Jccs 2008!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That owner of that roadster has huge balls!!!!! More balls than that V8 510 owner I think. He races down in Mexico in regular Mexican streets from way down in the bottom of Mexico all the way too the top. Your racing on regular dirty Mexican roads going 90+ miles per hour. Cows, horses, pigs, people, rocks mud, water, oil, narcs, federalies anything small or big can end your life in a few seconds in that race. No special wall's just dirt and rock cushion your crash. Fucccccccc!!!!! The rules are simple, I believe that only simple mods can be made too your classic car. Like brake upgrades and safety. The engine I think has to be original and just register and haul ass!!!! I really would like to join my Mustang 1966 one of these days... KICK ASS!!! SHIIII I'll even try to fix up a 510 and join!!!

He is racing in Mexico next week. I wish him luck!!!!

http://www.lacarrerapanamericana.com.mx/ruta2_2008.asp

Its my dream to one day race at this rally! I was glad I meet him....

Edited by Motavated
I really would like to join my Mustang 1966 one of these days... KICK ASS!!! SHIIII I'll even try to fix up a 510 and join!!!

looks like fun! :D

ill go in a 510 next year! :w00t:

looks like there is a 65/66 stang in the header

I talked to that roadster guy, He drove down from the Bay area the night before. straight thru, He had like 4 or 5 empty coffee cups. He climbed out of his car holding all the cups and asked me, (Hey where are the bathrooms) :lol:

That owner of that roadster has huge balls!!!!! More balls than that V8 510 owner I think. He races down in Mexico in regular Mexican streets from way down in the bottom of Mexico all the way too the top. Your racing on regular dirty Mexican roads going 90+ miles per hour. Cows, horses, pigs, people, rocks mud, water, oil, narcs, federalies anything small or big can end your life in a few seconds in that race. No special wall's just dirt and rock cushion your crash. Fucccccccc!!!!! The rules are simple, I believe that only simple mods can be made too your classic car. Like brake upgrades and safety. The engine I think has to be original and just register and haul ass!!!! I really would like to join my Mustang 1966 one of these days... KICK ASS!!! SHIIII I'll even try to fix up a 510 and join!!!

He is racing in Mexico next week. I wish him luck!!!!

http://www.lacarrerapanamericana.com.mx/ruta2_2008.asp

Dangerous is right. I believe the Jag crashed killing one of drivers. :(

Mike says it costs him about $10k to run that race, which is why he has stuff for sale on his website:

http://www.luchalibreracing.com/

115099503-M.jpg

Yeah, I'm working on learning Spanish and maybe being part of his crew. :D

i love to look at the pics after the show and realize there were cars that i didn't even notice ...

xajad.jpg

I saw that 310 and started to say "What the ...."

But then I realized that they belong here, Old School to say the least.

However, the 1986 Acuras (I don't care what the plate says, there is no such animal as a 1985 Acura...) Are still not quite "classic"...yet :rolleyes:

John..any closer pix of your "deluxe" emblems? Oh & heres some more pics posted @ the JNC site.....

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/article.cgi?section=events&article=jccs2008

Mark, I'll get some today. Lets hope they don't come out thumb nail size, Still trying to figure uot this photobucket shit. It's tough to teach an old dog ney tricks. :lol:

About how many cars total where present? And does anyone know what Jay Leno was driving?

I think next year we definetly need to get some NW rides down there. I will try hard to get down and maybe if Bleaches car is done and I am sure there could be more....It looks like a good time...

Did any if you guys see anything from the NW down there???

John- Ty...even a thumbnail will be ok..I'll squint my eyes ;)

dave- Bout 400 cars in show..Leno was driving a 60's Honda. You guys HAVE to make it next year! No NW rides there this year that i know of.

zinterriorshots011.jpg

Mark. Here ya go. One deluxe fender emblem. :D

You mean these Acura's ? ;)

DSC01294.jpg

Yeah, those ones...

