say "cool metal is wet metal". Huh heavy metal What?

Alright, ill make sure to go and stock up on pellets and keep the heat cranked while im workin!

Started moving stuff around and rigged this up. Need to get some more pulleys and ill make another across the back. Then just need to cut some plywood so I can put some fans under the door. And keep cleaning.... 15 years of boat detailing and fiberglass work has sure accumulated a lot of dust...

20131003_180949_zpsd9823e99.jpg

20131003_184144_zps349a761e.jpg

• Like 2

Give yourself alot of light!  it gets foggy and hard to see FAST.   painting cars in the dingy fogg = bad job.  Trust me!  I thought I had plenty of light but once I got going it was a beotch to see.

Have down light and side light. Rig up some 4' flourecent's on the sides somehow, even have some portable light u can move around.  My .02

• Like 3

Long story short, a good friend of mine had a beautiful sti, he sold it to another friend of ours when he went off to college. that friend totaled it, and now i just helped another freind go pick up/buy the car and store it outback under our carport

So to the important part of the story, for helping him hes giving me the front seats! they were immaculate before it rolled, just need a little cleaning to get the mud out now, but they should fit and look pretty good in there in my opinion.

Ill post a picture tomorrow when its light out.

And i dont have the car back from the blaster yet, i called him today and he said it can probally be done tomorrow, but i dont have a trailer lined up for tomorrow so ill probally have it back monday, tuesday at the latest.

• Like 1

Give yourself alot of light!  it gets foggy and hard to see FAST.   painting cars in the dingy fogg = bad job.  Trust me!  I thought I had plenty of light but once I got going it was a beotch to see.

Have down light and side light. Rig up some 4' flourecent's on the sides somehow, even have some portable light u can move around.  My .02

air movement fixes that ... but u should have good light .....and think like light down low aiming up ... trust me ..... its far more useful then ten lights over the car and two shadows down both sides......on air movement u want it pretty sealed off and a spot for air to draw in and exhaust fan .... u want air movement....standing in a garage with the door up one box fan and 10 feet of openess will not work

just fyi they use black slag.... and that will fuck your sheetmetal up .... its a waste to blast sheetmetal with anything other then garnet sand, walnut or soda..... your will cause my bondo work then the time saved sure its quick gfor the blaster and cheap but u will reap the benefits of learning bondo work ...... warpage is very easy with even the finest of grits iso I would look into the media there using before u just go saving money route.... 

even soda is not a good idea .... paint wont stick to it unless its feverously clean the metal right avterwords...

binks model 7 ....ftw

Shit, I think that guns older then I am, were gunna go pick up a new gun before paint or see about rebuilding this one, we were having problems with the coverage dropping after you pull the trigger, the only way to fix it was increase pressure but then it wouldn't spray right. so we made it work, but it took forever to spray the whole thing

sounds like u need more volume of air ...........but  imagine that shop has a big compressor lol......model 7 is a classic .... u should try som of the reduced pressure gravity guns from sata......they have  a few inexpensive ones that really paray nice on low volumes of air ....looking good so far

• 3 weeks later...

just about got the taillight panel all fit. Its getting there slowly but surely. And since were going to be messing around with glass we started working the airdam to

Ive also built, rebuilt, modified, torn back apart, re designed, rebuilt, about a dozen times and after a long frusterating week (yes a whole week) i have one seat mounted where i think i want it.....

Sorry for the low quality pictures, but hey its better then just words right?

20131101_194204_zps61900512.jpg

20131101_194414_zps00976223.jpg

20131101_194431_zps06edda89.jpg

20131101_194445_zps4b64b454.jpg

20131031_193648_zpsb6b0ff00.jpg

20131031_193658_zps23712826.jpg

20131027_162843_zps272e8499.jpg

20131027_162759_zps11ea7230.jpg

• Like 2