GOONS check in

gokiburix

Sorry not a 510 Goon, but a huge fan of the 510's. Didn't realize it was in the 510 section. Sorry about that.

Datsun312-April.jpg

It's a wagon and it's badass. And your from Wisconsin, My wife's from Wisconsin.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So it's not a Datsun, it's not even Japanese, but I find this Volvo extremely inspirational and badass and I think that it should be here for all to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6BjI1lG2q4A

Wow. Bad Ass Volvo.

Yes, quite an inspiration. I would love to do something like that to my 2 door Wagon.

Maybe an RB swap would be cool.

2_Door_Wagon_Pics_002.JPG

Test fit 15x7 +0 wheels on my goon yeaterday. Looks like 280zx struts and rear fender work is in the near future.

Looks good, I have the same Konigs. I just put a ton of camber in the front to stop it from rubbing, seems to work fine and grips well. Would rather have less camber, but its better than tearing up the tires until I have the ZX setup...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow Goon lovers,

Here's my 1st (& only) Datsun...100% stock & unmolested at this point...a blank canvas.

I'm a newbie but anxious to learn.

Lots here to be inspired by : )

Haven't checked in for about a year. Here I am as of a couple days ago. Leaving for Canby in about 2 hours. Exactly a year ago I was pouting because I couldn't get my engine to stay running (anti-theft system) and ended up skipping my Canby unveil. Been mostly trouble free since then.

013-7.jpg

015-6.jpg

001-48.jpg

^^ To the green 78 goon, that is cool. Glad to see the late model 510s represented. And Driven: I absolutely LOVE your roof rack. Have looked at it many times. Love the wheels too.

I know its not a Datto but since I'm already a Goon Squad member, I thought I'd throw it up here. (whose the 'wagonmaster' now, John?) :D

DSCF8105.jpg

My new daily driver. It can carry more kids and stuff than my 510 can. Don't worry, the 510 is still in my stable and will be seeing some new love shortly.

I dig the new DD, Greengoon. I'm gonna jump on the non-Datsun tangent. My brother (BACKWOODSDAVE) just sold his '69 145 last week. It wasn't mine but I did quite a bit of work on it. While I like my 510, it really didn't stand up in comparison to the old Volvos. His 145 came from the factory with 4 wheel PDB, dual SUs, a 2.0 litre (his had over 375,000), it could have had an overdrive (his didn't), and the rearend was over-strong. The inside is much quieter, more cargo area than a 510, lots of storage compartments in the back, a roof sturdy rack, and he had the flip out rear windows. The bodies seem to hold up well too. His had no rust at all and the original paint was still very nice. Ever noticed how well the doors open and close on an old Volvo? I wasn't previously a huge Volvo fan but his car really gave me a new perspective. Pretty cool car, really.

035-2-1.jpg

Haven't checked in for about a year. Here I am as of a couple days ago. Leaving for Canby in about 2 hours. Exactly a year ago I was pouting because I couldn't get my engine to stay running (anti-theft system) and ended up skipping my Canby unveil. Been mostly trouble free since then.

013-7.jpg

015-6.jpg

001-48.jpg

What kind of swap is this ive never seen it before