Look at me! I have fuel injection! Look at me I have a car old enough for the JCCS, but it's not what I would call (air quotes) classic tin! Ugh! It almost disgusts me. I drove a 1988 Toyota Corolla sedan to last years show. Primer black. The only real mods: rear wheel discs from a GTS, instrument cluster from an LE, Toyota Levin door panels. Bone friggin stock, down to the 3 speed auto. Would I bring it to the show?? NO. Why, someone may ask? Well, one good reason: There are PLENTY of them still on the road! How many of our Datsuns are in force on the road. Quite a few less, I would say.

Yeah, those ones...

Look at me! I have fuel injection! Look at me I have a car old enough for the JCCS, but it's not what I would call (air quotes) classic tin! Ugh! It almost disgusts me. I drove a 1988 Toyota Corolla sedan to last years show. Primer black. The only real mods: rear wheel discs from a GTS, instrument cluster from an LE, Toyota Levin door panels. Bone friggin stock, down to the 3 speed auto. Would I bring it to the show?? NO. Why, someone may ask? Well, one good reason: There are PLENTY of them still on the road! How many of our Datsuns are in force on the road. Quite a few less, I would say.

I have fuel injection :( I thought i was loved.

I have fuel injection :( I thought i was loved.

One moniker: DATSUN. Enough said. There are Nissans. There are Datsuns with EFI, but when we start having cars that are still out on the road (1990-something Sentras, Acuras, Toyotas, Mazdas, etc, etc, ad nauseum) for a show, we cross the line as to what is classic. Would you go to a car show that has classic muscle cars (pick your poison of manufacturers) parked next to mid-80s Crown Victorias, Caprice Classics, Silverados, F-Series? No, I certainly wouldn't. There are plenty of local supermarket parking lots where I can get that kind of amusement. I enjoyed the pure classics: 25 years and older, choice manufacturers, and raw classic look. Not the econoboxes of today's youth. There will be a time and place for those Acuras, when they're not as abundant on our highways and streets.

BTW, nbesheer, I still love your Z :D

One moniker: DATSUN. Enough said. There are Nissans. There are Datsuns with EFI, but when we start having cars that are still out on the road (1990-something Sentras, Acuras, Toyotas, Mazdas, etc, etc, ad nauseum) for a show, we cross the line as to what is classic. Would you go to a car show that has classic muscle cars (pick your poison of manufacturers) parked next to mid-80s Crown Victorias, Caprice Classics, Silverados, F-Series? No, I certainly wouldn't. There are plenty of local supermarket parking lots where I can get that kind of amusement. I enjoyed the pure classics: 25 years and older, choice manufacturers, and raw classic look. Not the econoboxes of today's youth. There will be a time and place for those Acuras, when they're not as abundant on our highways and streets.

BTW, nbesheer, I still love your Z :D

:) I got what you, it was weird seeing those things there. although that B12 sentra was kinda cool.

eh to be frank, if you cant have anything fuel injected, tak out most everything from the 80s.

a 86 integra is still 22 freaken years old going on 23 pretty soon. If you dont like hondas then more power to you. I dont see many 1st gen integras on the road these days. I see more ae86 than them these days actually lol.

Frankly most of my favorite japanese cars came out in the 80s.

I personally liek to see a variety. It gets old looking at 10 million 510's or 240z cars. I'm always curious tos ee what people have done with cars I dont pay much attention to, like a old integra.

...I'm always curious to see what people have done with cars I dont pay much attention to, like a old integra.

Come down here to SoCal. Plenty of Acura Integras for your viewing pleasure. Various stages of rice. Steamed, fried, raw, take your pick. All with the same M.O.: 20-something years old, and too much to prove.

I'll take my 4 door '73 Datsun 610. Not many of those left. Met one guy at the show with one (a '75, I think), and I know of one more being re-done. The last two I saw in person I was getting parts off of at the JY. Most are 2 doors, but still getting rarer with the ones dying and going to the great parking lot in the sky.