Jccs 2008!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an awesome weekend!!! I actually got some sleep this year before the run! I did get "Keyed up" on the freeway situation going though, but the last truck pulling in behind Us changed that!! There was a white 620 with blue stripes and I thought "That's a nice truck, never seen that one" When He pulled up We had just staged to caravan in line and the white truck took up the rear to follow. I had no idea who it was. Naturally, paying attention to how the guy wanted Us to park had My attention. "No, not that way, face the other way, etc." so I finally parked where He wanted Me. Lots on My mind then but I noticed the white truck had something sticking out over the cab. "What is that??" Hi Steroid........... who the heck is that. You could have knocked Me over with a..................... It's GREG!!!!!! Greg went with Me on My first run in May 1975 and other adventures from 1974 to about 1977. He didn't make last years JCCS but He was STYLIN' this year!!! Everybody (My wife too) knew He had bought that truck except Me!! Very cool suprize!!! There were more suprizes during the day though to come. Ron, Ray & Mark can tell You about those!!! So once again Guy showed that a 35 year old bottle jack still works!!! LOL!! Guy always trades out His roller tires for true vintage (freeway unsafe) tires that match the truck at the run. It always looks cool to see period correct tires on His truck. One day, though, We're going to pitch in and buy Him a floor jack!!!!! Next, as You can see, My NOSE didn't even get Mark to smile!!! But He was smiling when He got a big 40 surprize BD presentation!! He STILL cann't sit down!!! Hey Mark, did You notice the "berzerker" license plate on the wagon that green car posted?!?!? Chris brought the banner and displayed it for all the world to see how far SWDP has come in a year. Javin made a surprize appearance!! The "desert crowd" of Ray (who???), Jason and Sonya made it down. Robert's family drove His truck. He was a little ways away personally but wanted to represent!! Ron and Ray had a special day. Jay Leno found a taillight that He's going to auction on Ebay!!! Greg became "full patch, or should I say full sticker"!! Brandon once again tried to get stuck in My truck!! Someday We will remove My sunroof so He can fit!!! I found "roadkill" and brought it along!! Pete Brock was VERY gracious. We finally found Jeremy. What else??? I know I'm forgetting something............ Too much to see and do. Good to see old friends and make new ones!!! A year now to plan for next year!!!! Now i can relax, though!!!!

Not exactly professional quality, but a bit of roaming around after helping Demetri with his Bluebird-U, I went and took some shots:

http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk262/woerzw/JCCS%202008/

Yes, I met Pete Brock of BRE fame and had him sign my passenger side visor. Really cool guy, wanted to chat more, but a line was forming :)

For the ratsun-er's viewing pleasure, the Toyota riff raff has been weeded out :D

Enjoy!!

-0-

Can anyone spot zerow in the photos in this thread ? haha

Wha....? :confused::confused:

I see one other shot. And with a hat like mine, I'm hard to miss...

Edited by zerow
Can anyone spot zerow in the photos in this thread ? haha

Yea in greencars' pics behind the orange 610 wagon, But he was all over the damn place. :lol: lending a hand, gettin em dirty, Just having a good time I guess. :cool:

Dave..this truck now belongs to Greg slay, Steroids high school friend. He bought it but kept it a secret from Mike until yesterday :lol:

They did have 3 truck trophys this year & the winners were Lawrence's 620 & 521 & a 520. My pix are uploading & will post soon...

That is a very well done truck. :cool:

guys i went but seriously i was soo lost i saw cars that were fimilar from here but i guess i didnt know anyone there so i just kinda stayed quiet...we need to get some shirts or i need to go to more events...or both! By the way when i was leaving people were looking at my car with eyes asking WTF is that! some people knew other looked confuesed. but as we were leaving a storm of about 4 cameras shot pictures of the 710 driving away. my dad was in bliss thinking wow this is a special car!

Yea in greencars' pics behind the orange 610 wagon, But he was all over the damn place. :lol: lending a hand, gettin em dirty, Just having a good time I guess. :cool:

What can I say...

Parking $5

Admission ticket to JCCS $5

The opportunity to get some genuine Australian Datsun Bluebird-U grease under your nails, and not have to leave the mainland Priceless. :D

It was nice to meet some of the people from the forum. datrod, your car is sweeeet! And you're in Corona, close enough for a visit (if you'd like) after the 610 is done. I wear that hat to every event. Good coverage from the sun. Don't be bashful, introduce yourselves. I can talk. A lot.

You got a nice wagon there Datrod. If I had, or can have, another project going, I would pick a 510 wagon one.

Larry

Thanks, I really like it, It's a blast to drive down the freeway, Lot's of thumbs up's. I think it get's more attention than my Z car. :eek: