Jccs 2008!

enough about the acuras ... it would be great if somebody could clarify if "best of jdm" meant "best of show," or if they were two separate categories

if they were the same category, then kudos to the power of the skylines, because the guy who got first place best jdm was a white skyline that never even opened his hood :eek:

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys sorry for being absent! Glad to see there was a great turnout for trucks! sorry I didn't get to meet any of the new guys but I look forward to meeting you in the future!

Whos truck is this one?

Any other pics?

DSC01190.jpg

Larry

Thats my truck, My family took it to the show for me while i was out of town.

-I'll post my sisters pictures in about 10 minutes. They're uploading right now!

why is it that toyota shows up to these events in a huge truck full of classic models but nissan doesn't do anything like that? :confused:

Looks like a good show. I will say the location doesn't look quite as good but looks very full.

well, toyota is a big sponser, but the guy who coordinates the 18wheeler and transport of museum cars is an old school buff, and from what i heard, he does this on his own time

all the oldschool nissan buffs left nissan when it moved it's hq to dollywood

Edited by Burabuda
  • 3 weeks later...
Man, not much love for the Datsun Trucks! Oh well lawn mower in the back or not, I guess its still just an old Datsun Truck. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I dont tend to use these emoticons but I feel this is worthy:(!

Robert i feel the same way & dont get it. They put 9 pix of Jay leno's car but cant include the trucks? O well :rolleyes:

i recently heard that the promoters are selling their only datsun, a 240z, so that puts them entirely in the toyota camp, depending on how u look at it

they weren't always that way :(

as much as i enjoyed the jccs and am thankful it even exists, it still seems like it was a toyota show that allowed datsuns and a few other makes into the leftover spots

If I where the promoter of the show, I would just be happy that the numbers are up and if it comes from a few more classic mini trucks then why not throw them a bone. If it is juat a group shot down the row. It at least shows they where there supporting the show...

And for it turning into a mini truck show, aint going to happen, There isnt that many old school mini trucks running around. I mean you go to a mini truck show and there is ,what a hand full of old school minis. And if they are the true Mini Truckers the JCCS isnt thier kind of show...There is no draggin around, no major parties...etc.

So if that is their excuse for not showing the Mini trucks. It is a piss poor one!!!! They come, they pay the fee, they respect the show.They should be given props.....My 2 cents worth...

Guest jaimesix
If I where the promoter of the show, I would just be happy that the numbers are up and if it comes from a few more classic mini trucks then why not throw them a bone. If it is juat a group shot down the row. It at least shows they where there supporting the show...

And for it turning into a mini truck show, aint going to happen, There isnt that many old school mini trucks running around. I mean you go to a mini truck show and there is ,what a hand full of old school minis. And if they are the true Mini Truckers the JCCS isnt thier kind of show...There is no draggin around, no major parties...etc.

So if that is their excuse for not showing the Mini trucks. It is a piss poor one!!!! They come, they pay the fee, they respect the show.They should be given props.....My 2 cents worth...

There is a lot more in the Datsun realm than mini trucks. With all due respect, many members do not have mini trucks. I do not have one. I like all Datsuns, I appreciate good workmanship, good style, and endevouring gumption in all build up restorations, without making distinctions.

Some Datsun people think Datsun is about Datsun 510s, others with Datsun Z cars think Datsun is about Datsun Z cars, others with Datsun Roadsters think the same, and while I respect love and dedication, this separatism is destroying the Datsun rank and filers.

Toyota people do not have this sectarism. A Toyota fan considers all Toyotas Toyotas!, while in the Datsun brand, some model followers become so adamant of their own model year car, that they begin ignoring the rest of the family hence destroying the Datsun brand. I am not asking anyone to become a fan of some model that is not their favorite, but good taste, and knowledge calls for appreciation of other's models and a rejection of sectarism.

Honda people are same ( to Toyota's), I see no sectarism, no talking about one model when refering to the brand "Honda".

When a person, a follower of the Datsun brand attempts to defend his Datsun interests by talking about one model only ( be it 510's , Roadsters, 620's, "Z" cars, etc ...) that shows a weakness in the Datsun community, and it is easily used against that same Datsun community by fans of other competing brands like Toyota.

I think that is what will bring the Datsun thing to its demise, sectarism within the brand itself.

Jaime._______________________________________________________

Edited by jaimesix

My 2 cents worth............. Ron, Lawrence and Myself have been doing this show since day one. We have commented on this a few times. It gets down to this........... It appears that what They notice with Us is one thing. Not paint jobs, not wheels, not interiors but engines. Lawrence actually is the only one to break into this so far. They like the motors. Now I was watching closer this year as I have never opened My hood before at JCCS. Guy has for two years now. I watch the attention that spectatiors and photographers give to Our trucks. Last Year a lot of people were looking at Lawrences truck in the engine compartment. Also, I was watching spectatiors looking BREIFLY at Guys V6, which if any of You have seen in person, was done very professionally by an engineer years ago. Very clean instilation that still blows Me away. But they seem to just casually glance as they pass by. This year I slightly opened Choptana's hood and watched all day as people crooked Their necks trying to see what had been done. I've admitted that I've NEVER (in 35 years) been a motorhead and I am FAR from having a nice looking engine compartment, but they just HAD to see what was done with an L motor. At least that's what I was noticing. So American motor transplants don't interest them, but what has been done to Japanese motors. Mark, correct Me if I'm wrong, but how many were looking at Your nicely done sidedraft engine? I am guessing that quite a few at all the JCCS shows You've been at. They want to see a Japanese product that has been modified. Remember all the pictures taken of Ryan's engine compartment? It even made Truck Trends. They don't seem to get airdams, fenderflares, shaved hooks and such like We do. Yes, We are still breaking into Their niche and probibly always will. But what We DO HAVE now is a family. T-shirts, plaques and a banner. They are definately seeing that increasing. And I predict that We will continue to grow by at least 2 or 3 trucks per year. As long as We register EARLY, they will have to acknowledge Our presence one day. Will We ever pull trophys??? At this point I don't care. I just want to spend the day with My family.

I totally agree with everything you have said Mike....I remember that the first year we were there, EVERYONE looked into my engine bay and the comments regarding the NICE set of headers that i had, the fact that my valve cover was painted Body color and of course my custon made air cleaner assy........................I noticed (as you did) that more attention was paid to my engine bay this year than anything else..(and i think my TAILGATE deserves some notice, eh) only since my engine is quite stock lookin, all I got were cusory glances.......

Having said all this, i still think we are a great group and should continue to hang together and get to as many get togethers as we can.... oh and the more the merrier, bring the 510s the 610s the z cars the roadsters and anything else datsun you may have....