GOONS check in

gokiburix

I dunno, but it seems the popularity of the 'goons have gone up recently...Maybe its time to have a thread specific for wagons...what do you think? I'll start.

Here's mine: nothing major done to it yet...i'm getting around to suspension soon.

When I first got it:

rear.jpg

front.jpg

Current state:

DSC00380.jpg

(not much changed yet...just gold mesh enkei apache IV)

So lets see those goons!

-goki

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sort of how I got it. It had stock wheels and barely ran.

02.jpg

VG30 in progress

13.jpg

Just after the VG30 went in.

04.jpg

Version one

vgwag001%20(Small).JPG

Half wheel swap

DSCF0013R.jpg

Full wheel swap missing the spook.

DSCF0009r.jpg

As it is now

DSC00170%20(Small).JPG

How did you get the 5 lugs to work?

300z front suspension?

What about the rears?

I've seen a guide some where on how to do this (atleast with the front... forget how its done in the rear..) but they use a 280ZX front suspension and use a 300ZX hub... i'm sure there is more to it than that.. I think the guide might be on the 510realm..

How did you get the 5 lugs to work?

300z front suspension?

What about the rears?

There are so many different ways to do the front.

I used 1980 200sx struts, 86 300zx turbo front hubs, r32 gtr skyline rotors and 92 300zx calipers.

The rear was easy, straight re-drill, reusing one of the original holes....mind you I did modify a 1985 rx7 gsl-se rear differential assembly so that I could have a LSD rear end.

88 rear rx7 rotors, and 92 300zx rear calipers.

Basically you can use any 84-88 front hubs from a 300zx turbo and 86-88 non-turbo. The easiest way is to use 87-88 200sx se front hubs/struts to convert to 5-lug.

• Like 1

gokiburix Did you buy that goon on craigslist or have you had it.I remember seeing it on craigslist i think in san diego or somewhere in cali......so what did you do with the wheels that were on it.... :D ....

BINGO!!! I did buy it from a guy in SD on Craigslist...the 2 pictures were actually the pictures in the ad from the seller. hahaha I'm just too lazy to shoot pics!

The wheels are sitting in my garage....waiting for me to take pics of them so I can put them up for sale. Anyone interested? I'll make it a goal to take pics and put them up this weekend. Ratsun people get first dibs...then its going on craigslist.

-goki

• Like 1