GOONS check in

gokiburix

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Found a nice shock option for the goon, KYB AGX short stroke! They came in the mail today.

img20120218143259.jpg

Drives soo much nicer.

KYB part #743019, they are for camaro or AE86.

Pardon my ignorance as I have no idea how rear leaf suspension works.... if I'm running 2" blocks, would this be the best shock option? Is it bolt in?

Pardon my ignorance as I have no idea how rear leaf suspension works.... if I'm running 2" blocks, would this be the best shock option? Is it bolt in?

I lowered by flattening out the leaf springs(flipping the 4th leaf onto the top of the pack) which raised up the shock perch and the axle toward the chassis, this means I have about 1-2" less shock travel than stock.

With lowering blocks it moves the axle upwards towards the chassis, where as the shock perch and leaf are at the same position and distance from the chassis.

I don't think that my shocks where the correct application for a 510 wagon, and where for an IRS sedan, that would be why they had so little travel.

AFAIK the KYB AGX is still a great upgrade option for the stock shock mounting location. They are $96/each from summit racing.

Yes, they are completely bolt-on identical fitment to the stock shocks.

510%20swastikas.jpg

my '80 510 about a year ago. bought for $800 with 129k from the second owner in September of 2008. it now has 180k, is driven daily and had a front end rebuild about two years ago.

the 280zx swastika rims were a bargain at $100 but I had to drive 3 1/2 hours to Tulsa to get 'em. ironically the guy I bought 'em from had driven six hours from Tulsa to Dallas to buy 'em. I am running directional 195-50 15s on 'em, Hankooks on the front and Dorals (Indonesian made) on the back.