Oh the horror!

This is what I get to deal with every 6 months or so. I usually give it a good chuckle and file it in the circular cabinet! Kind of makes me wonder what California classifies as a "classic"? It most definately is valuable to me though!

scan.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I get to deal with every 6 months or so. I usually give it a good chuckle and file it in the circular cabinet! Kind of makes me wonder what California classifies as a "classic"? It most definately is valuable to me though!

scan.jpg

Go for it dude!

That is such BS! Maybe if it still had the carb it "may" be worse for the air quality. With EFI or even a carb tunned well I can't see a 4 banger making as much air pulution as a semi just idling. We've all been to rest stops and know those guys let them run all night. A few of my buddies pass smog with there SR's in S13's. The only "pollution" device left in there system is the cat!

Haha, I get the same one.

I always wondered if you could search the classifieds and buy up cheap cars that are still reg'd and run. The $200 POS's...and then when you register them you just let the gov't take them and you make a few hundred bucks!

if we had something like that here i would go have the thing smogged along with my 95 pathfinder and see which one got worse #s. then send them the results.

with all the work that's been done to your rig i would tell em to suck a big one.

oh and why in the world would people in their right minds basically give away a running, driving, smog passing vehicle? just to have it junked????? now i could believe a vehicle that FAILED smog being scrapped but one that passes, runs and drives??? thats stupid!

yeah,theres a bunch of these 500 hp twin turbo diesel excursions with soccer moms and grandmas riding around in them dumping tons of emmisions and there exempt from testing cause they weight more than 6,500 lbs.now dosent that make sense:mad:

oh and why in the world would people in their right minds basically give away a running, driving, smog passing vehicle? just to have it junked????? now i could believe a vehicle that FAILED smog being scrapped but one that passes, runs and drives??? thats stupid!

True that. And you would have to go out and buy another vehicle containing a ton and a half of processed metal, plastic and glass and rubber all of which used energy to make and assemble. .... only to have to smog test it.

This is the part I have a problem with. If it passes smog and is registered as a running vehicle, why scrap it? Wouldn't the mere definition of a running/driving/smog passed vehicle be worth more than $650?

This is the part I have a problem with. If it passes smog and is registered as a running vehicle, why scrap it? Wouldn't the mere definition of a running/driving/smog passed vehicle be worth more than $650?

You'd think so but i'm sure there are some people out there with a car worth no more than $100 that barely passes smog and barely gets from a to b.

Theres a toyota corona for sale near me for the same price they are offering for each car. If that program was available here I could see some one taking advantage of that. Saves you time selling and no dumb low ballers.

They wouldn't keep doing it if it didn't work.

Yep, hell you can get $400 a car in just scrap value in Washington.

Doesn't even need to run just needs a title :eek:

Makes it easy to pass on trying to even sell a $400 car, no hassles just drop it off and pocket some $

i kinda wish i could get one just so i can call them and say fuck you lol

I wonder if they would give me the $650 for the rusty hulk of a parts car AFTER I took the "air pollution" causing parts off of it. I might actually break even at that point...:rolleyes:

Agreed Bonvo. In fact I would take a picture in front of my car, sign it like a rockstar with some crap like "G. Polluter" or "H8 2 Part With Her" and then tell them to F-off. :fu:BASTARDS:fu:

yeah,theres a bunch of these 500 hp twin turbo diesel excursions with soccer moms and grandmas riding around in them dumping tons of emmisions and there exempt from testing cause they weight more than 6,500 lbs.now dosent that make sense:mad:

You are correct, sir. And make that ONE soccer mom with ONE dumbass kid in the back, fat from the sugary foods he/she eats, weighing down said SUV, and causing MORE POLLUTION!

You are correct, sir. And make that ONE soccer mom with ONE dumbass kid in the back, fat from the sugary foods he/she eats, weighing down said SUV, and causing MORE POLLUTION!

not to mention that because they eat so much junk food, they each release toxic amounts of methane gas into the atmosphere :lol: